Strikes don't replace raids. We need Wing 8

Einsof.1457

1 hour ago, Mell.4873 said:

It doesn't really matter what you say since they are moving in this direction. I mean every Class can provide one of the two main boons and sometimes both. We have 3 barrier healers with 2 in just the last expansion.

I am trying to push the LFG system because we have it in PvP so it's already available for repropose. We have 3 main roles already so I don't see why you can't que with them for at least fractals. Again, many other games have this and is what is lacking compared to something like FF14.

Because other games have it doesn’t mean that Guild Wars 2 must have it. Other games have gear treadmills, should GW2 have it as well?
I really don’t see the benefit of a queuing system. 

• Like 6

Just now, vares.8457 said:

Because other games have it doesn’t mean that Guild Wars 2 must have it. Other games have gear treadmills, should GW2 have it as well?
I really don’t see the benefit of a queuing system. 

Well good luck with the irrelevant end-game content we have. It seems they will be focusing on WvW at the moment anyway which I'm all for so that will keep me happy. 

• Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

Well good luck with the irrelevant end-game content we have. It seems they will be focusing on WvW at the moment anyway which I'm all for so that will keep me happy. 

A queuing system would not make endgame content relevant. This is not some magic solution that will end all problems. Look how terrible the system sometimes works in PvP. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 6

3 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

A queuing system would not make endgame content relevant. This is not some magic solution that will end all problems. Look how terrible the system sometimes works in PvP. 

I guess.... I just don't enjoy waiting an hour to play a Strike/Raid. I don't really have the time wait around, I would rather WvW at the moment. 

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

2 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

I guess.... I just don't enjoy waiting an hour to play a Strike/Raid. I don't really have the time wait around, I would rather WvW at the moment. 

A queuing system would not change that. Then you would be an hour in a queue. Your time zone seems to be the problem, not the current LFG. Maybe join a static that does strikes and raids in your time zone or make your own group. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5

38 minutes ago, vares.8457 said:

A queuing system would not change that. Then you would be an hour in a queue. Your time zone seems to be the problem, not the current LFG. Maybe join a static that does strikes and raids in your time zone or make your own group. 

I would if I could, but I don't get to play regularly enough. If I didn't have a 50 hour a week job and a family, I guess I could raid/strike more.

• Confused 3

2 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I would if I could, but I don't get to play regularly enough. If I didn't have a 50 hour a week job and a family, I guess I could raid/strike more.

You can always put up the lfg and go wvw while you wait for it to fill.

The same thing you would do with an auto que anyway.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

You can always put up the lfg and go wvw while you wait for it to fill.

The same thing you would do with an auto que anyway.

Good lets do that with an  auto-que .

Also the other  9 wont need to check the listings every so often and simply procced to play other contents while they wait

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 6

9 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

It doesn't really matter what you say since they are moving in this direction. I mean every Class can provide one of the two main boons and sometimes both. We have 3 barrier healers with 2 in just the last expansion.

Oh, if "it doesn't really matter what anyone says beacuse they are moving in this direction" then why did you even write that initial post when you announced "they need to do it"? Looks like you have your take on this (which is not "they'll do it anyways!") and the moment someone disputes it, it suddenly "doesn't matter who says what because they're doing it anyway" 🙄

No, they're not exactly doing it anyways and they don't need to do it.

9 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I am trying to push the LFG system because we have it in PvP so it's already available for repropose.

pvp mm has nothing to do with potential pve mm. And I probably don't exactly need you to tell me now that's what you're doing, seeing how I just pointed out that your post is directed solely on pushing the idea you've already created the thread about, so stop trying to derail this one.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Oh, if "it doesn't really matter what anyone says beacuse they are moving in this direction" then why did you even write that initial post when you announced "they need to do it"? Looks like you have your take on this (which is not "they'll do it anyways!") and the moment someone disputes it, it suddenly "doesn't matter who says what because they're doing it anyway" 🙄

No, they're not exactly doing it anyways and they don't need to do it.

pvp mm has nothing to do with potential pve mm. And I probably don't exactly need you to tell me now that's what you're doing, seeing how I just pointed out that your post is directed solely on pushing the idea you've already created the thread about, so stop trying to derail this one.

I'm sorry for derailing the thread.

I'm just responding to people; I can't really help myself responding if people comment on what I say. 

On 1/11/2023 at 8:35 AM, AliamRationem.5172 said:

It's the biggest problem with this game right now.  We're approaching a year post-EoD release with almost no new content.  It's fair to ask for new raids, new fractals, new story, and new everything else.  It's a content drought.  It's time everyone who is bored with this game and wants to see some genuinely new stuff to do in their favorite game modes speak up about it.

When your brand new  expac is in a content drought 1 year after release you've done something horribly wrong.

Edited by Kozumi.5816
  • Confused 4

I can agree some HoT raids feel more adventurous/epic than strikes as implemented but i don't see it as a consequence of the format. It's more about encounter design. Xera, visually and as an encounter feels really cool. Ko is probably the closest to rivaling it from EoD strikes but current strike design focuses on phases and changes between them more than optics and feel. It's part of why EoD strikes aren't as fun imo compared to IBs. 

Also i couldn't appreciate some HoT encounter design until i was comfortable with the encounter. Before that it felt like a slog. The only PoF raid that feels adventurous is w5 imo. Sometimes its difficulty dwarfs its feel. 

Also, strike cms feel like a slog compared to normal raids: higher dps reqs and excessive phasing are likely to blame. Ah cm is a higher paper dps requirement than tl with even more hard phasing. 

Raids themselves seem to be declining in popularity as of late, i don't think issuing more will magically save the format. 

Raids need a method of encouraging more engagement before being expanded. 

Edited by Firebeard.1746
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

I want wing 8 and wing 9 😄

With a new legendary ring that will upgrade our floating ball even more! I use to hate raid, but sibce this summer Iv done every wing, every boss multiple time, and ya they are really fun! Now I need more... MORE... and yeah strike are fun but they indeed dont feel like an adventure.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Makuragee.3058 said:

I want wing 8 and wing 9 😄

With a new legendary ring that will upgrade our floating ball even more! I use to hate raid, but sibce this summer Iv done every wing, every boss multiple time, and ya they are really fun! Now I need more... MORE... and yeah strike are fun but they indeed dont feel like an adventure.

So why did you hate raids in the first place?

I mean you would have had to try the raids to know you dislike them right?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/4/2023 at 4:17 AM, Firebeard.1746 said:

I can agree some HoT raids feel more adventurous/epic than strikes as implemented but i don't see it as a consequence of the format. It's more about encounter design. Xera, visually and as an encounter feels really cool. Ko is probably the closest to rivaling it from EoD strikes but current strike design focuses on phases and changes between them more than optics and feel. It's part of why EoD strikes aren't as fun imo compared to IBs. 

Also i couldn't appreciate some HoT encounter design until i was comfortable with the encounter. Before that it felt like a slog. The only PoF raid that feels adventurous is w5 imo. Sometimes its difficulty dwarfs its feel. 

Also, strike cms feel like a slog compared to normal raids: higher dps reqs and excessive phasing are likely to blame. Ah cm is a higher paper dps requirement than tl with even more hard phasing. 

Raids themselves seem to be declining in popularity as of late, i don't think issuing more will magically save the format. 

Raids need a method of encouraging more engagement before being expanded. 

The problem IMO with PoF raids it's that W6 and W7 don't give any real lore, W1-4 are basically the dismantling of the biggest terrorist organization on the human comunity, plus knowing that the one who founded it never made it so it became what it was at the moment you dismantle it and how he was tortured after realising he had been used to try to enslave his own people. W5 basically puts us against the former god of death, something trully god tier, but wings 6 and 7 basically get a kick in the balls when it comes to epicity. Qadim may be powerfull, but at the end of the day, he is a djinn, an overdosed djinn on W7, it doesn't have the same epicness nor supposes the same threat as the White Mantle or the former god of death, it's a good fight, yeah, but it does not feel as epic as the other 5 wings.

And on top of that, we have the rewards, once you've experienced the lore of it, you go in because the rewards normally are juicy, and sadly GW2 raids do not have that kind of rewards, you get the same independently if you do fractals, strikes or raids when it comes to ascended, being the skin the only thing that changes, and basically any other option it's easier than doing raids. People will not go in if you don't give them a reason to do so.

Edited by Renegated.4132
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Renegated.4132 said:

but wings 6 and 7 basically get a kick in the balls when it comes to epicity. Qadim may be powerfull, but at the end of the day, he is a djinn, an overdosed djinn on W7, it doesn't have the same epicness nor supposes the same threat as the White Mantle or the former god of death, it's a good fight, yeah, but it does not feel as epic as the other 5 wings.

Are you saying you weren't interested to literally jump into the Mystic Forge, one of the most famous and mysterious interactions in the game? Not everything has to be a larger-than-life fight against evil.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

On 2/11/2023 at 5:35 PM, Linken.6345 said:

So why did you hate raids in the first place?

I mean you would have had to try the raids to know you dislike them right?

First time was in HoT, I was a bit more noob, but I join a group with a commander so toxic and unlikable. Second attemp was when wing 4 release. This time I command and it took me more than 30 min forming the squad. But then everyone left after like 2 pull. I was sad that it took me more time to form the group than play time. Third time was when embo release, I did every raid wing week after week. Now Im exp and can easly command any boss on any wing. I guess I just had 2 bad experience.

• Like 1

I can't stand the Boss in a Box content, it feels like a check list given by my boss i have to work on every day i did that for a while until i burnout from the game and i really wish the game didn't burn  me out every 4-5 months i play it but the content is just that no soul just work to get some reward 

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

4 hours ago, Moriartiy.6753 said:

I can't stand the Boss in a Box content, it feels like a check list given by my boss i have to work on every day i did that for a while until i burnout from the game and i really wish the game didn't burn  me out every 4-5 months i play it but the content is just that no soul just work to get some reward 

You don't need to do the same things every day. Switch it up a little.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

To me, the biggest reason Strikes don't feel like an adequate substitute for Raids is because Strikes are re-hashing existing content. They're reworks of bosses from elsewhere in the game's lore and story, and you're just dropped right in front of them. Raids are wholly original content (save for re-using a few assets here and there, which is forgivable). They have lore behind them, original maps, original bosses, original mechanics, each one feels like its own special ADDITION to the game, rather than another way to re-play existing boss fights. 

The EoD strikes to deviate from the IBS strike format a bit and push it a *little* in the direction of raids, but it's really just because the fights are much longer and run through more phases along the way. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

On 2/23/2023 at 2:41 PM, Moriartiy.6753 said:

You just described raids as well 😎

• Confused 6