Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Scorpion Wire should be a Warrior thing


gmmg.9210
 Share

Recommended Posts

Let's trade Throw Bolas for Scorpion Wire with the Thieves. I'm sure they'd prefer Bolas anyways since it would be better for pistol and rifle:D

 

Meanwhile Scorpion Wire could be used with offhand pistol on warrior to make an ability super similar to Roadhog from OW. Pull target and point blank shot, seems like it would work so well and be super fun. Even other specs could use it as a set up for cc, and an alternate route if you don't want to use Bull's Charge.

  • Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

For a class as heavily melee focused as warrior, it really lacks tools to force enemies into melee.
I would expect this class to have more pulls and taunts.

Chances of "trading" skills across classes is basically 0, but it would be really great to see a future elite spec utilizing these types of CC more.

  • Like 6
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I was ready to write a spellbreaker rework here, but I agree with what Grand Marshal.4098 said. They'll just tweak some numbers and call it a day. As much I hate how zenimax online monetizes their game but at least they are not too shy or lazy to do drastic changes to their combat from numbers to animations and functions. They only changed their dragonknight's pull 4 times in 5 years. added functions like "failed to pull, then pulls yourself to the target" kind of things. While this old topic is around since 2012 and nothing happened. I'll give them some credit. 

Edited by artharon.9276
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Imagine scorpion with an sb tether lol, would be so fun such a meme.

 

On 1/19/2023 at 10:56 AM, cyberzombie.7348 said:

We kinda already have that with pistol 2 but sure thing. 

Okay how about we just slightly make the cast time for throw bolas better and you give us scorpion with 3 ammo? 😄

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

What I wouldn't give for Bladetrail to be a pull...

 

Esp if they don't unroot hundred blades, they could at least give GS a way to set it up. YOINK-ing people into an arcing slice would be awesome too.

Throw Bolas gaining a flipover to pull, and Bladetrail pulling on the return path all need to happen.

I'd even put a pull on Throw Axe and Rip.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Throw Bolas gaining a flipover to pull, and Bladetrail pulling on the return path all need to happen.

I'd even put a pull on Throw Axe and Rip.

Throw Bolas is an ammo skill though (as is Throw Axe) which makes it unlikely to get a pull unlike Bladetrail or Rip. Of all those Rip needs the most help but if you put a pull on it most likely it would lose all damage.

Edited by Infusion.7149
Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Throw Bolas is an ammo skill though (as is Throw Axe) which makes it unlikely to get a pull unlike Bladetrail or Rip. Of all those Rip needs the most help but if you put a pull on it most likely it would lose all damage.

I don't disagree, but scorpion wire has 2 charges, so I guess it's possible 🤷‍♂️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

So you would give up the immob for a pull? Lan was asking for a flipover whereas Scorpion wire only pulls.

Oh for sure Id trade the immob for a pull. Most warrior specs/builds struggle with being kited, and being able to yank the enemy back to you would be huge. The immob would be nice too, but if you immob somebody at anything over short range, you have to combo with a movement skill to close the distance before the immob wears off and the opportunity slips away. A pull, on the other hand, would be sufficient in itself.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yeah, I'd give up an immob that never gets used by anyone ever for a pull that we would all use forever. The flip over idea stemmed from an old conversation on how to do it on warrior, you know because Anet will Anet it and make warrior go through hops to do it.

Swap Throw Bolas for Lasso.

Lasso: Throw out a lasso and pull your foe to you. Pulled Foes lose 2 boons. Range 1200. Pull 1200. Same damage scaling. No ammo, 20s CD.

I added the boon removal for why not reasons and from removing the ammo. If we had a pull on an ammo system people would complain.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, I'd give up an immob that never gets used by anyone ever for a pull that we would all use forever. The flip over idea stemmed from an old conversation on how to do it on warrior, you know because Anet will Anet it and make warrior go through hops to do it.

Swap Throw Bolas for Lasso.

Lasso: Throw out a lasso and pull your foe to you. Pulled Foes lose 2 boons. Range 1200. Pull 1200. Same damage scaling. No ammo, 20s CD.

I added the boon removal for why not reasons and from removing the ammo. If we had a pull on an ammo system people would complain.

Giving War some boon rip is interesting and would address two issues in one. With the extended range and boon removal may need a bit bigger cooldown, maybe more like 35. The adjustment would make me go back to my War toons and question what's on the utilities, even the group support one.

Without the boon removal and 900 range could see it stay at an ammo count skill with the 20 sec ammo reload. But yeah would be curious on their numbers on how often bolas does get slotted today. Edit: don't get me wrong the 1200 would be awesome.

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
Side-note
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...