Scorpion Wire should be a Warrior thing

gmmg.9210

10 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, I'd give up an immob that never gets used by anyone ever for a pull that we would all use forever. The flip over idea stemmed from an old conversation on how to do it on warrior, you know because Anet will Anet it and make warrior go through hops to do it....

Dude if warriors got a pull Anet will give it a 600 unit range.  I still can't stop lanughing at melee pistol.  Something something monkey paw.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

14 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Yeah, I'd give up an immob that never gets used by anyone ever for a pull that we would all use forever. The flip over idea stemmed from an old conversation on how to do it on warrior, you know because Anet will Anet it and make warrior go through hops to do it.

Swap Throw Bolas for Lasso.

Lasso: Throw out a lasso and pull your foe to you. Pulled Foes lose 2 boons. Range 1200. Pull 1200. Same damage scaling. No ammo, 20s CD.

I added the boon removal for why not reasons and from removing the ammo. If we had a pull on an ammo system people would complain.

I'd say ditch the Boon Removal, give it Reveal. Then give Magebane Boon Removal, and ditch the Reveal. 
(Now watch all the Thief mains start giving me 15 stack Confusion react)

2 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

I'd say ditch the Boon Removal, give it Reveal. Then give Magebane Boon Removal, and ditch the Reveal. 
(Now watch all the Thief mains start giving me 15 stack Confusion react)

Nah, what would be better for reveal would be to make OMM an AOE vuln and reveal application rather than relying on having a target for the effects.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Nah, what would be better for reveal would be to make OMM an AOE vuln and reveal application rather than relying on having a target for the effects.

OMM doesn't really stop Thieves from just running from you though, whereas a pull forces them back to you. The Thieves vs Warrior matchup is always down to how daring the Thief in question is because they hold all the engage and disengaging priority in the fight. 

Idea here is to give ALL Warrior the ability to counteract slippery enemies, instead of just Spellbreaker who arguably could focus and double down on Boon removal. 

Edited by Yasai.3549

The Soldier npc's that are in HoTM with the Lord and Casters have an ability that is litterally the Throw Bolas animation with a pullback on their animation as it returns. It's actually very strong and I could imagine this skill being reworked to do exactly that.

It wouldn't imob anymore but would pass through the target with some damage (maybe boon removal like you said) and on the return journey pull the opponent back. To be honest though this would still be an inferior version of Bull's Charge as players could easily out maneuver the return bolas due to the highly telegraphed slow animation.

I think your Lasso idea would be great. Just have the Throw Bolas animation that has a wire attached with a flip around skill to pull targets towards you. It could have a range limit just like Megabane, but instead of pulling targets (cuz people would flame if it also had 2 charges) it would strip an additional few boons and have a very small imob and/or cripple.  Actually this is litterally what Bladesworn needs I feel so bad that they didn't make this for the new EoD spec.

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

29 minutes ago, gmmg.9210 said:

The Soldier npc's that are in HoTM with the Lord and Casters have an ability that is litterally the Throw Bolas animation with a pullback on their animation as it returns. It's actually very strong and I could imagine this skill being reworked to do exactly that.

It wouldn't imob anymore but would pass through the target with some damage (maybe boon removal like you said) and on the return journey pull the opponent back. To be honest though this would still be an inferior version of Bull's Charge as players could easily out maneuver the return bolas due to the highly telegraphed slow animation.

I think your Lasso idea would be great. Just have the Throw Bolas animation that has a wire attached with a flip around skill to pull targets towards you. It could have a range limit just like Megabane, but instead of pulling targets (cuz people would flame if it also had 2 charges) it would strip an additional few boons and have a very small imob and/or cripple.  Actually this is litterally what Bladesworn needs I feel so bad that they didn't make this for the new EoD spec.

Yeah, the speed of the NPC bolas is way too slow. If it were as fast as spectral grasp or, well, scorpion wire, we'd be in business.

• Like 1

Joko does not approve.

Watching these sunspear dogs leap time and time and time again like grosshoppers  is one of the finer aspects of Joko's Gladiatorial games. It's not fun if they don't jump before they die! And Joko cares about good family fun for his subjects!

Seriously though - while warriors can be escaped from (putting them in disadvantage) it is already next to impossible to kite a warrior. Just scratching their rear end they proc resistance (so no cripples, immob, chills, weakness, blinds), they always got dashes on them (save mace warriors), and have good access to stability.

Rather than pulls they should have something that punishes or at least equalizes "hit and run scenarios". I would suggest a core war tether that heals and cleanses condies if enemy breaks it - so running away from war gives him the advantage when they come back from their "break".

• Confused 1

2 minutes ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

I've mentioned this for years but reliable ranged weapons would accomplish that. Imagine things like tremor, volley, or even dual arrows tracked properly with swift telegraphing.

"On My Mark!" Now places a mark on the target. Projectiles fired against a marked target have 300% increased projectile velocity.

serious/not serious

• Like 1

A little foray into wvw on my combat cabbage (sylvar warrior) did remind me painfully that i'm a necro main..
That also jogged my memory a little.

Some time ago i suggested adding a pull, but on offhand sword's rip skill. Just tie a bit of rope to the hilt, and once it's thrown and sticking out of enemy's gut give it a good ol' yank, pulling it (and the enemy) to yourself.

It would be a very nice completion to the offhand, giving it a non-mobile mobility option (can't dash, but can pull enemy to you).

• Like 1