Ho Hum, Black Lion Chests remain the same for Lunar

MarkBecks.6453

I opened 5 bl chests and got a snowflake glider and iceberg skiff. This was on the menu for winters day festival, and I just think with 155 000 files to download, and a lot of effort in the patch, why still have stuff that's just carried over with no change. Of all the items Anet can choose, you drop stuff that's not even going to be used until the Wintersday feeling comes back 2023. You can do WAY better than this :)

• Confused 4

I was hoping for more of a lunar new year themed black lion chest as well.   The iceberg skiff is fine in there, there's usually one carry over from the previous chest.  I do like the fishing rod, alas it's proven elusive with my few keys.  I did get some decent junk gold drops, otherwise not much of interest.

On 1/11/2023 at 3:24 PM, MarkBecks.6453 said:

I opened 5 bl chests and got a snowflake glider and iceberg skiff. This was on the menu for winters day festival, and I just think with 155 000 files to download, and a lot of effort in the patch, why still have stuff that's just carried over with no change. Of all the items Anet can choose, you drop stuff that's not even going to be used until the Wintersday feeling comes back 2023. You can do WAY better than this 🙂

They changed bl chest for lunar new year though. Iceberg skiff stayed on the table because its always only ONE of the items that change so that way each stays for two bl chests changes. Everything else changed as it always does, uncommon and rare weapons skins, dyes, glyphs, nodes. As for the glider, you most probably got it from wardrobe unlock, those unlocks always contains all skins all year round, they doesnt change with festivals. They are just adding new skins into them.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Cernoch.8524 said:

They changed bl chest for lunar new year though. Iceberg skiff stayed on the table because its always only ONE of the items that change so that way each stays for two bl chests changes. Everything else changed as it always does, uncommon and rare weapons skins, dyes, glyphs, nodes. As for the glider, you most probably got it from wardrobe unlock, those unlocks always contains all skins all year round, they doesnt change with festivals. They are just adding new skins into them.

The glider must have come from somewhere else because according to the Wiki the Wintersday chest didn't include a glider skin. The other rare exclusive drop was the Infernal Fail Mace.

I have been strong for a long while and not purchased any keys after receiving rubbish and feeling absolutely ripped off.  Well... yes....  I was foolish enough to buy 5 keys and basically received dyes that I already had and other rubbish.... I would have been happy with a snowflake glider... many people do worse.... the Black Lion Chests are the worst in any mmo that I have played and often just leave you with a feeling of emptiness or anger.  I have a key now sitting in my bank, because I don't want those feeling with a game intended for enjoyment.

Edited by Sonnet.2956
  • Confused 4

Best strategy is to buy/use them with the expectation to only get one or two statuettes. Then long-term using them to buy stuff directly if there is something nice on the statuette vendor. While this is let than you'd get by having luck often and getting lots of stuff from the chests ... ir probably is a lot cheaper and you aren't really missing out on much.

There are a ton of free skins. for armor and stuff. And the gliders and chairs have regularly stuff to purchase directly in the gem store. And I mean: Others probably don't care at all. And for using yourself ... there should be enough available. Not like the stuff from the chests is looking better than other stuff lol.

I got the Vermillion Throne and that movable jade chair ... when getting lucky. I always open one chest (rarely more and then only 2-3 or so at max) after the chests change. (Secondary item changes.) Since mid 2019 or so. Usually it is only the statuette and the loot table shows that the most of the common stuff is useless. There is an option for some golden key though. Not worth it imo though: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Black_Lion_Chest#Uncommon_drops

With the then guarantueed uncommon or better (most likely only uncommon) ... just another skin to fill up the wardrobe.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1