We need more emergency balance updates. Or at least communication

ZolracAtrox.2908

We know how current PvP meta is. With the scepter guy (and his healer alter-ego), hammer man, grenades dude and to a lesser extent the furry swordman. Although first 3 are the biggest problem right now. Everyone arguing why their classes are not OP, meanwhile non meta users are searching in a hole for a skill that maybe gonna shine for a moment. Then meta dudes will say "look, omg you have 2 blocks, almost the half as mine and you say that my class is broken". I know that there are more classes that deserve nerfs too; but this is not a "I call this thread to nerf xyz".

A big problem I see is having balancing-fix updates with huge intervals. I mean, is obvius that we can't get reworks nor huge nerfs out of balancing patches (imagine the chaos). But in scenarios like current one, a mini nerf to OP leaders should be healthy, more like emergency nerfs, nerfs that allow us have mo' fun playing this gamemode. Then in the real balance patch we can have reworks, more nerfs if required, buff to underperforming classes, etc. 

How much this pretty disgusting meta has been?, and we have no information if anet is gonna do something, no a single word from balancing team, not  necessarily saying what changes their have in mind, but saying that they're minimally aware of the current pvp status.

Just the last balancing patch lasted an eternity to be released. Bladesworn was ridiculous, and most of its opness source was a bug (so, we needed a bug fix more than a balance, and they lasted MONTHS).

I'm gonna be honest; I don't expect to all classes be META (by definition, that's impossible tho); even we can keep current META up, but at least don't have they too above.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ZolracAtrox.2908 said:

We know how current PvP meta is. With the scepter guy (and his healer alter-ego), hammer man, grenades dude and to a lesser extent the furry swordman. Although first 3 are the biggest problem right now. Everyone arguing why their classes are not OP, meanwhile non meta users are searching in a hole for a skill that maybe gonna shine for a moment. Then meta dudes will say "look, omg you have 2 blocks, almost the half as mine and you say that my class is broken". I know that there are more classes that deserve nerfs too; but this is not a "I call this thread to nerf xyz".

A big problem I see is having balancing-fix updates with huge intervals. I mean, is obvius that we can't get reworks nor huge nerfs out of balancing patches (imagine the chaos). But in scenarios like current one, a mini nerf to OP leaders should be healthy, more like emergency nerfs, nerfs that allow us have mo' fun playing this gamemode. Then in the real balance patch we can have reworks, more nerfs if required, buff to underperforming classes, etc. 

How much this pretty disgusting meta has been?, and we have no information if anet is gonna do something, no a single word from balancing team, not  necessarily saying what changes their have in mind, but saying that they're minimally aware of the current pvp status.

Just the last balancing patch lasted an eternity to be released. Bladesworn was ridiculous, and most of its opness source was a bug (so, we needed a bug fix more than a balance, and they lasted MONTHS).

I'm gonna be honest; I don't expect to all classes be META (by definition, that's impossible tho); even we can keep current META up, but at least don't have they too above.

Wait... are you saying you see grenade holo's more than tools ones without grenades?   Wow, I see very few grenade holos.   For instance I see far more rangers out there than Holos.   And of the Holos I see most of them are not grenade ones.

Also you don't even mention the recent chronology Mesmer increase or the continued Virtuoso blocking fun.   You N/A or EU and what's your rank?   I kinda want to know what your situation is to get a feeling for your perspective.

Edited by shion.2084

4 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

Wait... are you saying you see grenade holo's more than tools ones without grenades?   Wow, I see very few grenade holos.   For instance I see far more rangers out there than Holos.   And of the Holos I see most of them are not grenade ones.

Also you don't even mention the recent chronology Mesmer increase or the continued Virtuoso blocking fun.   You N/A or EU and what's your rank?   I kinda want to know what your situation is to get a feeling for your perspective.

Holosmith need huge nerfs on him; basic's damage, corona burst, shockwave cd increased, remove superspeed, and more heat on use; and even normal sword damage. I already said in other threats what classes are broken so i don't want to repeat, I agree with you about virtoso; but it's secondary; this threat is more about global balance, even if in 8 months the most OP class is core revenant.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

9 minutes ago, ZolracAtrox.2908 said:

Holosmith need huge nerfs on him; basic's damage, corona burst, shockwave cd increased, remove superspeed, and more heat on use; and even normal sword damage. I already said in other threats what classes are broken so i don't want to repeat, I agree with you about virtoso; but it's secondary; this threat is more about global balance, even if in 8 months the most OP class is core revenant.

But none of these things you mention are grenades.... wait Are you the None Hot Box Test guy????  He has similar logic.

8 minutes ago, shion.2084 said:

But none of these things you mention are grenades.... wait Are you the None Hot Box Test guy????  He has similar logic.

1- I've mentioned spec's skills due to unfair core nerfs. I mean; I always defended that logic. Only core should be nerf if there's no other way. When I mentioned nades guy was avoiding to mention the spec itself to prevent people being upset. I also say scepter boy; but I'd like mo' nerfs on the spec. I could wrote a list of specs that I consider broken (it even could have a mistake, why not?), but my main goal is to talk about balancing system.

2- Are you comparing me to the guy who says that Core Engineer, Berserker warrior and Scrapper are destroying PvP, seriously? only for not mention both builds of holosmith?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ZolracAtrox.2908 said:

1- I've mentioned spec's skills due to unfair core nerfs. I mean; I always defended that logic. Only core should be nerf if there's no other way. When I mentioned nades guy was avoiding to mention the spec itself to prevent people being upset. I also say scepter boy; but I'd like mo' nerfs on the spec. I could wrote a list of specs that I consider broken (it even could have a mistake, why not?), but my main goal is to talk about balancing system.

2- Are you comparing me to the guy who says that Core Engineer, Berserker warrior and Scrapper are destroying PvP, seriously? only for not mention both builds of holosmith?

Apologies,  his weird fascination with the supposedly massive hoard of grenade holos is what threw me.   He can't seem to get his head around that the type of holo he actually wants to setup as a straw man would be the tools holo... which ironically seldom uses nades.   So your association of nades with problematic holos seemed indicative of his line of thinking.  Most folks these days would complain about the combo of static discharge being applied on someone who'd been slick shoed, shield stunned, holo 5vd, and holo elete'd.    You don't even need nades once you set that up on someone, and the spot you have for nades is better spent on your defensive utility while you setup your multiple stuns.

• Thanks 1

I think cata Nerf is probably not easily do able With only tweaking Numbers, If you do it by that it will be either to strong or either to weak.

Hammer war got a Shadow nerf by adding a 1/4 icd to the stability traitline, i See that the icd will probably be increased With the next Balance patch/fix

• Like 1