What are your hopes for the LW6 ?

rylien.3824

Personally I hope they will start a system close to LW5, but with complete maps (unless the narrative need requires it).

I would hope for a qualitative level like with the prologue, but I don't believe in it as much, even if End of Dragons was not that terrible, I dare to hope for real efforts for the "renewal" of the license.

I would imagine 2-3 Canthien raids or Strikes like during the Prologue which included a small map, with an intermediate difficulty scale.
(There is Urgoz in the depths of Zu Heltzer's Cathedral, there is Kanaxai in the depths of the Jade Sea to the North, they can also transform the Raisu Palace as such!).
I'm looking forward to them finally adding the Largos capital in the depths, along with the Chambers of Tetyos).  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Largos

We also have the Empire of the Winds (Tengus), I would like a Strike in the wizard's flying castle in Kryta

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Tower

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Isgarren

I would like the addition of a Canthian WvW and PvP map.

I would hope for a system with more than 6 episodes, like a Saga, we could call it "Odyssey" or according to a more local term in Asia. 14 Episodes, possibly with a Hybrid system of LW5 and LW4/3.

I hope for content, and a real revival from LW6, because otherwise, they put a definitive bullet in the foot with their expansion 4.

I would love a map in Southern Cantha with the portal of the mists that will lead Humanity to Tyria, as well as where they come from, and a map to show us the changes in Elona. (Especially since I would very much like to have a map in the Sulfur Desert as well). 🤨 

Personally, if the Drowned Kaineng is transformed into a Raid (with the Raisu Palace), it would suit me completely, it would save us 1 extra map.

I hope that we will also find magnificent cutscenes like in HOT/LW3/PoF. (example the explosion of the Blood Stone), The isles of Janthir would also be good to go there.*

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Isles_of_Janthir

I would really like them to make an effort now that they no longer have the excuse of dragons, in order to also update the old maps (like those of PoF) or LW3, to restore interest to these maps in the mechanism of vents (and bounties), with a real rebalancing of classes and visual overhauls for certain spells (like the wells of the chrono, the celestial orb of the elementalist, etc...). Let them prove to us that they really want to bring back the veterans of the game, those who have known Guild Wars 1, and who also want something new, new, and qualitative. I would even like in the future, they give us and finish the narration (spoiled) of the Norns with their homeland and the nature spirits, I would also like to talk about the depths and Quora Sum the city of origin of the Asura, or even to shed light on the subject of the Charr, including the native land of the Ash Legion. Maybe even talk about the "Guild Wars", the Gods... (and their old deities which was canceled in Utopia, with Arachnia etc...). In terms of map I imagine at least the South of the Echovald forest (accessible via the Jade Sea to the south, there is a door), the South of the Jade Sea, something new, potentially safe if transformed into "Raid or Strike", the ruins of Kaineng, the capital of the largos, the Empire of the Winds, etc...
For the western area (the mountain) of Shing Jea I would see more of a strike. 🙂

@ArenaNet Team.4819

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Like 5
  • Confused 2

4 hours ago, rylien.3824 said:

Personally I hope they will start a system close to LW5, but with complete maps (unless the narrative need requires it).

I would hope for a qualitative level like with the prologue, but I don't believe in it as much, even if End of Dragons was not that terrible, I dare to hope for real efforts for the "renewal" of the license.

I would imagine 2-3 Canthien raids or Strikes like during the Prologue which included a small map, with an intermediate difficulty scale.
(There is Urgoz in the depths of Zu Heltzer's Cathedral, there is Kanaxai in the depths of the Jade Sea to the North, they can also transform the Raisu Palace as such!).
I'm looking forward to them finally adding the Largos capital in the depths, along with the Chambers of Tetyos).  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Largos

We also have the Empire of the Winds (Tengus), I would like a Strike in the wizard's flying castle in Kryta

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wizard's_Tower

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Isgarren

I would like the addition of a Canthian WvW and PvP map.

I would hope for a system with more than 6 episodes, like a Saga, we could call it "Odyssey" or according to a more local term in Asia. 14 Episodes, possibly with a Hybrid system of LW5 and LW4/3.

I hope for content, and a real revival from LW6, because otherwise, they put a definitive bullet in the foot with their expansion 4.

I would love a map in Southern Cantha with the portal of the mists that will lead Humanity to Tyria, as well as where they come from, and a map to show us the changes in Elona. (Especially since I would very much like to have a map in the Sulfur Desert as well). 🤨 

Personally, if the Drowned Kaineng is transformed into a Raid (with the Raisu Palace), it would suit me completely, it would save us 1 extra map.

I hope that we will also find magnificent cutscenes like in HOT/LW3/PoF. (example the explosion of the Blood Stone), The isles of Janthir would also be good to go there.*

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Isles_of_Janthir

I would really like them to make an effort now that they no longer have the excuse of dragons, in order to also update the old maps (like those of PoF) or LW3, to restore interest to these maps in the mechanism of vents (and bounties), with a real rebalancing of classes and visual overhauls for certain spells (like the wells of the chrono, the celestial orb of the elementalist, etc...). Let them prove to us that they really want to bring back the veterans of the game, those who have known Guild Wars 1, and who also want something new, new, and qualitative. I would even like in the future, they give us and finish the narration (spoiled) of the Norns with their homeland and the nature spirits, I would also like to talk about the depths and Quora Sum the city of origin of the Asura, or even to shed light on the subject of the Charr, including the native land of the Ash Legion. Maybe even talk about the "Guild Wars", the Gods... (and their old deities which was canceled in Utopia, with Arachnia etc...). In terms of map I imagine at least the South of the Echovald forest (accessible via the Jade Sea to the south, there is a door), the South of the Jade Sea, something new, potentially safe if transformed into "Raid or Strike", the ruins of Kaineng, the capital of the largos, the Empire of the Winds, etc...
For the western area (the mountain) of Shing Jea I would see more of a strike. 🙂

@ArenaNet Team.4819

You weaved a beautifull vision over there. I am with you bro, and hope that any and all of this ideas will come true at one point or another.

• Like 1

With them already having announced - for the far future - that there'll be another expansion ... I can't see them NOT making another season. I mean: Would mean a lot of time without content if they just released a single map and then nothing. And constantly releasing single maps ... and no story - also would feel weird.

+ the maps probably are the bigger effort. More likely - should they try to cut down on development work/budget: Something like season 2. (Recycling older maps to use them for story stuff while slowly expanding on a new map.) I would not be against this. The way season 2's story was told was the best imo.

Even though people like that season less. Cause of less new released maps and gear and stuff.

Edited by Luthan.5236

3 hours ago, Luthan.5236 said:

With them already having announced - for the far future - that there'll be another expansion ... I can't see them NOT making another season. I mean: Would mean a lot of time without content if they just released a single map and then nothing. And constantly releasing single maps ... and no story - also would feel weird.

+ the maps probably are the bigger effort. More likely - should they try to cut down on development work/budget: Something like season 2. (Recycling older maps to use them for story stuff while slowly expanding on a new map.) I would not be against this. The way season 2's story was told was the best imo.

Even though people like that season less. Cause of less new released maps and gear and stuff.

I don't agree, after a while had to have 1 year after End of Dragons, recycled content, nothing new, I estimate that for a game they must give us: New. Content that we didn't have in End of Dragons. Otherwise we might as well stop the development of the game at this train, so I hope we will have something, now it's up to them to organize themselves and distribute the tasks fairly, the LW5 system was not so bad as that (before its severe fall), even though I found the card small, and too short, if they make this quality version LW3/LW4  (Provided they don't repeat what they did to Istan, I still have trouble digesting the fact of having access to only 1.5% of the island...).
I'm not "against" recycling as long as it remains qualitative, (although I would have preferred new), Echovald is recycled with Maguuma's sets, but that's fine, we might have been able to have better, but it represents well Echovald "unpetrified" in my eyes, although I would have liked it to be closer to that of the Artworks (the depths, etc ...), technically there are some efforts that have been made , despite Shing Jea's color flaws, and despite the fact that... New Kaineng is a very messy city, full of recycling. (I've seen some Tarir City assets lately in the city... seriously, what's that doing there...).

If we focus on human politics, the creature of the deep (Largos city please!), and primarily the return of the Gods (and those they replaced), there is a huge possibility, nothing short of multi-racial to integrate, the Jotuns for example (and their land of origin? with that of the Norns since they once lived in harmony in the Far North) and had "different" with the gods, Isles of Janthir too, etc.. .
Maybe even Torment or maps in the mists. 😆

I would like something "Lovecraftian", I had so loved the atmosphere of Bjora Marches with the cold and the murmurs, what a pity !

The Divinity's Reach Catacombs is also a place I would have liked to see in a Strike.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Skull_Plaza

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Tomb_of_Blimm

It might also be time to give Logan the Magdaer sword that Eir had found (in the catacombs) and give it to reforge.
https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Magdaer 🙁

There's also the Wyld Hunt  of our Sylvari commander, which we don't even talk about at the end, had a dream anyway where they had to annihilate the ancestral dragons, it's chosen done now... 

Edited by rylien.3824

New Kaineng has a lot of pipes. As far as I have noticed, we cannot enter a single one. I honestly expect a massive labyrinth of pipes below the city. Maybe even a city of Kappa or another lower race. 

An undewater-map, long term community request, could also be an option. Revisiting the blown up Yong Reactor with a salvage and recovery team. Maybe after it was attacked by Kappa/Naga we have to reclaim it and get it back online. When it does, we attract a massive worldboss that was absorbing energy from the fallout and rested deep in the sea.

Further exploration of the Jade Sea would be also interesting. They gave a hint that there is more, but currently push us back if we dare to move there. I did not play Gw1, so I do not know what is supposed to be there. 

And then of course the usual suspects, the areas in the Canthan map that have unique names already and rather detailed blurred maps. Like Drowned Kaineng and Kirin Peak and the area in the bottom-right corner of Dragons End, which already has a map-wall indicator. 

I'm starting to think there won't be an LWS6. They always start in January, and the devs have only ever mentioned a "a Canthan zone". I didn't want to believe it, but maybe they've dumped Living World for expansions, which isn't going to work because each expansion has only been good due to its cooresponding LW season fleshing it out.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

I'm starting to think there won't be an LWS6. They always start in January, and the devs have only ever mentioned a "a Canthan zone". I didn't want to believe it, but maybe they've dumped Living World for expansions, which isn't going to work because each expansion has only been good due to its cooresponding LW season fleshing it out.

Indeed in the writings they were developed not said "Living World 6" but "Content of End of Dragons". Have maybe just had an off year with two-three Strikes, 1 fractal at best and still... I hope not, because if that's the case I'm leaving the game, it's useless. It would be putting a bullet in the foot, so I'm crossing my fingers for a quality Living World 6, and with a real plan for the future for the license AND the Guild Wars 2 game while respecting Guild Wars and its lore.

• Like 1

"Alliances when" memes.
GW Factions (Cantha) brought us guild alliances, the Deep and Urgoz Warren. There was also alliance battles, Jade Quarry, Fort Aspenwood, a moving territory map (Luxon and Kurzick border), etc. Fort Aspenwood exists in GW2 only as a research facility, Jade Quarry still exists on Dragon's End as a quarry.

Personally, I'm not particularly in a hurry to have expansion 4, I would prefer that they take 1 or even 2 years longer than expected to release it, and that in the meantime we are offered living seasons of quality, content, and a remake/overhaul of what was negative on Guild Wars 2. (Events of certain maps, to restore interest to these, rewards, the McM (I would like them to put the system back to Up our characters at the edge as before HoT, it would always give him a better interest, strikes or "dungeons" modified, they said that the mounts were technically impossible and yet they have the aces, that they always call it strikes I m don't care, as long as it's a map, with lore, "paths", exploration etc... with bosses, like dungeons, it was much more attractive, like Arah or even the first strike in the prologue which was quite nice)

ArenaNet really needs to be honest with its community, and people will understand. I prefer to wait and have quality rather than relive an LW4 in pieces (gandara I experienced it very badly haha), or an LW5 bis. (Because the Icebrood Saga system wasn't particularly bad, it was just aborted... on the other hand, with slightly bigger maps, and above all more content, and rewards, that would be better.) .
I hope all of this will help them to do things really well if they don't want to end up bankrupt. 

There's also the Obsidian map (WvW's jumping puzzle) which is completely abandoned... (there was even a hidden arena which was fun there). 

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Obsidian_Sanctum_(zone)

Edited by rylien.3824

I suspect the reason for more expansions is that they make more money than an LW that is released for free to active players.  The one thing the LW do is keep people playing, which then hopefully means they buy stuff off the gem store.  But there is probably some debate about how often they have to do that - some players can finish an episode in just a few days (except for any time gated material), so even on a new LW every 2 months, there is a lot of time people do not have no content - if there was a new LW every 6 months, would that drastically change things?  Not sure.

2 hours ago, Solvar.7953 said:

I suspect the reason for more expansions is that they make more money than an LW that is released for free to active players.  The one thing the LW do is keep people playing, which then hopefully means they buy stuff off the gem store.  But there is probably some debate about how often they have to do that - some players can finish an episode in just a few days (except for any time gated material), so even on a new LW every 2 months, there is a lot of time people do not have no content - if there was a new LW every 6 months, would that drastically change things?  Not sure.

The big problem is, this game was already light on content with the Living World seasons. It may seem to be a massive MMO that's full of content, but overall it receives less content than all the other major MMOs. This isn't just due to lack of new releases--its also due to the devs' resistance at going back and fixing, overhauling or improving things.

Quality of Life is considered by many players to be content because it makes playing existing content better. Instead, existing systems get abandoned and then they waste alot of time and resources making new systems to replace the systems they didn't want to fix, then when those systems are broken they make new systems to replace those too.

Instanced content especially is like a tower of disaster at this point. Even the story is getting pretty bad, with the original Personal Story receiving no quality of life in many years and IBS: Champions still unaddressed.

If they were going back and doing these things instead of new Living World, that would be fine.

But they're not.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

10 hours ago, Reig.8173 said:

Marjory dying,
Civil war cause theres no more Soo-won to give energy to Kaineng (jade batteries),
no more Aurene,
Zhaitan is still alive underwater,
Utopia.

What menace can be worst than a Void that "eat" everything?

You really think Majory and Kas will still be with us they are happily married now so most likely quit adventuring.

Looking at

• How Anet did LWS3, LWS4, and IBS
  • How they used LWS4 to expand on Elona after PoF
  • Comments they've made about expanding LWS6 maps over time

I could see LWS6 going something like this

• 3 releases set in Old Kaineng. The general story of these releases would be dealing with the Risen, and the Purists, who are attempting to agitate the Risen into attacking New Kaineng as part of their plan to take over
  • 3 releases set in the Battle Isles. The story of these releases would be dealing with the Deep Sea Monster, closing out that mystery
  • The season would have an over arcing story of trying to solve Cantha's power issue, and this, combined with the events above, would lead to a revelation/discovery that leads us into expansion 4, which I suspect will be about the Gods/Mists.
On 1/21/2023 at 9:07 PM, rylien.3824 said:

I would even like in the future, they give us and finish the narration (spoiled) of the Norns with their homeland and the nature spirits,

The narrative of the Norn, their homeland, and the spirits, is finished. It was finished before Champions even began.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Sajuuk Khar.1509 said:

The narrative of the Norn, their homeland, and the spirits, is finished. It was finished before Champions even began.

I think this is something player miss: Nearly all of Norn lore was covered in Bjora Marches, with a little more covered in Drizzlewood Coast for completeness. We get pretty much everything we could possibly get out of the Norn storyline in IceBrood Saga-the site of the battle with Jormag, the truth about Aegsir, the revelation about what happened to the other spirits, the conclusion of the Drakkar and Svanir storylines, the fulfillment of the Fang of the Serpent legacy, and so on.

I don't know why people think there's more to Norn lore than we've been shown. They're not a complex race, they never had big cities, even their spirits aren't gods and are shown to be kind of simple-minded themselves.

The only thing more we could've learned about is the Norn's relation to their Kodan; how they evolved, and in particular how they ended up looking like Humans instead of Kodan. Even the Sylvari don't mimic Humans as much as Norn do, and there has to be a lore reason why.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

The only thing more we could've learned about is the Norn's relation to their Kodan; how they evolved, and in particular how they ended up looking like Humans instead of Kodan. Even the Sylvari don't mimic Humans as much as Norn do, and there has to be a lore reason why.

Assuming they did even actually come from Kodan. Several Kodan in the village in Bjora dismiss the idea as nonsense.

I don't know why people think there's more to Norn lore than we've been shown. They're not a complex race, they never had big cities, even their spirits aren't gods and are shown to be kind of simple-minded themselves.

People have a tendency to sit on ideas they personally like, and invent increasingly larger/more complex storylines in regards to how those things should be dealt with, only to be disappointed when the actual narrative doesn't do it because it was never that big in the first place.

Its not even just a GW2 issue, its an issue in any series.

Edited by Sajuuk Khar.1509
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

We can have more norn lore in the future but not now. Actually is finish yes

"S6" will finish cantha and lay the foundations for the fourth expansion.

Now what? I don't know. Arena Net can go in several ways. You have to wait for the first episodes to get an idea of where they want to go.

Without sounding too negative, after the disaster that was EoD, any forthcoming content (I remain sceptical about an LS6) I go in without expectations or hopes. I admittedly got quite excited about EoD, but it was clear from the first map that things were not right.

If I was to hope, it would be a return to the better days (core-PoF); with strong, organic map design; great events and lots of activities. Story mode I am no longer invested in seeing the waste of the Dragon plot post PoF. All about the open world now for me. If they can get back to great open world content again, that’ll do me.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

23 hours ago, Kalythsu.8350 said:

We can have more norn lore in the future but not now. Actually is finish yes

"S6" will finish cantha and lay the foundations for the fourth expansion.

Now what? I don't know. Arena Net can go in several ways. You have to wait for the first episodes to get an idea of where they want to go.

(Hi Kalythsu, It's been a long time ! 🙂)

Given the announcement, and that's what I feared, we'll have to wait a while... several months I would say. They postpone the deadline, it's not ready yet. Well, part of me always thinks it's to tell us good things, unfortunately they've been telling us that so many times that I don't have so much confidence anymore. We will see, I would say that the announcement will not be made before Febrary-March, and the release of the first episode June/July, the time they install the first novelties (The WvW with the alliances, etc...) and that they deploy the information to us to save time.

I'm disappointed that they still take so long, but at least they warned us, that's already it.
Besides, there is also the SAB which will soon be released, all the more reason to believe in close dates, certainly not before this summer, ie 1 year and a half with almost nothing new.

Surely no LW6 before this summer, provided you have an LW6, because even that is not safe I repeat 😞

Edited by rylien.3824
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, rylien.3824 said:

(Hi Kalythsu, It's been a long time ! 🙂)

Given the announcement, and that's what I feared, we'll have to wait a while... several months I would say. They postpone the deadline, it's not ready yet. Well, part of me always thinks it's to tell us good things, unfortunately they've been telling us that so many times that I don't have so much confidence anymore. We will see, I would say that the announcement will not be made before Febrary-March, and the release of the first episode June/July, the time they install the first novelties (The WvW with the alliances, etc...) and that they deploy the information to us to save time.

I'm disappointed that they still take so long, but at least they warned us, that's already it.
Besides, there is also the SAB which will soon be released, all the more reason to believe in close dates, certainly not before this summer, ie 1 year and a half with almost nothing new.

Surely no LW6 before this summer, provided you have an LW6, because even that is not safe I repeat 😞

Aint sab in the begining of april so over 2 months away that is not soon.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1