Achievement #3459 - Legendary Armorer

Just so you do not need to be searching for it here is the link. Basicly for this achievement you need to unlock all 18 armor pieces from raids. Why do I specify the raid part ? Well because the other armors does not count for this achievement. The reason why it is this way, it's beecause this achievement is one of the older ones, when we did not had legendary armors from pvp or wvw. I do know it's a small thing in a big game with not much significance. I just would like to know your oppinions . Should this achievement description be rewriten to mention just raid armor ? Should it be moved into raid armor achievement category to make sure its just for the raid armors ? Should we get more of these for pvp and wvw sets as well ? There are so many possibilities that even I can't think of right now but maybe you can 😉.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Silent.6137 said:

I, for one, was very disappointed to find out my 1st set of legendary armors ( WvW) do not count after spending so much time to acquire them.

well the title you get is "Envoys Herald" because you get all the "Envoy" Armors.

But a similar title for the other armors would be cool 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Sarius.9285 said:

well the title you get is "Envoys Herald" because you get all the "Envoy" Armors.

That was years ago before I even started Raids. Would have no idea what Envoy's Herald would even pertain to. Nor would I have looked at the titles since I have never used any I do have except if required to show someone.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

I still say what is needed is a way to craft legendary armor that only unlocks the skins and costs slightly less in gold/materials for those who have 3 full sets of legendary armor and will never craft more armor JUST for this achivement and the skins, while people who made raid armor first (not everyone was aware and many crafted before armory) can just unlock the wvw/pvp Mistforged skins without crafting. Its been a topic in the past however, and it becomes controversial.

• Confused 3

* Rename this to be Envoy Armorer, update descriptions and category accordingly. Calling it Legendary Armorer is very confusing and it causes unnecessary arguments to include other legendary armors. This opens up other new sets of legendary armors as well.

* Add actual unique skins to legendary PvP and WvW armors already. Again, both do not need to be animated at all. Cost is not an issue. Think about generation 3 legendary weapon skins. So much cheaper to make, a brilliant idea to reduce cost for designing a bunch of skins. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like that, but that does reduce cost for designing them, which can be justified if Anet really can’t afford that.

* Maybe we can also add similar achievements for PvP/WvW legendary armors. I don’t exactly care, but for the sake of consistency and showing some love to the cornerstone modes, it makes sense to add. Better late than never.

• Like 6

I would love to see an item who will give you a envoy armor skin(also progress for Legendary Armorer achievement)  if you already have another kind of legendary armor(wvw or pvp). I am ok if this item will cost same amount of LI like the real Envoy armor but no others achievements or mats. You can also require first Envoy armor in order to have access to this item. It will bring some peoples back raiding.

Edited by Cobra.6509
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, godfat.2604 said:

* Rename this to be Envoy Armorer, update descriptions and category accordingly. Calling it Legendary Armorer is very confusing and it causes unnecessary arguments to include other legendary armors. This opens up other new sets of legendary armors as well.

* Add actual unique skins to legendary PvP and WvW armors already. Again, both do not need to be animated at all. Cost is not an issue. Think about generation 3 legendary weapon skins. So much cheaper to make, a brilliant idea to reduce cost for designing a bunch of skins. Don’t get me wrong, I don’t like that, but that does reduce cost for designing them, which can be justified if Anet really can’t afford that.

* Maybe we can also add similar achievements for PvP/WvW legendary armors. I don’t exactly care, but for the sake of consistency and showing some love to the cornerstone modes, it makes sense to add. Better late than never.

Was about to write something, then I saw this. Absolutely this.

Give WvW/Spvp legendary armor the same treatment (positive way) as pve legi armor. Adjust the PvE legi armor achievement description to be more accurate, add achievements for WvW/Spvp (gives me personally a reason to go after these myself and upgrade my ascended items).

Actually add an unique skin to WvW/Spvp legi armors to encourage players build them NEXT to the legi raid armor (plus give players who have multiple legis on these slots an actual reward for owning them).

I mean, maybe even add a final over the top achievement for owning ALL the legendary armors from pve,wvw and spvp. Ideally with some unique armor skin reward per piece or so. Would give some very far to reach carrot at least.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

59 minutes ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

I mean, maybe even add a final over the top achievement for owning ALL the legendary armors from pve,wvw and spvp. Ideally with some unique armor skin reward per piece or so. Would give some very far to reach carrot at least.

I don't think this is necessary, but I won't say no to any new features. However for meta achievements like this can easily hit into the same issue like the one we have with Legendary Armorer as well. What if then there's a new set of legendary armors? Should we include the new one for this meta achievement? An easy solution would then be the same, just rename it so nothing exactly needs to change. Maybe call it 1st generation legendary armor.

The other problem I can see when this happens is, if there's a new set of legendary armor, that should be promoted (new shiny! Driving the latest hotness is an important tool to make the game alive), but if that doesn't contribute to this meta achievement, that's a bit counter productive, which can give me dilemma that if I should keep spending my time and resources to this old meta achievement, or the new shiny legendary armor? Adding this new shiny legendary armor to the meta achievement is out of question because we should never invalidate the effort of the ones who had done it, nor make it more difficult for the new comer so newer people can never catch up. A moving achievement is a bad achievement. Or maybe make it so that any of the 3 sets of legendary armor would work? That's also weird and confusing.

Of course, this is all assuming that Anet might be adding new set of legendary armor, which might never happen. However in the long run, I don't see why not. It's likely fine for PvP or WvW to not have a new set, because contents there are less about level design, we don't need to promote new maps/levels, or less needed overall. For PvE, outside of legendary insights, they're bound to older PvE raids and/or meta events in the past. It's a common practice to add new rewards for new levels/events to drive people into new contents in PvE. We can change so that new levels/events can finish the older achievements so that we don't need to add new set of legendary armor, but that's again complex to implement and can invalidate efforts for people who had done it the hard way before. Adding new shiny is the way to go for PvE.

Edited by godfat.2604
Spacing
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, godfat.2604 said:

I don't think this is necessary, but I won't say no to any new features. However for meta achievements like this can easily hit into the same issue like the one we have with Legendary Armorer as well. What if then there's a new set of legendary armors? Should we include the new one for this meta achievement? An easy solution would then be the same, just rename it so nothing exactly needs to change. Maybe call it 1st generation legendary armor.

True, I was just spitballing ideas here. Good point on the moving forward aspects here.

• Confused 1

2 hours ago, Cobra.6509 said:

I would love to see an item who will give you a envoy armor skin(also progress for Legendary Armorer achievement)  if you already have another kind of legendary armor(wvw or pvp). I am ok if this item will cost same amount of LI like the real Envoy armor but no others achievements or mats. You can also require first Envoy armor in order to have access to this item. It will bring some peoples back raiding.

Something like this is something I've been proposing myself. Probably not quite as open as only requiring the LIs - it'd probably be fair to also require provisioner tokens and a few other currencies and materials that are specific to the raid armours. But I think it's reasonable to skip the Gifts of (Trophy) and the various other materials that are common to all legendary armours.

• Like 2

This topic has many threads. I know this post is specifically about the AP end of it, but the skins and armory end of the whole thing is the real issue.

For me I dont care so much about the AP or titles but I realize many like the OP may care more about that. Granted that, its all part of the same ball of wax. For me, I care about not having a similar cost path to unlocking all the legendary skin sets since I started in pvp/wvw before raids or the armory and have never been offered a path to unlock the skins without incurring more cost than others who happened to make raid armor first.

All these threads cover the same topic or some angle (sub topic) of it.

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

For me I dont care so much about the AP or titles but I realize many like the OP may care more about that. Granted that, its all part of the same ball of wax. For me, I care about not having a similar cost path to unlocking all the legendary skin sets since I started in pvp/wvw before raids or the armory and have never been offered a path to unlock the skins without incurring more cost than others who happened to make raid armor first.

You couldn't even craft pvp/wvw armor sets before the achievement was in the same state it was today. It also is the same for everything else in the game as far as I know: you don't get a discount on skins because you have another one.

45 minutes ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

The achievement should count other legendary armor sets as well. I would like to see it changed that way.

Considering the title, it wouldn't make sense.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

I do not like the idea of giving a discount for specific skins provided that one already has the other legendary armors. This makes things complex and to be consistent, all the legendary armor skins will have to provide this option. This might not matter given the current status that PvP and WvW legendary armors don't have their own unique skins, so such options for them are not needed. However, once this discount option is provided, in the future when PvP and WvW get their own skins, the same discount option should be provided, which makes things unnecessary complex and more expensive to implement.

I understand where this is coming from, because legendary armory eliminated the motivations to have multiple same weight armors. However, this has been done and we're not going back. Moving forward, we shouldn't think about "legendary armors", but just some unique skins that also grant you legendary level quality of life improvements, if one doesn't have it already. Think of it as unlocking something, rather than actually getting some physical items (not really physical, but you get the idea). This is completely the same for legendary weapons, where we even reached to the 3rd generation. I look forward to PvP and WvW unique skins, and the whole new 2nd generation legendary armors, which should have unique skins and similar costs with 1st gen, just like weapons.

• Confused 2

5 minutes ago, godfat.2604 said:

I do not like the idea of giving a discount for specific skins provided that one already has the other legendary armors. This makes things complex and to be consistent, all the legendary armor skins will have to provide this option. This might not matter given the current status that PvP and WvW legendary armors don't have their own unique skins, so such options for them are not needed. However, once this discount option is provided, in the future when PvP and WvW get their own skins, the same discount option should be provided, which makes things unnecessary complex and more expensive to implement.

I understand where this is coming from, because legendary armory eliminated the motivations to have multiple same weight armors. However, this has been done and we're not going back. Moving forward, we shouldn't think about "legendary armors", but just some unique skins that also grant you legendary level quality of life improvements, if one doesn't have it already. Think of it as unlocking something, rather than actually getting some physical items (not really physical, but you get the idea). This is completely the same for legendary weapons, where we even reached to the 3rd generation. I look forward to PvP and WvW unique skins, and the whole new 2nd generation legendary armors, which should have unique skins and similar costs with 1st gen, just like weapons.

I think you mean IF PvP and WvW get their own skins.

Considering they were implemented because people said we dont want no fancy skins just give us legendary armor in our game mode dont force us to pve.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I think you mean IF PvP and WvW get their own skins.

Considering they were implemented because people said we dont want no fancy skins just give us legendary armor in our game mode dont force us to pve.

That’s the presumption, of course. No one can say “we” want or “we” don’t want, because no one can represent any other except themselves. There are certainly people “want” it, and there are certainly people who don’t need it. Players come and go. Poll 5 years ago, surely can’t represent what the current players think either. Again, for the sake of consistency, and showing some love to the cornerstone game modes, that should be done, unless Anet really want to abandon PvP and WvW, which is actually pretty evident and convincing, sadly. That will not stop me from asking them though, unless I also decided to quit the game due to being abandoned.

Edited by godfat.2604
Fix spacing
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1