Suggest. Warehousing killproofs.

FD KIM.8293

Hello. I'm looking y for support. I started mastering pve-hight content. Faced with redundancy of KP items. 

I think that it would be very rational to add an additional tab to the resource store to store all such items, which are proof of victory over the boss.

I hope you will support me or the proposal is a more interesting solution, and Arenanet listen to 😃

Edited by FD KIM.8293
  • Like 5
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, FD KIM.8293 said:

Hello. I'm looking y for support. I started mastering pve-hight content. Faced with redundancy of KP items. 

I think that it would be very rational to add an additional tab to the resource store to store all such items, which are proof of victory over the boss.

I hope you will support me or the proposal is a more interesting solution, and Arenanet listen to 😃

You make a mistaken assumption here. Assumption being that Anet either intended or at the very least supports using those items as kill proof. Considering that they are decoration tokens, that the amount that drops from each boss kill is not constant but random, that they don't even drop if you aren't in a guild, and that their usage for KPs has always been clunky at best, i'd say that this assumption is most likely completely wrong.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 6

39 minutes ago, Astralporing.1957 said:

You make a mistaken assumption here. Assumption being that Anet either intended or at the very least supports using those items as kill proof. Considering that they are decoration tokens, that the amount that drops from each boss kill is not constant but random, that they don't even drop if you aren't in a guild, and that their usage for KPs has always been clunky at best, i'd say that this assumption is most likely completely wrong.

Thank you. I didn't think of it that way. You are right. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

1.) The items currently used as killproofs are not intended to be used that way and for raids they are fairly unreliable with the RNG drop component. Sometimes if you kill Deimos you get one fragment of Saul's burden, sometimes 5.

2.) I'm fine with ArenaNet adding official killproof counters to the game, but any official support for killproofs would be a sensitive and controversial subject because of the inherent advantages and disadvantages of a killproof system: I fully understand the want for experienced players to have a way to pug together with other proven experienced players to make quick clears and not willing to explain the same mechanics every week. On the other hand, when many commanders only allow proven experienced players in, inexperienced players will have increased difficulty to get into groups and gain raiding experience to get to that level. I don't know if ArenaNet wants to burn their hands on officially supporting a KP system.

3.) Official KP storage as you suggest is a but if a half-way solution between these.

For now you will have to buy an additional bank tab and register a killproof.me account.

I agree with everyone else. The items currently used as kill proof are not intended for that purpose, they're guild decoration tokens and don't need wallet space because the idea is you hand them over to a guild when you get them and then they're stored in the guild's treasury until a scribe uses them. I don't think Anet would want to encourage players to hold onto them instead of giving them to guilds.

If Anet wants to support some type of kill proof system for raids (and possibly other encounters) it would be better to create a dedicated system - one where you're guaranteed to get exactly 1 token/point/kitten/whatever per boss kill, can easily share it with the group and ideally one which can't be faked like item chat codes can.

• Thanks 2

"Kill proof" is a "system" invented by players.

If players want to use it, they ought to deal with the consequences (carrying the stuff around in their inventory).

Unless it's updating the EULA to make asking for kill proof an offense, Arenanet should not interact with that "system" at all.

• Like 6
  • Confused 2

Regardless if these items were intended as KP or not (they weren't), players use them. Players will find something in the game or over API and external sites that will serve them as KP. And that's reasonable to expect if you want to have some kind of group content that is not auto win. 

So they might as well accommodate some kind of account wide system because shuffling a bunch of items around is not fun. And in the end these are rewards we're hoarding in inventories.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Westenev.5289 said:

I mean, if they go down this route, they may as well make a /kp command. Like /kpvale or /kpvg would result in a chat emote like "*insert username here* has killed vale guardian xx times."

Because I honestly think "KP" belongs in a guildhall storage. xD

A good idea for once on this forum. 👍

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

They already have a system that can be used--repeatable achievements. In particular, the Drizzlewood Coast reward tracks that are modelled after the WvW tracks, which are a perfect design for a killproof system. Of course, it would be a bit exhausting to add one for every boss in the game, so it would have to be more generalised (e.g Wing7 KP), but it also means it could easily extend into other content like strike missions.

That said, in order for such a system to work, there has to be incentive to run no-KP parties or no one will ever get into an group again when they're just starting out. Currently there's no mentoring system implemented (an open-world apple tag doesn't count), which makes this a problem.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 3

18 minutes ago, mythical.6315 said:

How does one ping their achievements?

I meant that it would reward a physical item on every completion like the Mystic Clovers work on that . This eliminates the RNG factor, the "alternative" uses and so on, and allows you to keep track of exactly how many times you've completed it as well.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Confused 3

Can't you just make like ... some pre formatted code of the item to post in chat without even owning the item? 😄

https://ajmandourah.github.io/gw2proof/

As others said: These things probably never were meant as kill proof. Otherwise there would have been other more safe measures implemented. Chat codes can be used by anyone - not something against the rules to use them even if you do not own an item.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2

If Anet was to design a system for kill proof I think it would make more sense to start from what's actually needed, rather than trying to mimic what already exists. The only reason raiders currently use items which need to be stored in your inventory or bank is because that's the nearest they can get with the current options. The annoyance of needing space to store them is an unfortunate side-effect, not something that needs to be built into a new system.

Ultimately all raiders need is something they can put in chat to say how many times they've done that raid. I think what would work best is something like the /deaths and /age commands, but visible to everyone in the chat channel you put it into, or like a repeatable achievement which you can show to other players.

I was going to say maybe it could be built into the squad menu, like how the party menu shows AR in Fractals and squads show supply in WvW, but the problem is it would then probably only show inside the raid and a lot of squads currently get together outside the raid, so it would be annoying to have to go in to check it.

I'd rather they don't do anything with KP, keep it as it is now. I doubt they could introduce a system more convenient than the kp.me addon for arc (which esentially gives you a killproof table showing all registered/public kp.me users in your team). If they did introduce something better, I worry it would be monetised even more than the build/equipment templates.

18 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I meant that it would reward a physical item on every completion like the Mystic Clovers work on that . This eliminates the RNG factor, the "alternative" uses and so on, and allows you to keep track of exactly how many times you've completed it as well.

How this any different from existing items used for KP?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 1/18/2023 at 2:18 AM, Astralporing.1957 said:

Didn't Anet do an update that made it harder to fake legendary insight links? I think that was a glancing show of support.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Westenev.5289 said:

Didn't Anet do an update that made it harder to fake legendary insight links? I think that was a glancing show of support.

Well, no, they did not? The ability to use fake links remain unchanged. If it became harder for anyone to link LIs, it would be for the legit ones (because you cannot link from wallet).

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, The Boz.2038 said:

...by exactly the things the poster said?
Physical item, non-random amount, not a material or currency for anything else.

It is a physical item…

It being a random amount awarded doesn’t really matter all that much when the KP being requested by people is arbitrarily set. 

Legendary raid armor and ring can be pinged in place of LI. Decoration tokens only really valuable if the guild intends to craft the statue and generally you don’t make more than one. 

Adding a new item to act as KP really accomplishes nothing over what is currently being used. 

Edited by mythical.6315
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1