What to do with 1000 laurels?

hihey.1075

I have been playing very rarely in the last 4 years, but I still log-in daily and get my daily chest. 

As such, I have accumulated nearly 1000 laurels (currently 983, but I have a monthly chest yet to open). 

Here's the question: what can I do with these? Grab a legendary? Turn them in for gold? Get cool skins? How would you use them?

• Haha 2

There's several major uses if you're already bought everything interesting:

- The XP boosters, for use in WvW as they increase reward track rate (you want them on you 24/7).

- The gathering booster, combined with bountiful gathering tools from the karma merchant, used for farming nodes.

- The trophy bags, used to making gold or crafting legendary equipment.

You're currently just sitting on 400+ gold.

Take a look here: https://fast.farming-community.eu/conversions/laurel

You may want to check the other currencies there, too, as well as use GW2Efficiency to check the value of your bank and material storage. You may be able to get something really nice.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Thanks 2

35 minutes ago, Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Get +5 WvW infusions for all the builds on each of your toons.  

This is the best suggestion, but also requires Badges of Honor, which the OP might not have.

5 hours ago, hihey.1075 said:

Here's the question: what can I do with these?

You could buy ascended trinkets with them, at least those with core stats:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Laurel_Merchant#Ascended_Gear

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

11 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

This is the best suggestion, but also requires Badges of Honor, which the OP might not have.

If the op doesn't do wvw at all then the regular laurel vendor has +4 ones. And don't forget the enrichments for amulets.

11 hours ago, Ashantara.8731 said:

You could buy ascended trinkets with them, at least those with core stats:
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Laurel_Merchant#Ascended_Gear

I think this should be way down the list of options though. Ascended trinkets you can get in LW3 and 4 a-plenty and they're stat-selectable. It just requires farming the map currencies.

It's better to spend laurels on t4 or t6 mats to use for creating legendaries or to sell on the tp.

• Like 1

You've invested a fair amount of time acquiring a nice pile and while there are many ways to get some of the things mentioned, and certainly even more ways to get gold, unless you are desperate for something that cashing out Laurels gets you, I would just hang on to them.. you don't know what the game will bring down the line or what your desires/needs may be in the future.

• Like 2

I also reached 1k laurels some time ago. I started buying boxes of legendary shards and try to make Exordium. I already built the first two weapons and I have nearly 150 shards in my inventory so Exordium doesn't need that long anymore. When I have 198, I'll craft the remaining two by myself and I am done 🙂

Looking at the crafting costs per shard, the laurels keep my mat storage and my mind in a peaceful state xD

• Thanks 1