Swords vs staff

I don't think theres really a right option here. Depends on what you feel you need and what your goals are. More defense? Staff. More offense? Swords. If you're playing solo I'd probably recommend staff because it's a lot safer and is a really amazing weapon for kiting and bridging the gap of defensives until your next legend swap. In groups, swords are more attractive IMO because of their killing and sticking power. 

In your post you ask for most versatile, so I would say staff is the better fit for you.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Trying GS/sword+axe , with shiro and dwarf, looks good too. 

You have much more cc, can take retri weakness trait too but did not try it enough, deva for now with death drop.

. As a bonus you can swap weapons all the time which is good for rev . 

Edited by Polar.8634
  • Like 1

I do Alliance/Shiro Salv Vindi with full zerk gear and GS (Hydro/Stam) and Sword/Axe (Energy/Cleansing or Absorption).

Salv: 3, 2, 2

Invo: 1, 2, 3

Vindi: 2, 3, 2

Lack of Stab, bot lots of dodging and dmg redu and nice speed.

Staff is for kittens 💪

Edited by Grand Marshal.4098
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Staff if you're pretty new and need a fallback weapon. Also if you are expecting to 1vX alot due to the roaming population of your current skirmish. 

Swords if you wanna get to peak WvW Vindicator prowess asap, because it raises your killing power by a massive amount. GS/Swords lets you chain alot of aggressive pushes on targets, usually more than they can handle with couple of evades and defensive utilities. 

• Like 3