Trophies, diary/book pages, map parts filled my bank & inventories. How do I know what to dispose safely?

I pre-ordered EoD once it was announced, but at release my excitement to play GW2 disappeared after seeing the amount of stuff I have in my inventories and bank. It's something I forgot about, but I ad trouble with it in previous expansions and it only got worse. I checked the internet for a vendor trash guide or something similar but I couldn't find one.

These are all items from the I found/got as reward in previous expansions and vanilla game. My bank slots expansions are maxed so I assume I should be ok, but it's hard to enjoy the game if my inventories are almost full.

- Most of the items are lots and lots of trophies.

- Some are items needed in quests that I completed years ago.

- Then there are various incomplete diary/book pages.

- Enchanted map parts, and completed maps that don't even work if i doubleclick.

- (incomplete) Achievement items, such as spoons.

Why doesn't a quest item (for example an item to lure certain mobs) simply disappear after completing the quest? It makes me doubt if I should throw it away or not.

And an item like memories of Vlast, that enables you to listen to Vlast's final message. Is it gone if I throw it away or can I get it again (without creating a new toon and start all over)?

There's so many items in my inventories and bank that I don't know what to do with it lost track how to enjoy EoD without constant inventory management.

What's considered trash can be sold to any vendor by using the "Sell Junk" option in the Vendor Sell window. Nothing to worry about there.

As for everything else that doesn't specifically have "This item only has value as part of a Collection [...]" in the item's description, consult the GW2 Wiki to see if (a) it can be disposed of safely and (b) it can be re-acquired after disposal through other means.

Books that display actual text are often only flavor text and can be disposed of if you don't like to keep them, but most (if not all) of them cannot be acquired a second time.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

Use "sell junk" oftenly to ditch lots of garbage the game will spam to you. Check any orange and yellow items you get to see if they are valuable in the black lion market, and if the value is low salvage them to get ectos, runes/sigils and unlock the skins. Sell everything you get unless you're actively using them to a specific goal (as crafting an object). As for the dragonite, empyreal fragments and bloodstone dust, just stack at most ~1k units of each if you plan to craft some ascended gear, you can ditch everything else.

The 5 bag slots x character avaliable to any character from a paid account and the few bank slots is MORE THAN ENOUGH to maneage every item the game throws to you. You should either sell, salvage or convert to sell every item you get, and manually ditch the few annoying ones you can't sell and have no interest to transform in other things (to sell).

You should use (at most) 1 or 2 bags x character to carry alternative weapons, armors, runes, consumables, etc.  The rest is space to temporaly carry loot for a few hours of gameplay, then sell/salvage and start again.The end goal is running in full legendary gear, and there's no reason to spent money in extra bags in inventory or in the bank.

The "need to carry all" and "fear of losing" are just psychological tricks, and having 12 bag slots with 32 spaces each wouldn't solve your problem. Take a look at how Mighty Teapot and Mukluk have their mains oftenly filled with garbage, whereas Mela has his inventory slots almost entirely empty. That's the way to go: the important (valuable) things in the game are the in your shared currency bag and outside of that very few PvE/PvP/WvW tokens have real value and should be stacked for future use.

Free your mind.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

If there's ever an item you're not sure about you can check the Wiki, that will tell you what you can do with it.

Most of the trophies can either be sold to vendors or deleted. They'll either be junk (which for some reason is labelled as 'trophy' if they have grey text or they'll be items which are only used for a specific heart or event and if you're ever doing it again you'll be able to get more of them in that area.

Items for collections and other things can probably be deleted, but it might be worth checking them on the Wiki in case they have another use.

If they're the interactive books which you can double-click to read you might want to keep them because they provide some additional lore and info, and I think there's achievements for completing some of them. But it's up to you, I have an entire bank tab full of those books plus a few more and I don't think I've got all of them, so they do take up a lot of space and they don't have any purpose other than being readable.

Check what the books actually are though because there's a few equipment pieces with book icons, including ascended backpacks. You might not want to keep those either but it would be a shame to delete something you could use or salvage just because of the icon.

The Enchanted Map can only be used once per account, but for some reason the fragments keep dropping after that. You can just sell them to vendors.

Most achievement items can just be sold or deleted, but again check then Wiki first and check if they're also equipment pieces because then you might want to use or salvage them.

(Topics like this make me wish there was a legal, safe way to sort through stuff on other people's accounts. I bet I could sort out all your stuff in a few minutes, but without seeing exactly what you've got there's no way to do that.)

• Like 1