Can we stop the cc spamming? (warriors)

Peter.3901

52 minutes ago, bethekey.8314 said:

Was this analysis posted somewhere before? Where are these claims coming from? Seems complicated.

Are you talking about the entirety of each class? Just meta specs? Factoring in duration of CC, cooldown, traits, hard vs soft CC etc?

Buried in a thread somewhere from me. It's just a tally of all hard CCs from each class not modulated by duration or CD. That would be a great spreadsheet to make though. I think looking at it in terms of breakbar damage/CD along with the CC count would be the easiest way to roll it up.

2 hours ago, ZolracAtrox.2908 said:

This is the 3rd time that I read the "ppl just don't dodge" as argument haha; first one was on a cata nerf thread; and second one in an holo xD  And  I lost count of how many times I got called frustrated against X class.

Warrior is overperforming due to lots of cc, low effort damage, lots of endurance, a skill that was made for punish attacking people but actually punish in AoE.  But ok, let's ignore that last fact. It's caused by a synergi? Yeah.  Should it still be nerfed? pretty sure.

And this is like the bajillionth time I've seen big whining because something people used to face roll claps them and call it OP, low effort, etc.  Let me break down your claims in bolded.

-Lots of endurance only comes from the side of a Strength Warrior specs, because of 'Might Makes Right" and 15 endurance on burst skill hit. Strength Spb which does not have a lot of sustain and loses in battles of attrition if fights go on long enough. Survivability comes from using the dodges appropriately, landing  burst skills, and being aggressive to gain might which is only done in melee Because of Forceful Greatsword/weapon swap/MBT.

Defense has staying power because of adrenal health and survivability tools, but barely has any additional endurance generation  compared to Strength unless you're opting for last stand builds for vigor access which means taking multiple stances. 

-Low effort damage, everything for warrior's damage is melee or telegraphed. You wanna know what's low effort damage? Ranged, and instant cast abilities.  

-Full Counter- If you wanna point out punishing people, it punishes people in melee range of the SPB since it's a PBAOE that needs to be struck to get the counter attack portion. It gets countered by blinds, stability, and even dodging as it has a animation itself. So are you in support of having it only punishing attacking sources during the animation including people at a long range? I'd actually like that idea better since people like to spam AoEs on top of melee combatants anyways. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

On 1/22/2023 at 12:25 AM, Peter.3901 said:

Like, seriously, i got that its because warriors "cant land a hit", but cmon Anet, this doesn't mean that my character need to be in the ground every kitten second until he kills me, and i'm not just saying about spellbreaker, even berserker is doing that kitten now.

Otherwise, give shortbow perma cc too, 60% of the time the damage is "obstructed" or "out of range".

The problem is the developers don't want to understand the problem.

We have a lot of CC in-game this hasn't something to do with the warrior specific .

Tempest has shock-aura with mass cc, horn 3 ,"Aftershock", the earth golem 

Guardian has greatsword and as Firebrand book 1 the 3 , Hammer of Wisdom,Blazing Edge(bit buggy/hard to use)

(just a small part of the list)

Basically the access to aoe cc was always huge in this game because of this core guardian played a major role since the start of the game in sPvP and WvW . When they nerfed first Firebrand and the core guardian into ground everything got broken.

They tried to fix it with nerfing the dmg and duration from cc but they were already low so it doesn't mattered so much.

Because the golden rule in PvP is CC is more important then damage only when you start healing you target with cc people would stop using it.

This stuff comes only up because after the they nerfed everything around feb 2020 a lot of good players left and now people rediscover this with: OOOhhh you can do this you can actually perma cc you enemies when your teamplay is good

The reason why the developers done this is because of conflicting visions for the game . They wanted to make everything equal like it was in vanilla but roles developed because not even in  vanilla everything was equal and with it the importance of certain builds.

This is because this is an MMORPG and in an MMORPG you have rolls with this it translate into PvP too. Trying to unwind this can only end into disaster . We had this discussion countless times and the devs never reacted to it and still insisted on their course.

I also doubt even they do now nothing get be done the are a lot of signs the game ended into rough waters.

• Thanks 2

50 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Kool. Its a good than that instant teleport spikes aren't a thing at the moment.

A true Chadzerker is a master of battlefield positioning. That's why you give teleporters a double Gunflame enema before they use their cowardly tactics. And then when they go down, you walk calmly threw the chaos of battle, feed them a couple of nuts, then put them down with one final shot like Ol' Yeller. BOOYA!

5 hours ago, Lord of the Fire.6870 said:

The problem is the developers don't want to understand the problem.

We have a lot of CC in-game this hasn't something to do with the warrior specific .

Tempest has shock-aura with mass cc, horn 3 ,"Aftershock", the earth golem 

Guardian has greatsword and as Firebrand book 1 the 3 , Hammer of Wisdom,Blazing Edge(bit buggy/hard to use)

(just a small part of the list)

Basically the access to aoe cc was always huge in this game because of this core guardian played a major role since the start of the game in sPvP and WvW . When they nerfed first Firebrand and the core guardian into ground everything got broken.

They tried to fix it with nerfing the dmg and duration from cc but they were already low so it doesn't mattered so much.

Because the golden rule in PvP is CC is more important then damage only when you start healing you target with cc people would stop using it.

This stuff comes only up because after the they nerfed everything around feb 2020 a lot of good players left and now people rediscover this with: OOOhhh you can do this you can actually perma cc you enemies when your teamplay is good

The reason why the developers done this is because of conflicting visions for the game . They wanted to make everything equal like it was in vanilla but roles developed because not even in  vanilla everything was equal and with it the importance of certain builds.

This is because this is an MMORPG and in an MMORPG you have rolls with this it translate into PvP too. Trying to unwind this can only end into disaster . We had this discussion countless times and the devs never reacted to it and still insisted on their course.

I also doubt even they do now nothing get be done the are a lot of signs the game ended into rough waters.

U are a troll and classes are not designed for pvp - some are either broken or unplayable. Are you suggesting different skillsets in each game mode?

• Confused 1

12 hours ago, Filip.7463 said:

U are a troll and classes are not designed for pvp - some are either broken or unplayable. Are you suggesting different skillsets in each game mode?

Different skillsets was what they did for Gw1 and we are more then half through with it in Gw2 already but this isn't what I meant.

Sure each point what I said has more too it but what let you think that I'm a troll?

On 1/24/2023 at 8:53 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

Please note that literally nobody here with a grievance about the CC is offering any solution that:

• A.) alleviates the frustration of getting repeatedly stunlocked by a hammer warrior
  • B.) also makes warrior interactions with their class fair and rewarding for the warrior landing any skill.

If I am wrong, please correct me by offering a solution as to what you would like warrior to do instead, that makes it worth playing warrior. It sounds like people are just specifically mad about getting stunlocked, without any consideration given to how they managed to get there, how the warrior managed to put them there, and what combat route if any, they'd like the warrior to take that would result in fairly winning the engagement if played well.

If you all just want warrior to lose to you, say it, or propose something else.

Don't allow me to use instant cast skills while im under the effect of CC. I seriously don't understand why people don't mention instant cast skill when they talk about countering CC in this game. 

Less CC, less thing to counter it. 

PS the main reason warrior stuns me is here Game updates/2015-06-23: Movement-speed adjustments no longer affect the intended travel distance of leap skills.

Edited by pierwola.9602

13 hours ago, pierwola.9602 said:

Don't allow me to use instant cast skills while im under the effect of CC. I seriously don't understand why people don't mention instant cast skill when they talk about countering CC in this game. 

Less CC, less thing to counter it. 

. Think about that though.

People would -hate- it. Imagine a mesmer getting stunned and not being able to distortion/shatter/etc. Or a a thief not being able to steal. or an ele not being able to lightning flash. Or a necro not being able to enter into shroud. Most stunbreaks are instant cast, too. That single change would make the game so much less interactive than just expecting people to do better with their stunbreaks and positioning so they don't get hammerbonked.

Why? Explain. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

On 1/28/2023 at 11:59 PM, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

. Think about that though.

People would -hate- it. Imagine a mesmer getting stunned and not being able to distortion/shatter/etc. Or a a thief not being able to steal. or an ele not being able to lightning flash. Or a necro not being able to enter into shroud. Most stunbreaks are instant cast, too. That single change would make the game so much less interactive than just expecting people to do better with their stunbreaks and positioning so they don't get hammerbonked.

Why? Explain.

I'm the necromancer

And i know exactly what this change means for me and others profession. But if that means less CC's in the game then, i'm ok with that. 

Why?  Because i can "perma" cripple, chill you, but i can't stop you from closing the gap between us or from escaping me. Gw2 logic. 

Edited by pierwola.9602

It doesn't matter how many CC skills each class has. The point is how much CC skill you can have in the ONE build. Warriors can cover most of their skills with CC skills.(especially Spellbreaker > full counter + too many CCs + survival + easy control = OP) 

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

3 minutes ago, ZenMa.3976 said:

It doesn't matter how many CC skills each class has. The point is how much CC skill you can have in the ONE build. Warriors can cover most of their skills with CC skills.(especially Spellbreaker > full counter + too many CCs + survival + easy control = OP) 

what skills are the warriors covering with CC?

• Like 1
  • Confused 1