"Power" weapons for engineer

DigitalExplorer.2309

22 minutes ago, DigitalExplorer.2309 said:

Hey guys. So, I'm considering to level up an engineer, and I normally aim for "power"-based builds, rather than the "condition"-type ones. Can you please tell me which weapons are considered "power" weapons for engineer?

Thank you in advance.

rifle for core.

sword for holosmith.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Rifle is the only core power weapon, though you do can use engineering kits that use the 1 to 5 ability slots, like bombs, grenades and tools. Once you reach level 80, all three of the elites gain a weapon that can be used as a power weapon. Hammer for scrapper, sword for holosmith and mace for mechanist.

• Thanks 2

21 hours ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

Rifle is the only core power weapon, though you do can use engineering kits that use the 1 to 5 ability slots, like bombs, grenades and tools. Once you reach level 80, all three of the elites gain a weapon that can be used as a power weapon. Hammer for scrapper, sword for holosmith and mace for mechanist.

Mech mace is more condi based, but can be used for power.

4 hours ago, Kuma.1503 said:

It always did. People just used rifle for the range. 

(Even though we have grenades for that, but I guess it's the lazy option)

You'd think so with the monstrously high coefs the mace has, but no, they have about the same DPS, and Rifle wins very slightly when placed in similar circumstances on top of not losing much uptime due to it being ranged. I'll take any excuse to use mace when clearing instances but it does worse across the board unless I want to crank that alac uptime to eleven.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, MrForz.1953 said:

You'd think so with the monstrously high coefs the mace has, but no, they have about the same DPS, and Rifle wins very slightly when placed in similar circumstances on top of not losing much uptime due to it being ranged. I'll take any excuse to use mace when clearing instances but it does worse across the board unless I want to crank that alac uptime to eleven.

You don't need as much boon duration if you run mace, and nades have you covered for ranged DPS.  Even with mace I don't have uptime issues in raids/strikes.

You can slot in some zerker pieces if you want to squeeze out more DPS. You lose some might/fury uptime, but those are easy to provide. 

If you don't drop boon duration, you have the added benefit of needing to use Crisis Zone less often for alac uptime, so you can use it more reactively. 

I use rifle if I need the immob, and in the few instances where the extra 300 range makes a difference. Otherwise mace is better. 

Edited by Kuma.1503
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 1/15/2023 at 4:57 PM, DigitalExplorer.2309 said:

Hey guys. So, I'm considering to level up an engineer, and I normally aim for "power"-based builds, rather than the "condition"-type ones. Can you please tell me which weapons are considered "power" weapons for engineer?

Thank you in advance.

Rifle would be the answer but it super unfun to use now and the auto make you feel like the game is lagging... so just pick whatever for stat and use grenade kit. At least till anet fix rifle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

9 hours ago, Stalima.5490 said:

base weapons: Rifle and shield

scrapper hammer

holo sword

Mechanist mace is good at everything but not outright amazing at anything

Kits: all of them... they all have at least one strong power component but not the pvp flamethrower

Calling shield a power weapon is a huge stretch. ^ ^'
It's a pure utility weapon, so it can get coupled with either playstyle (power, condi, support), but it's not really a power weapon.

Fair point about kits. One major problem I have with kits is that almost all of them have no clear identity. Instead of having a dedicated condition damage kit, a dedicated power damage kit, etc. we have kits which are all hybrids.

Having some hybrid kits is fine, but why all of them? I wish they would rework bomb kit into a dedicated power damage kit.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1