[All Game Modes] - Bug Fixes, QoL Changes, Skill Tweaks, and Trait Reworks.

SleepyBat.9034

Bug Fixes

[Tools] Mechanized Deployment - [ WvW / PvP ] - This trait only reduces the cooldown of Mechanist command skills in PvE but not in WvW or PvP.

[Shield] Magnetic Shield - [ WvW / PvP ] - For some reason, this skill does not reflect Harbinger shroud skill auto attack while other reflects do.

[Firearms] Chemical Rounds - [All Gamemodes] - This trait doesn't increase the duration of the conditions applied by Static Shot by the correct amount.

Quality of Life Changes

[Inventions] Cleansing Synergy - [All Gamemodes] - The radius of this trait is 240 but every other support-related trait in Inventions is 360. Additionally, while A.E.D. is equipped, Cleansing Synergy should not activate on use but after the final heal.

[Inventions] Reconstruction Enclosure - [All Gamemodes] - While A.E.D is equipped, this trait should trigger after the final healing instead of on activation.

[Tools] Reactive Lenses - [All Gamemodes] - While A.E.D is equipped, this trait should trigger after the final heal instead of on activation.

[Inventions] Auto Defense Bomb Dispenser - [All Gamemodes] - Remove the fuse time on this trait.

[Holosmith] - [All Gamemodes] - Add heat mechanics to other weapons.

Skills

[Turrets] - [All Gamemodes] - All utility turrets are in need of a general overhaul.

[Elixirs] Elixir R - [All Gamemodes] - Cast time and after-cast should be near instant to enable reactionary gameplay.

[Elixirs] Elixir u - [PvP] - Restore full duration of stability.

[Gadgets] - A.E.D. - [All Gamemodes] - Reduced cast time to 1/4 second to enable reactionary gameplay.

[Gyros] - Stealth Gyro - [WvW] - Rework or Cooldown reduction.

[Kits] - Toolkit - [All Gamemodes] - Reduce cast time on Box of Nails to 1/2 second.

Traits

[Inventions] Automated Medical Response - [All Gamemodes] - Needs a rework.

[Inventions] Bunker Down - [All Gamemodes] - Needs a rework.

[Inventions] Experimental Turrets - [All Gamemodes] - Might need a rework.

[Alchemy] HGH - [All Gamemodes] - All Elixir skills cooldown reduction made baseline.

[Scrapper] Damage Dampener - Needs a rework.

[Holosmith] - Crystal Configuration: Eclipse - [All Gamemodes] - Grant 1 stack of Stability for 2 seconds on hit.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 4

• SleepyBat.9034 changed the title to [All Game Modes] - Bug Fixes, QoL Changes, Skill Tweaks, and Trait Reworks.

Bug Fixes

[Mechanist] Energizing Slam (Mace 2) In the description, it inflicted 3 stacks of vulnerability and 3 confusion. But it actually causes 2 vulnerability stacks and 2 confusions in pvp/wvw

[Holosmith] Prismatic Converter and Solar Focusing Lens are triggered only after using f5, if you deactivate Photon Forge when using swap kit, the traits will not work

Edited by Limbo.4087
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jaruselka.5943 said:

Please replace Grappling Line with something useful

Which skill is that? I don't recognize it.

Wait downstate? No that skill is fine, you use it to pull wicks into your Booby Trap and Interrupt Stomps.

Edited by SleepyBat.9034

Bug Fixes

[Pistol] Fragmentation Shot - Finally fix the casting time and aftercast of this skill to actually match what the tooltip says.

Skills

[Elixirs] Elixir X - We moved away from elixirs giving random effects. Change elixir x from giving one of two different transformations of other classes and rework it to give us our own transformation which is guaranteed. My go to would be that we transform into a big ooze.

[Pistol] Poison Dart Volley - Speed up the cast time (1 1/4s).Maybe add piercing to it.

[Gadgets] Slick Shoes - Make the knockdown pulse on defiance bars in PvE again. If guardians are allowed to have sanctuary to nuke break bars in PvE, then I don't see why slick shoes shouldn't be allowed to considering that dealing break bar damage is ALL it does.

[Gadgets] Detection Pulse - Grant 6 seconds of fury to up to 5 allies in the radius. Currently, if your enemy doesn't stealth (like 99% of all enemies in PvE), this skill is literally "1/2s cast time, do nothing".

[Kits] Big Ol' Bomb - Give this skill 2,0 power coefficient in PvP. One of the highest telegraphed skills in the game (huge delay, big object placed for indication, red ring, etc), yet they removed all damage from it because it is a CC. The "all CC skills deal no damage" paradigm got given up again with damage given back to warrior hammer and PLB, so we can give this skill it's damage back, too.

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 7
  • Confused 2

On 1/22/2023 at 10:41 PM, Kodama.6453 said:

Bug Fixes

[Pistol] Fragmentation Shot - Finally fix the casting time and aftercast of this skill to actually match what the tooltip says.

Skills

[Elixirs] Elixir X - We moved away from elixirs giving random effects. Change elixir x from giving one of two different transformations of other classes and rework it to give us our own transformation which is guaranteed. My go to would be that we transform into a big ooze.

[Pistol] Poison Dart Volley - Speed up the cast time (1 1/4s) and remove the random cone spread of the skill entirely. Maybe add piercing to it.

[Gadgets] Slick Shoes - Make the knockdown pulse on defiance bars in PvE again. If guardians are allowed to have sanctuary to nuke break bars in PvE, then I don't see why slick shoes shouldn't be allowed to considering that dealing break bar damage is ALL it does.

[Gadgets] Detection Pulse - Grant 6 seconds of fury to up to 5 allies in the radius. Currently, if your enemy doesn't stealth (like 99% of all enemies in PvE), this skill is literally "1/2s cast time, do nothing".

[Kits] Big Ol' Bomb - Give this skill 2,0 power coefficient in PvP. One of the highest telegraphed skills in the game (huge delay, big object placed for indication, red ring, etc), yet they removed all damage from it because it is a CC. The "all CC skills deal no damage" paradigm got given up again with damage given back to warrior hammer and PLB, so we can give this skill it's damage back, too.

I definitely think bomb kit could use some buffs considering how awkward it is to use in competitive game-modes. Perhaps reduced fuse time or longer durations would be enough.

Also you can probably strike out the pistol changes now that they've been implemented.

• Like 1

Trait Rework

[Tools] Streamlined Kits - Needs an update, make the cooldowns for the effects separate per kit similar to evasive arcana. Would also like to see the icd dropped to 10s as well, but at this point, separate cooldowns per kit would be a major improvement.

In general, would also like to see an additional trait that would benefit kit swapping. Right now there are only two traits in the game that impact engineering kits, and one of them (Backpack Regenerator) promotes camping a kit. 

Engineer was supposed to be that jack-of-all-trades class pulling out the right tool for the right situation, but it feels like each successive elite spec has walked the class back from that. I think getting some meaningful reworks/QoL to kit swapping, and rewarding play that uses 3+ kits in a build would be something nice for core engineer without excessively buffing elite specs.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I strongly agree with any changes that reward/support frequently swapping kits - This is the core identity of the Engineer.

A 20 second CD trait that doesn't have separate CDs for individual kits is just too unpredictable and is frankly useless. 

Edit: I'd like to see some changes to kit skills so that Grenades are not the only viable damage kit. For example:

Bomb Kit - Add trait to reduce fuse time and/or increase bomb aoe (I'd put this instead of Glass Cannon).

Flamethrower - Increase strike damage on #2 Flame Blast (pre-patch). - Add 1sec Smoke Field to #5 Smoke Vent. Change Juggernaut trait so that it doesn't promote camping the kit (e.g. boon proc on kit equip, rather than after 3 seconds - same ICD).

Really good thread, thank you for doing this.

- Prozap

Edited by UntimelyM.7860
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• 3 months later...

So I know this is an old post by this point, but what about stuff with mechanist and Inventions, like Reconstruction Enclosure and Cleansing Pulse minor traits in Inventions not working with mechanist medkit because you don't have access to the toolbelt skill to heal? I could see it being tied to the first mech command in that instance instead, or maybe to Medkit's 4th ability since either are roughly the same cooldown as Bandage Self +/- a second or two?. If they already work this way, with the mech command triggering it, there's no indication. Pretty sure they're able to alter how some traits function based on which elite spec you have equipped, since they did that with Aim-Assisted Rocket + Spark Revolver to make the rocket the mech fires way less often at one point, so I could see them doing similar with those two Inventions traits + medkit while using mechanist.

Edited by Icefyer.9208
  • Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 6:24 PM, SleepyBat.9034 said:

[Shield] Magnetic Shield - [ WvW / PvP ] - For some reason, this skill does not reflect Harbinger shroud skill auto attack while other reflects do.

How?! Like literally how does this happen??? The game's code must be such an absolute garbage, I wouldn't be surprised they can't rework turrets coz the game stability depends on them for some reason.

• Like 1