Light, Medium or Heavy? (Doing up Legendary Armor)

mizaru.1385

37 minutes ago, mizaru.1385 said:

Interesting....I havnt had a chance to take a look at legendary runes yet. I'll go take a look.

Also if you have not tried raiding yet and are looking at Legendary armor. I would seriously consider making the raid armor. Its cheaper, faster and easier to obtain vs the pvp/wvw legendary armor once you take into account the cost and time investment for the 1st precursor armor set. The Envoy armor collection part 1 + 2 can be completed in 6 weeks (faster if not for time gates).

The raid armor will take provisioner tokens like the runes and sigils. Also if you are gona make the runes and sigils you may want to start to save up the materials over time to save on cost while you deal with the time gate on the provisioner tokens.

To get back to raid legendary armor for a moment. To complete Envoy 1 u rly just need to clear w1-4 and redo gorse a few times for the drops. w1-4 IMO is easier than the avg Fractal T4 really due to instabilities. Envoy 2 is even easier and is all done in w4 plus a few low tier fractals to pickup a few collection items. Super easy and then you have 2 full sets of ascended stat selectable and one set is the precursor set.

Then to upgrade to legendary you just do more raids, any boss gives Li which is the raid only drop used for that armor in place of the Skermish tickets and ascended shards (the time gate parts) plus the provisioner tokens which are just a time gated merchant for gold or items.

Also the raid Legendary armor skins can ONLY be obtained via upgrade/craft to legendary. Meanwhile, you can just buy all the wvw/pvp skins as skins and save ALLOT of gold to get all the skin sets. That may not seem big now but later you may find it does and then its too late and you are stuck cause the pvp/wvw legendary armor is not consistent with the raid stuff.

Can get some info here if you wana see what I mean. The thread starts out about an achivement, but that relates to differences in the armor sets, armory and how skins can be gotten. Its pretty messed up tbh. Anet should fix.

Edited by Moradorin.6217

27 minutes ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

Also if you have not tried raiding yet and are looking at Legendary armor. I would seriously consider making the raid armor. Its cheaper, faster and easier to obtain vs the pvp/wvw legendary armor once you take into account the cost and time investment for the 1st precursor armor set. The Envoy armor collection part 1 + 2 can be completed in 6 weeks (faster if not for time gates).

The raid armor will take provisioner tokens like the runes and sigils. Also if you are gona make the runes and sigils you may want to start to save up the materials over time to save on cost while you deal with the time gate on the provisioner tokens.

To get back to raid legendary armor for a moment. To complete Envoy 1 u rly just need to clear w1-4 and redo gorse a few times for the drops. w1-4 IMO is easier than the avg Fractal T4 really due to instabilities. Envoy 2 is even easier and is all done in w4 plus a few low tier fractals to pickup a few collection items. Super easy and then you have 2 full sets of ascended stat selectable and one set is the precursor set.

Then to upgrade to legendary you just do more raids, any boss gives Li which is the raid only drop used for that armor in place of the Skermish tickets and ascended shards (the time gate parts) plus the provisioner tokens which are just a time gated merchant for gold or items.

Also the raid Legendary armor skins can ONLY be obtained via upgrade/craft to legendary. Meanwhile, you can just buy all the wvw/pvp skins as skins and save ALLOT of gold to get all the skin sets. That may not seem big now but later you may find it does and then its too late and you are stuck cause the pvp/wvw legendary armor is not consistent with the raid stuff.

Can get some info here if you wana see what I mean. The thread starts out about an achivement, but that relates to differences in the armor sets, armory and how skins can be gotten. Its pretty messed up tbh. Anet should fix.

Thanks for this, but i dont have time to raid. Thats why i play pvp in burst and pieces at a time and its really fast and straightforward to get the legendary (not aiming for the animated skin).

So its more really of a which weight class would I get the most mileage of, so i can conc on that weight class and dont waste the effort.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, mizaru.1385 said:

Thanks for this, but i dont have time to raid. Thats why i play pvp in burst and pieces at a time and its really fast and straightforward to get the legendary (not aiming for the animated skin).

So its more really of a which weight class would I get the most mileage of, so i can conc on that weight class and dont waste the effort.

Cool. Then you are ontheright path it sounds like. Raids can be done in quick bursts, BUT thats once the person knows the encounters and all that so its probably not practical for everyone. Im glad pvp is working for yah.

My first legendary set was a light set I made of 3 pvp and 3 wvw armor pieces. I liked being able to do both modes of play interchangably sorta and then I was able make more progress per week when I had time. Again if you are limited on time that may not matter but its another way to get around the ascended shard/skermish ticket time gates, sort of.

Edited by Moradorin.6217

3 hours ago, mizaru.1385 said:

I'm ok in the gear dept. I have 30+ boxes of Warlords Armor Boxes from PVP, so i can stat select any prefix, but exotic only though.

Celestial has 7  stats with the same raw value in the minor stats  as in a 4 stat gear. This  means that an ascended staff in viper stats will have 215 points in power and condition damage and 118 points in precision and expertise, whereas trailblazer will have 215 points in thoughness and condition damage and 118 points in vitality and expertise; meanwhile celestial will have 118 points in each of the 7 stats, so has the same condition damage duration as viper or trailblazer but tons of boon duration. In damage, will outpace the dps trailblazer Mirage but be lower than the viper one, but in exchange will be way more tanky while retaining the same crit chance.

You can test a exotic version of this build (you can replace Nightmare rubes by Perplexity ones for similar results): 

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?PijAYZlRwiYVsEmJWyP9PNA-zRRYVRFPZEMFSmpaHVQIBlwHCBNFK8TFkHNgYaDA-e

From a solo point of view I think that that and the celestial Vindi are the strongest contenders, but Mirage has the advantage that for group instanced content Virtuoso is one of the best condi & power dps out there while retaining the ranged viability of the Mirage, whereas for instanced content Vindicator has to move to a way riskier power build (or Herald build) which are mele and very different from the facetanking condi Vindi.

In other words: condi Mirage is a powerhouse at soloing which deals big damage while being tanky due range and clones to distract the enemy, and when goes to instanced content Virtuoso loses the clones but still has tools to deliver huge damage at any range. Meanwhile condi Vindicator is a unstoppable solo mele machine a bit slower at killing but with uncany sustain, but with very low damage in teams. That in instanced content forces them to move to power builds which are decent but have terribad sustain (specially Vindicator, which needs to spam evades to buff his damage, so sometimes you can't dodge when you need it). That's funny due condi Vindi can solo things that power Vindi would die against while playing in a 5 or 10 players group...

3 hours ago, Moradorin.6217 said:

PvP legendary armors are cheaper and the Grandmaster Marks can be crafted to circunvent some of the time limitations, albeit the big advantage of this method is that there's no way to "fail" in PvP: even if you lose all your matches you still get a good chunck of progress every time which grants you the tokens needed to complete ascended/legendary gear in that game mode. Raids, on the other hand, can fail. That's why getting legendary gear there is popular: you need no one, and you're always getting progress.

2 hours ago, Buran.3796 said:

PvP legendary armors are cheaper and the Grandmaster Marks can be crafted to circunvent some of the time limitations, albeit the big advantage of this method is that there's no way to "fail" in PvP: even if you lose all your matches you still get a good chunck of progress every time which grants you the tokens needed to complete ascended/legendary gear in that game mode. Raids, on the other hand, can fail. That's why getting legendary gear there is popular: you need no one, and you're always getting progress.

I dont see much cost difference between the 3 other than wvw needing a more expensive tradable sv shards of glory, etc for Upgrade of the base armor. That said, I found the raid armor to be the quickest and cheapest to craft. The OP is doing pvp and is happy w that so its moot to the OP's topic. However, I stand by my statement that raid legendary is the simplest and cheapest to obtain. Especially, now that every boss gives the same type of insight which just improves the weekly drop rate even farther than when I did it.

Raid armor ends up being cheapest because you get the precursor. It saves an kitten of time too because thats less farming of ascended shards or WvW skermish tickets to make the base ascended you need to do the upgrades. So its far less time and gold.

The wvw took the longest and cost the most. The pvp was about the same cause each season you run into a limit on ascended shards per season, but the cap in wvw was the hardest time gate of them all and the materials cost the most.

Raid: precursor is free (1st set only) + ~250g to upgrade to legendary

PvP: Precursor is about 40g + ~250 to upgrade to legendary

WvW: Precursor is about 80g + about 350g to upgrade to legendary

I used a light chest item to determin those prices you can see it here:

https://gw2efficiency.com/crafting/calculator/a~1!b~1!c~0!d~1-67129;1-83036;1-80190;1-83729;1-81338

Note: IMO you need to remember to add the cost of crafting the Ascended pvp/wvw armor + the legendary upgrades. Meanwhile, you get a full of ascended for free from envoy 2. That is a GIANT savings.

Raid is BY FAR the cheapest first set of legendary armor

Edited by Moradorin.6217
  • Confused 2