Revenant Healer Idea.

Silversmith.1953

Here lately I have been stewing on an idea I am curious about with the Healer Revenant Build. I'm a Huge fan of Revenant/Renegade. I really want to play a Support Healer build, just the current setup of the feels janky to me. Might just be me though. I have tried the other healer/supports in the game and they are just not my style. For the most part I like what The Rev/Ren has! but I think it can be adjusted to be more fun possibly.

Disclaimer: I am by no means a master or even "Good" with the professions in Gw2, this is Simply a Idea I thought of looking at the Rev Healer Kit and some of the specs. I have no concept of the balance in any of the content Gw2, so I understand if this is a bad idea or just wont work due to balancing.

My Idea: Have the Revenant player pulse healing just like the tablet, Move the tablet spawn key off of the 6 key and move "Natural Harmony" in its place. Have the Tablet spawn (Project Tranquility) and tablet explode (Energy Expulsion) merged into the same key and in the same location as Druids "Celestial Alignment" (V Key bind or above your dodge energy bar). Have the Tablet Move ability be able to be on one of the keys 7-9, Give tablet move (Ventari's Will) AoE Swiftness pulse while moving. Increase the healing effects the tablet provides and remove energy cost, or have it restore energy? also give it a energy usage and refill like Druids Celestial Alignment (to keep it from being too OP) ( I like the Idea of being less reliant on the tablet, while still having is be useful). I'd like to see for a new Elite ability, Have it be like whirlwind burst pulse of nature that does good healing (Graphic similar to Purifying Essence but faster and more leaves/vines). If that makes Rev healer too strong Something else is fine.

Thank you for your time! Looking forward to the comments!

I hate to break it to you but revenants have had a healing build for a while. It hasn't been meta though and for the most part is only used for the dome on W7 Adina , the new Harvest Temple Strike, and W6 Conjured Amalgamate CM.

See https://snowcrows.com/builds/revenant/renegade/heal-renegade
https://snowcrows.com/builds/revenant/herald/heal-quickness-herald

For WVW in particular there has been a new crop of heal vindicator which you won't see in PVE because everyone expects quickness or alacrity from the healer for role compression.
https://gw2mists.com/builds/revenant/heal-vindicator

Given that people had ran renegade healers even before the Salvation traitline was reworked (June 2022) and the tablet movement was significantly sped up it's in a far better state than before. The cooldown was reduced from 3s to 0.25s but it no longer heals when passing through allies.
(see https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Game_updates/2022-06-28#Revenant)

• Like 2

Honestly after the most recent rework to Ventari I think the legend is in a great spot and has a good level of power while still maintaining its unique playstyle. I'm very happy with how it performs and handles. I think there are some very minor things that can be done to it, but as a whole I think they did a good job at "modernizing" the legend to today's standards, and I don't think it really needs any big reworks.

Edited by Za Shaloc.3908
  • Like 1

I Started playing GW2 ever since it came out, but never really stayed for very long (First time using the forums too). I'm using https://snowcrows.com/en/builds/revenant/renegade/heal-renegade as my Renegade Heal speck. It feels better than the other Healers I have tested/played, I just thought that some abilities could be tweaked to make it more fun to play. My goal here wasn't an attempt to make it Meta, I just saw a decently fun profession and was curious what others thought  about the idea. I enjoy playing Support/Buffer style characters. Take care and thanks for the comments!

• Like 1

Ventari Herald Rev CAN heal, it's just not as "on demand" as you may like it versus other classes due to the Energy system. If that's what feels janky to you then yea you gotta just deal with it.

I've always wanted Tablet-Ventari to function like Shades-Scourges you know. Like the effect of the skill will affect both around the Tablet and around the player themselves. I think that's all Ventari needs imo. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I just wish the tablet's effects occurred around the player, too, just like Scourge's shades and Mesmer shatters.

Alternatively, we could have a larger radius around the tablet and a longer cooldown on Move Tablet.

And of course for the current disappearing-underground bug to be fixed. EDIT: They fixed it 😄 Yay!

Edited by Anonynja.3172
the bug was fixed!