Strikes don't replace raids. We need Wing 8

Einsof.1457

Strikes don't do it for me. I don't know why. They just seem wrong. Raids have a vibe and feel like an adventure.  Strikes are fun and stuff, but it just feels...artificial. I really want Wing 8. I want adventure again.  

edit: OH! Also, get rid of the terrible pve legendary medium legs animation please.

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

edit: OH! Also, get rid of the terrible pve legendary medium legs animation please.

Oh, how much would I give for optional toggle to hide this fugly skirt on medium lege armor and stay with that cool west. Only reason I do not use lege skin. 😞

• Like 4

8 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

Strikes don't do it for me. I don't know why. They just seem wrong. Raids have a vibe and feel like an adventure.  Strikes are fun and stuff, but it just feels...artificial. I really want Wing 8. I want adventure again.  

I imagine that most PvE content feels this way when you cut it down. Imagine if dungeons or Fractals were just the single boss at the end and that's it. Imagine of all of Auric Basin was deleted and replaced with a 5min Octovine battle.  It would all feel flat, and that's what's happened to raids with strike missions.

I don't know how anyone ever thought it was a good idea. Oh, right, half the community does with their complaining about how long everything is, how much dialogue there is, how boring any kind of activity other than fighting a boss is, how annoying having to do any kind of events is, and so on.

It makes perfect sense how we ended up here. Players don't want adventure, they want loot pinatas.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

6 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I don't know how anyone ever thought it was a good idea. Oh, right, half the community does with their complaining about how long everything is, how much dialogue there is, how boring any kind of activity other than fighting a boss is, how annoying having to do any kind of events is, and so on.

They didnt do this because people wanted strikes because of Spirit Run or NPCs chatting. They did it because it's much easier to make. It takes way less resources. Don't need to build entire environments, can reuse models from the story/open world.

They prob stopped doing raids cause it cost too much for a relatively smaller part of the community to actually play them. Strikes are much more efficient. 

I would have preferred raids to strikes too but it's ptob either strikes or nothing so I'm happy they made the decision. The actual design of the fights has been very good as well so that's nice.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Is it possible to like this topic for million times?

I'm totally with you my friend. Include medium leg armor animation:) I wasnt really into strikes. Actually, I experienced it for the first time just 2 weeks ago. First time I saw the description in LFG system, I scared. IBS 5, EOD, Hell, Yeah, OMG, need HFB with 1000 Li... I joined. After 30 min, we have done all things thats written in description. I look at the screen for a minute and asked to myself; "Is that all?"

First time I experienced a raid with my Druid... Omg. We wiped so many times at Vale Guardian and I was so frakin curious about that cave entrance right behind the boss. Whats in there? What we gonna see next? And I missed that excitement.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Eldor.4201 said:

We wiped so many times at Vale Guardian and I was so frakin curious about that cave entrance right behind the boss. Whats in there? What we gonna see next? And I missed that excitement.

Yeah the IBS strikes are very easy and the early EOD ones in normal mode arent crazy either. Try doing Kaineng CM, Harvest Temple CM, Old Lions Court CM and Xunlai Junkyard CM (with title achievement) with new people and you'll be at each of those for a couple of hours to potentially a couple of days to possibly weeks/months with HTCM. The normal modes are very doable but the EOD CMs are harder than most of the Raids, including Raid CMs.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

No need to make even more posts about dead content

It's the biggest problem with this game right now.  We're approaching a year post-EoD release with almost no new content.  It's fair to ask for new raids, new fractals, new story, and new everything else.  It's a content drought.  It's time everyone who is bored with this game and wants to see some genuinely new stuff to do in their favorite game modes speak up about it.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I imagine that most PvE content feels this way when you cut it down. Imagine if dungeons or Fractals were just the single boss at the end and that's it. Imagine of all of Auric Basin was deleted and replaced with a 5min Octovine battle.  It would all feel flat, and that's what's happened to raids with strike missions.

It makes perfect sense how we ended up here. Players don't want adventure, they want loot pinatas.

Sad. 

• Confused 2

2 hours ago, Baseleader.4128 said:

They didnt do this because people wanted strikes because of Spirit Run or NPCs chatting. They did it because it's much easier to make. It takes way less resources. Don't need to build entire environments, can reuse models from the story/open world.

They prob stopped doing raids cause it cost too much for a relatively smaller part of the community to actually play them. Strikes are much more efficient. 

I would have preferred raids to strikes too but it's ptob either strikes or nothing so I'm happy they made the decision. The actual design of the fights has been very good as well so that's nice.

They literally said the reason they can't spend resources on it and make easier content is because no one plays raids. It was something like 1-2% of the overall population at its peak. The reason players don't play raids isn't in a vaccum, it has alot to do with what I said.

Let's look at Forging Steel. It didn't use hardly any content from the open-world, the developers built an entire, huge map that no one will ever see again just for that one instance, along with alot of unique mechanics and even enemies. Yet despite its perfect viability to have a raid wing they didn't make it one.

Why? Because the community views it as being boring enough as it is. Raid-level boss battles are exciting, but that's all that is exciting about them and that's exactly what strike missions bring. They tried to test this out with Forging Steel and Cold War and found players still just want boss battles only.

Its not about the difficulty, it doesn't matter if you increase it. Its about the time spent relative to the rewards, and raids have always been the most unrewarding content in the game in that regard.

Easy content is fast, rewarding, farmable, and not annoying.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 6

29 minutes ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

They literally said the reason they can't spend resources on it and make easier content is because no one plays raids. It was something like 1-2% of the overall population at its peak. The reason players don't play raids isn't in a vaccum, it has alot to do with what I said.

You could have an hours long discussion of why raids were/are fairly niche but none of it would have to do with the fact that there's some NPC roleplay going on or the fact that you have to do Spirit Run between Vale and Gorseval.

It has everything to do with the game not having a proper difficulty ramp up system, which meant raids difficulty was like 0-100mph instantly and a whole host of other issues. The fact it has story was actually what possibly pulled some people into the content. See also the amount of people asking for story mode raids in countless posts on this forum.

They cant spend a lot of resources on raids cause few people play it is indeed correct, which is why they invented strikes as it allows them to create content for those 2% (and more cause the nm strikes are quite easy) without spending a lot of resources on it.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Baseleader.4128 said:

if there is player demand for raids then they will make raids. stop doing strikes and maybe that would send them a message. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

4 hours ago, Einsof.1457 said:

if there is player demand for raids then they will make raids. stop doing strikes and maybe that would send them a message. 

If you want more raids, that's the last thing you should do. If people stop doing strikes, Anet will conclude this isnt a game for difficult instanced content and simply stop making it.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Baseleader.4128 said:

If you want more raids, that's the last thing you should do. If people stop doing strikes, Anet will conclude this isnt a game for difficult instanced content and simply stop making it.

But we could start a community called raiders on strike. ...get it?

• Haha 5

Idk I like both strikes and Raids. Tho to me Raids should be the rewarding endgame content meaning hard bosses/mechanics high rewards. Also to me they should be unique means not so many raids in one game. While strikes feel and should be like harder Boss Versions from Story. This ones rewards ya "only" with good armory and weapons just to get rdy for raids. (Maybe also some Silver).

Buut yea this is how I am See it xd. This is also why I would like to see more strikes to HoT, PoF and Living World season bosses. Something like the fight against palawa Joko or Balthasar could have been epic af xd.

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Pati.2438 said:

Idk I like both strikes and Raids. Tho to me Raids should be the rewarding endgame content meaning hard bosses/mechanics high rewards. Also to me they should be unique means not so many raids in one game. While strikes feel and should be like harder Boss Versions from Story. This ones rewards ya "only" with good armory and weapons just to get rdy for raids. (Maybe also some Silver).

Buut yea this is how I am See it xd. This is also why I would like to see more strikes to HoT, PoF and Living World season bosses. Something like the fight against palawa Joko or Balthasar could have been epic af xd.

Tecnically speaking strikes SAID BY ARENANET ITSELF are a ladder so people can enter easily into the raids, even more easily if we take in consideration that rn on certain wings there's a buff that essentially makes you take down the boss almost yes or yes since everytime you wipe you get an stat increase.

If raids are "dead" it's because since day 1 that part of the game got filled with elitists that only deserved a permaban due to being assholes, capable of kicking you for doing 1K less of damage than people that literally could to their rotation just using muscular memory.If instead of looking to the other side they punished this kind of behavior maybe raids wouldn't be "dead content". 

I was there when raids got released, and I can tell for sure that raids didn't die, raids got murdered, that it's different.

Edited by Renegated.4132
  • Like 2
  • Confused 6

I always thought Strikes was a stepping stone to raids where the Non-CMs are easier than raids but they would help the group understand the importance of proper squad comps and mechanics that you would see in raids.

But yes I do want to see them add a Wing 8. Maybe the estate in the south part of Cantha would be a good candidate or go back to The Deep/Urgoz's Warren. From GW1.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Renegated.4132 said:

Tecnically speaking strikes SAID BY ARENANET ITSELF are a ladder so people can enter easily into the raids, even more easily if we take in consideration that rn on certain wings there's a buff that essentially makes you take down the boss almost yes or yes since everytime you wipe you get an stat increase.

If raids are "dead" it's because since day 1 that part of the game got filled with elitists that only deserved a permaban due to being assholes, capable of kicking you for doing 1K less of damage than people that literally could to their rotation just using muscular memory.If instead of looking to the other side they punished this kind of behavior maybe raids wouldn't be "dead content". 

I was there when raids got released, and I can tell for sure that raids didn't die, raids got murdered, that it's different.

It is more when the pure dps are bettwen healer and quick/alac dps in damage numbers.

And thats bettwen 2-10k mostly.

You as a pure dps should be able to pump atleast over 10k.

So dont come with this 1k less then optimal nonsence when that is bettwen 30-46k on the classes.

Edit

And back before we had dps meters people got kicked for not playing tempest since that was in theory the best damage class no matter how well people preformed on them.

That changed when people got to see how everyone actualy preformed on said class.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2