My thoughts after obtaining Skyscale

Let me be clear...I'm a casual player, I don't raid, I've done strike missions, although I'm not the best at it by a long shot. I own all the expacs, and I currently stand at 430 mastery level. In all the years I've been playing, I've seen the griping about what are, basically, QOL items. Sure, mounts are a great addition to the game, and GW2 does them pretty well, IMO. Some ppl equate effort with grind, and grind with not fun. Then there are those folks who think that everything should just be handed out to them like candy. Not necessarily saying the OP is that, but there are many like what I've described IG. To me, it's a game, and as such, I play it...emphasis on play. If I don't like some content, or the process of getting a shiny becomes not fun, I stop doing it. If the game overall becomes not fun to play to me, I'll stop playing. In the over a decade since I began playing GW1 I still find the games fun to play. Are they perfect, nope. Are they still fun to play to me, yes. Do I, for example, wish the Permanent Bank Access Contract cost less than 5k because the drop rate is so low, sure, but can I live without it, sure.

Getting the Skyscale was fun to me. It was a quest chain and yet another adventure. I got it when it originally came out and I don't regret getting at all. It is the most versatile mount to me, and as others have said, it relegates the other mounts to niche status. But griping about the process to acquire an optional item or mount just doesn't make sense for me. If things get bad, I won't gripe, I'll move on...life's too short.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2