DX11 PVP Rank Badge Game Crash Issue

Post Lunar New Year 2023 patch, when i look at any player's name tag, if that player has their PVP badge display activated, on my end that badge is invisible, but it also crashes my game, that is, it triggers the crash reporter popup, the game still runs in the background and i can see no badge displayed. I can not continue playing with the crash reporter because after about 3 minutes the game freezes and crashes, and closing the crash reporter executable closes the game.

I've conclusively tested this with a friend, the game continuously enters this crash report window popup state if my friend enters my field of vision with the badge active, or the moment they activate it while in my field of vision.

Hiding player nameplates helps avoid the crash, but only so long as i do not walk too closely to another player, else within certain proximity to the center of my screen nameplates always reappear.

Since DX11 was introduced the PVP badges were displayed as broken purple textures on my end.

On DX9 the PVP badges appear properly and no issues occur.

Please help.

Edited by Altriba.8092

That might be the issue. Thanks for posting this - I thought it was related to the map and festival stuff related there since lots of people reported it mainly/only in DR during the festival.

I also use Windows 7 and hat the problem (reported in the DX11 bug/graphics thread) with the badges. (All other stuff seems to work fine.) I guess they tried to bugfix something there ... introducing another bug. I hope this infos can help identifying the problem quickly. Will try it with DX11 on and disabling the names (that I usually always let enabled to show by default ... for everyone).

Also thanks, Stephane, for replying. Good to know that this is known and being worked on.

Edited by Luthan.5236