GW2RP website is gone.

Batel.9206

As per Enjin's notification that all Enjin websites will be shutting down as of April 30th, 2023, we will no longer have the GW2RP resource available. If you have pages on there that you'd like to save or transfer somehow, you'd best do so soon.

Edit: Well, 'tis the 30th, and GW2RP has been taken down. This thread has a few links to other posts with resources to help RP'ers connect even without the old website, as well as a link to some parts of the website that were archived through the wayback machine.

Edited by Batel.9206
RIP, GW2RP. You'll be missed.
  • Thanks 6

Well...sort of. I know TCRP [Tarnished Coast Roleplayers], LWRP [Living World Roleplay], and possibly the EU equivalent(s) of those guilds have Discords, but sadly many seem to have died from inactivity. Your best bet is to try and find them in-game and ask for their Discord link.

As far as websites, I personally don't know of any. The moderators of GW2RP are aware of this whole situation, and they've said that there is no current plan to migrate everything to another website. They're still in talks about it, so information may change.

On 1/18/2023 at 5:55 PM, Fenriah.1798 said:

https://discord.gg/tBYq2jd

^ GW2RP's Discord link

As far as I'm aware, this Discord server isn't maintained by the same team that's running GW2RP. Consequently, I'm not so sure it's correct to say this is the GW2RP Discord server since the team/staff behind it are not the same people. The server linked in the quote was originally advertised in this thread (removed the link due to the forum being defunct) , for reference's sake.

In regards to the overall topic, what I think will definitely help the GW2RP team in making a decision is seeing people actively engage with the topic and offer their thoughts on what they'd like to see. If no one responds, it's easy to think that people have just stopped caring - which they definitely haven't - so I strongly encourage discussion in the GW2RP thread on the topic (same as above!).

Edited by Shadeste.4935
  • Like 2

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Batel.9206 changed the title to GW2RP website is gone.

Parts of the GW2RP website are still available through wayback as people had been working on archiving the website. While the forum as was, is gone, many valuable discussions are still available. 

You may find what is backed up of the site through here (assuming it's allowed to post this link here)

Edited by Patientnr.4823
a word
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Patientnr.4823 said:

Parts of the GW2RP website are still available through wayback as people had been working on archiving the website. While the forum as was, is gone, many valuable discussions are still available. 

You may find what is backed up of the site through here (assuming it's allowed to post this link here)

Thank you so much for posting that!

• Like 1