Population drops

Foeclan.1698

5 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

So that means Mag has 4 map queues 24/7 now right? right?

🍿

Hell, TC is listed as high and I don't think we should be open at all.  If our pve'ers actually played wvw, WE could que every map 24 hours.  The metric they use and the system they use, is just making the population problem worse.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

I agree with the title. EU Jade Sea dead server. I'm tired of these empty french servers. Since the last relink it's dead and most of us are playing on our alt account. The relink is coming, it might be necessary to do a PURGE at the server level. Leave only one regional (FR and DE) server and delete the others lol. It would help a lot.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Ubi.4136 said:

If our pve'ers actually played wvw, WE could que every map 24 hours.

Yeah but they don't, that's why they don't get counted. Isn't there enough ppt guilds on tc anyways. Speaking of which, they ppt'd us into another week of blobgate and 6am SoS /yawn 🤷‍♂️

Oh I see anet boon blobbing with bg again, I'm shook.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

On 1/20/2023 at 3:59 PM, Cyninja.2954 said:

Actually, even with you omitting the activity discrepancies, 3 kills per minute per server on average is rather high or at least indicative of still a large amount of players participating (if one decides to look past the actual number and put it into context).

3 kills per minute per server is at least 6 players involved in interacting with each other (see you are right that one shouldn't add kills and deaths, but one has to double the players involved if you assume that it takes 1 player to kill another player, which is already not assuming multiple players interacting with each other because you can very well have 3 players kill 1 opposing player or so), on average, all the time, every minute per server (though it can be the same player interacting with each other over and over, which is why this number is indicative of activity and not individual players).

That's 81 kills, aka 162 players, interacting with each other every minute, for every minute of the 1,440 minutes per day, for every minute of the 10,080 minutes in the week. Continuously, all the time given your breakdown.

See you can break something down to make it look small from a numeric perspective, but once put into context you'll fast notice: it can be rather big.

For example: earning 1 dollar/euro per minute might not sound like a lot, but earning that for every single minute, of every single day, of every single week, of every single month, that would probably blow most people's wage by multitudes. Yet still, it "only" adds up to around 525,600 dollar/euro per year while that 1 dollar/euro per minute was such a small number.

That's why I said WvW isn't a dead mode but it doesn't sound as much as the 1.6M that was quoted.

What you're saying is sort of true but it's 3 kills per server on average. Just imagine how many kills happen in a big zerg fight that lasts maybe 5 minutes. And when you see that, how much time has to pass with virtually no kills to bring down the average to 3 kills per minute?

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

That's why I said WvW isn't a dead mode but it doesn't sound as much as the 1.6M that was quoted.

What you're saying is sort of true but it's 3 kills per server on average. Just imagine how many kills happen in a big zerg fight that lasts maybe 5 minutes. And when you see that, how much time has to pass with virtually no kills to bring down the average to 3 kills per minute?

Maybe those pro zerglings just arent killing as much as they think they're killing.

Again though your average number is skewed since those 50vs50 fights with the "fight commanders" and complete wipes will pretty much only occur during prime time - the rest of the time its often far smaller engagement sizes, looser clouds or completely loopsided fights where 50 people spend 5 minutes to kill a handful of roamers.

Sidenote: Too late today, but if you are curious you could always pull the total at 20:00 and 21:00 tomorrow for the EU servers and see the average over that hour. Maybe it's less than 3, maybe it's more I havent a clue. But I'm guessing more.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 2

12 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Again though your average number is skewed since those 50vs50 fights with the "fight commanders" and complete wipes will pretty much only occur during prime time - the rest of the time its often far smaller engagement sizes, looser clouds or completely loopsided fights where 50 people spend 5 minutes to kill a handful of roamers.

It's kind of ironic that your counter-argument is the argument I was making.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

It's kind of ironic that your counter-argument is the argument I was making.

It wasnt a counter-argument so much as it was further pointing out that yes, 23h vs 1h does in fact have alot of dead time - especially when 8 of those hours would be extra dead.

Btw, the current is almost 4 kills/min - with NA pulling down the average, the lazy bums. How much extra zerging do you need to bring up the average?

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

It wasnt a counter-argument so much as it was further pointing out that yes, 23h vs 1h does in fact have alot of dead time - especially when 8 of those hours would be extra dead.

Well I think that 1h vs 23h is a bit hyperbolic but in essence we do agree then. I'm just a bit more nuanced in what that means. What's also a thing is that the dead time doesn't happen on servers at the same time. I mean my server was promoted to tier 1 this week because we had the highest matchscore I suppose. But most of the time we were actually losing or in the middle. Just during the night time there were some skirmishes that we won so hard that we won the match overall with the worst KDR of the three.

4 hours ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

Btw, the current is almost 4 kills/min - with NA pulling down the average, the lazy bums. How much extra zerging do you need to bring up the average?

Well the calculation I made was for a whole week. I suspect people play more at the start of the week and then it tapers off. I mean my matchup (EU) is doing about double that when I calculated it earlier today, so we were doing an average of 6 kills per server. It was just mostly Deso (our Maguuma) So yeah, that's quite an average and somewhere other servers are losing out.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

What's also a thing is that the dead time doesn't happen on servers at the same time.

They happen pretty much at the same time. Well, for each region. The shape of the curves look very similar no matter the matchup. NA has a much less pronounced night time due to the wider 6h timezone difference, but you can still see the ups and downs in activity. In EU it almost flatline during the night on all worlds and it stretches all the way to midday before it slowly starts to pick up. 2h of primetime maybe has 10x the kills of 8h of nighttime, or somewhere around there. So granted, 1h vs 23h maybe is hyberbolic. 4h vs 20h is probably more accurate.

Edited by Dawdler.8521
  • Confused 1

With JQ, FA, and SI going down in relative population again, not only is Maguuma the only "full" server, but BG is now the only "very high" server left too.

Has this ever happened before? Has population imbalance ever been this bad? The failure of the metrics and the algorithm would be setting off alarm bells all over the place at a competent company... though a competent one probably wouldn't have let it get to this state in the first place.

• Like 2

BG still running queue blobs on multiple maps at night.

Hey Mag players, wanna report if you're stuck with 4 map queues at night?

5 minutes ago, Tryfan.1457 said:

With JQ, FA, and SI going down in relative population again, not only is Maguuma the only "full" server, but BG is now the only "very high" server left too.

Has this ever happened before? Has population imbalance ever been this bad? The failure of the metrics and the algorithm would be setting off alarm bells all over the place at a competent company... though a competent one probably wouldn't have let it get to this state in the first place.

Yes it has happened before.

sept-oct 2019

oct-nov 2019

• Like 1

In EU it is because of the unfairness of links. In NA there is as many links as there is hosts and why servers can not be treated unfairly as they do in EU where 3 host will be without a link and fall down to tier 5 every relink. There is zero fairness involved where all hosts would have to take the hit, instead a few servers will always be their target. And whilst this might work for a relink or two, after a few years of this this servers simply loose players. And mostly not  by moving off but they simply feel badly treated and leave the game and hope things will change. But it does not happen, and players who are not this servers seem to be totally unaware of how harsh it is to be on this servers and nearly alway play without links and Arena Net do not seem to be interested in fairness and also no comunication about it even though this servers been a target for years and asked for comunication to why their is no fairness involved for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Anyula.7213 said:

We have no fights in t2, prime time na too boring. Maybe help three links for each server. The people is not playing except weekends. 

It's a BG problem, they need to get their boon blob kittens back to T1 where they belong.

Plus it's relink week, no one cares. 🤷‍♂️

P.S Linking 3 servers just to get have people to play isn't going to solve anything lol, just more pug lemmings maybe, but there's a bigger issue with fighting blobs that no one wants to talk about or have anything done about, so enjoy your scraps rest of the week.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2

On 1/18/2023 at 1:10 PM, Alsandar.7420 said:

1) A lot of people transferred to Mag because they don’t want to fight Mag ever again.

So... when do they transfer off, because Mag is the most toxic server of them all.

On 1/20/2023 at 9:59 AM, Xenesis.6389 said:

So that means Mag has 4 map queues 24/7 now right? right?

No, their EBG queue probably just went up instead, because Mag doesn't know what a Borderland looks like. If you see a Mag player in a BL, it's someone from their link server.

Edited by Bristingr.5034
  • Like 2

On 1/20/2023 at 5:54 PM, Riba.3271 said:

Like the guy said, everything is relative to nr 1 server. Everyone here is QQing about Maguuma so I bet lot of their PvE/PvP players go bathe in the salt and their activity is sky high.

Mag has some good roamers and a ton of good responders. Now you can also translate that as zergling for those that respond but back off till they have more. You can get 1v1s, but you should expect 1v5s. If you beat a 1v1 a 1v3 is next followed by a 1v6. All roamers but some had already backed away till more showed. Its just most don't push them and find themselves outnumbered since they didn't. Mag's strength is more will respond. If the side they face doesn't attack and backpedals that will just encourage more responders. Most server have decided then to not to play, instead of lock them EBG and farm there elsewhere. Double-sided sword.

Note: As we have discussed the EU to NA issues seem to vary on a number of topics so please share what you see from that side and populations. 

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
EU Side
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

16 hours ago, Alsandar.7420 said:

I doubt so many of you play WvW seriously.

Mag doesn’t beat anyone ever.

Because Mag doesn’t fight. Mag runs.

That’s the epitome of the cloud and why it succeeds.

That’s 💯 why everyone tries to get out of tier 1.

Because all the other servers actually want to fight.

Their running strategy has net them 50% more kills than the next highest server in NA though

• Confused 3

35 minutes ago, Corabelle.3254 said:

Their running strategy has net them 50% more kills than the next highest server in NA though

Try adding up the total kills+deaths from each tier.

I got:
T1 169119
T2 126488
T3 129648
T4 156667

T1 and T4 NA are the most active.  T2 and T3 are filled with players who aren't really wanting fights.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I got:
T1 169119
T2 126488
T3 129648
T4 156667

T1 and T4 NA are the most active.  T2 and T3 are filled with players who aren't really wanting fights.

the 4 biggest ppt servers are in t2/t3 after all

looking at u, bg tc sos jq

• Confused 2

34 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

I got:
T1 169119
T2 126488
T3 129648
T4 156667

T1 is just plain filled with players. The only full server and (usually, though not at the moment) the only very high server. Reddit just posted the Maguuma reset queues: nearly 140 people for EBG, all other BGs were near 40. Did any t2 or t3 server queue all its maps on reset? I seriously doubt it unless BG did, since they are still chilling there.

More people equals more kills and deaths, that's pretty self evident I think.

As for t4, ViP is down there, so...

Edited by Tryfan.1457
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1