Housing /building/ city

Balsa.3951

On 1/16/2023 at 9:45 AM, Balsa.3951 said:

I cant follow ur logic, hope u can. sorry for that.

To clarify Im not a Dev Yes thats what I said and thats right + I can only speak for myself, because Im only me and I have no insider information

Yup. And that's... Half of what you've said and what I brought up in the post you've just quoted ( "you're not a dev and you're not here to debate on details"). The other half was that you're not here to debate on details, which was in a response to someone pointing out why the idea is bad. Hopefully easier to follow now. 😄

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

I for one would like a house or apartment complex for my account with a Shower and a Toilet 

I for one am tired of having to hide in the bushes at certain times.

A shower would be nice to wash off all the undead and dragon gunk, swimming in some of the bodies of water around Tyria is not healthy, and the odor is not that pleasant.

Another service that needs to be provided is a Groomer for Charr it is very uncomfortable to have matted fur under one's armor. 

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Meaningful loot? Not gonna happen. ANet puts all cosmetic rewards in the gem store

That's not even true by a stretch. GW2 has a LOT of cosmetics that are in game. Some cosmetics like mount skins are only available via the gem store but the amount of armor skins and weapon skins that can be earned by playing the game is significant to say the least.

• Like 2

On 1/12/2023 at 9:05 PM, Balsa.3951 said:

Anet has a nice track record of not just implementing known game mechanics  (Mounts) but taking them to the next level.

My suggestion 

Instead of individual housing let players built a city.

Means players own real land in a shared map. Few sqm are free more can be bought with gems or rewarded with ap.

City layout streets are designed by anet perhaps. 

Fun thing on it would be to see a ever growing changing city, with different seasons and day night circle.

Player can design the layout of their home build walls.

The outside of the house anet can let players buy with gems, but need keep a matching city feel. 

Thanks for read maybe other have more ideas. 

Edit the city can function as Eye of the north Aborstone style 

Aion has exactly this. However it is based on server and limited, cos the map is X size and can only hold X amount of houses and mansions. So you need to pay fees to mantain and ppl fight to buy.

It is nice, but its a no value regarding gameplay and impact tbh.

5 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

That's not even true by a stretch. GW2 has a LOT of cosmetics that are in game. Some cosmetics like mount skins are only available via the gem store but the amount of armor skins and weapon skins that can be earned by playing the game is significant to say the least.

Yeah, if you’re brand new to the 10 year old low res armors available with core release, then sure

• Confused 5

2 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

I really don't see a new housing system fitting into GW2, to be honest. It would bring nothing to the table that we don't already have in the game. My guild hall is already fully utilized with furniture and what not, so personally I don't see the benefit of additional housing.

I understand your point. I just want to say that not everyone are in a guild, for whatever reason someone choose to not have one (maybe can't find the right one for their needs or something else).

In general, so I'm not talking directly to Ashantara now, I understand everyone has a view of what they like more and what are the priorities for them. Often opinions get strong behind the fact that the majority of players want what they want, and I understand, but that doesn't mean that if a minority could like something is automatically a "total waste" just because the majority doesn't like it.

I don't have a full opinion on housing yet, but when the topic of housing or rp and so on is reduced to "go play the sims" I don't understand (also because all could say something like this, if you want something in the combat system people could say go play tekken, if you want the story to be good people could say go play a single player game, or read a book and so on if we apply this logic). It's not a weird request after all in a mmoRPg. Not saying that everyone have to enjoy these things or saying "I don't care but it's ok for me ^^ ", just saying that there is nothing wrong if people asking for that things.

Anyway, there can be something in the middle, there could be something between having a super big housing system "that waste resources" and nothing.

Edited by Nymeria.1653
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, lezbefriends.7516 said:

Yeah, if you’re brand new to the 10 year old low res armors available with core release, then sure

I know you like to be a contrarian but the facts are that new skins are released with every expansion and most if not all LW seasons in game, so please, don't make a fool out of yourself. It's too easy disprove such comments, so why even make them?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I know you like to be a contrarian but the facts are that new skins are released with every expansion and most if not all LW seasons in game, so please, don't make a fool out of yourself. It's too easy disprove such comments, so why even make them?

Lol yeah, 1 set of good skins and the rest look purposely bland so that contrarily buy the contrasting gemstore glowing skins.

• Confused 3