Invulnerability should have some restrictions in PVP

Peter.3901

I don't see the point of being immortal the entire fight while at the same time being a good dps, invulnerability should have a really short duration for the convenience that is currently, or then a higher cooldown.

Every day i see mesmers, warrios and elementalists just spamming invulnerability as much as they want, and still, doing a great damage, where is the balancing here? why do some classes need to pay attention to do the same job of other that just can be played blindly?

Edit:

I see some players negating the fact just to not get their easy train nerfed, but it's about time to nerf this kind of stuff, but again, isn't right for a single person to block 5 players attacks with no drawback, don't matter what.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Warrior has endure pain, which doesn't cover condi; you take no dmg from strikes. Its 4 seconds on a 40 sec CD. You can take another 4 seconds of it whenever you use your elite skill, which is at best another 40 sec CD (and this locks your elite to signet of rage, which is still pretty meh).

What  invuln on war are you talking about?

Even mesmer is not invln that much anymore.

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Peter.3901 said:

I don't see the point of being immortal the entire fight while at the same time being a good dps, invulnerability should have a really short duration for the convenience that is currently, or then a higher cooldown.

Every day i see mesmers and warrios just spamming invulnerability as much as they want, and still, doing a great damage, where is the balancing here? why do some classes need to pay attention to do the same job of other that just can be played blindly?

There has only one class cannot spamming invulnerability/block, that's necro.

if everyone can do that, it's balance.

Edited by freakcoco.4287
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7

40 minutes ago, freakcoco.4287 said:

There has only one class cannot spamming invulnerability/block, that's necro.

if everyone can do that, it's balance.

Nice, so tell me how my condi druid can spam invul like mesmer or warrior does, i really want to know.

• Confused 2

18 minutes ago, Peter.3901 said:

Nice, so tell me how my condi druid can spam invul like mesmer or warrior does, i really want to know.

Not that you should do this, but you could take signet of stone.  It's basically the same as endure pain is, but 1s less duration.  

Could also take gs over staff if you really want a long duration block.  

Surprised you haven't mentioned catalyst here as it literally is the only thing that should be giving you trouble outside an excellently played spellbreaker (and even then you'll stalemate) or like a 1vX situation.  

• Thanks 3

Warrior has endure pain and then defy pain, both on 60 secs cd, and then shield with 5 thats 3 secs block on 25 secs cd. The most popular builds dont use any of those skills, condi spellbreaker can use defy pain, or maybe you talking about full counter which a blocking bubble that will explode when you attack

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

Every day i see mesmers and warrios just spamming invulnerability as much as they want, and still, doing a great damage, where is the balancing here? why do some classes need to pay attention to do the same job of other that just can be played blindly?

Look. You have to learn to keep an eye on your opponents utility use. If it's endure pain or aegis or distortion.

You'll never overcome these issues if you don't play the classes you find difficult to beat. 

As you've indicated it's not a even playing field. Let go of the expectation that you'll beat every class. There are some hard counters.

A virtuoso is going to kick your butt period.

A well played warrior is prob going to kick your butt too.

In regards to your post about CC and warriors this is a skill issue on your part. You have to get better, learn to save your dodges and get a better idea of skills and cooldowns.

I appreciate your frustration and I've been in the same situation myself.

You can do this 👍

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Telgum.6071 said:

Unless I'm missing something here Warrior doesn't have a single invulnerability source. He just has two skills that negate direct damage. Don't compare it with the shitshow that is playing against Virtuoso.

Correct. Warrior has zero invulns. The closest he gets is endure pain and defiant stance. Endure pain is only power damage protection, but lifesteal, condi, and cc all still work.

Defiant turns all damage into healing, but cc still works. It’s also not a viable skill for war due to the cooldown and how easy it is to just not attack therefore negating the warrior’s sustain. Mending is the heal of choice.

• Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, Peter.3901 said:

I see, but still, isn't right when a virtuoso can dance in front of everyone while spamming invulnerability, don't matter what, this shouldn't be a thing.

HELP I CANT DO DPS.

Can you tell with what does it SPAM it?

Wanna try playing mes without f4 and signet trait?

Edited by Filip.7463
  • Confused 3

2 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

I see, but still, isn't right when a virtuoso can dance in front of everyone while spamming invulnerability, don't matter what, this shouldn't be a thing.

They can't spam invulnerability. Distortion has cooldowns. 

When I'm fighting a Virtuoso on Spellbreaker I watch for distortion and aegis. If the Virtuoso is running Inspiration traitline keep up pressure and bait signet use and stun breaks.

This game is not about what's fair.

It's about how you adapt. I like playing druid too but it's certainly not optimal in PvP.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, FoxGoesFloof.8049 said:

They can't spam invulnerability. Distortion has cooldowns. 

When I'm fighting a Virtuoso on Spellbreaker I watch for distortion and aegis. If the Virtuoso is running Inspiration traitline keep up pressure and bait signet use and stun breaks.

This game is not about what's fair.

It's about how you adapt. I like playing druid too but it's certainly not optimal in PvP.

Fine, so lets nerf all those invulnerabilities and let those characters adapt like everyone else does.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/22/2023 at 9:51 PM, Peter.3901 said:

I mean, virtuoso can spam way too many invuln frames. But the class is in a miserable state, and you know that.

• Confused 1

16 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

Still, i believe that invuln should have some restrictions, the time is too long and it is easy to access.

Invuln does have a restriction, you lose point capture, this is on (as far as I know) all true invulns in the game.
Other defences that have a specific counter all count to point capture. A discussion can be had about the opportunity/cost of the counter but still they have a counter.

On 1/23/2023 at 2:06 AM, Peter.3901 said:

Fine, so lets nerf all those bunker/ bruiser and let those characters adapt like everyone else does.

Agree.

Bunker builds, no matter what class and no matter if bunker/bruiser because of braindead active defense spam or facetank abilities, should not exist in the way they do. Does not matter if it is current defense sb, inspiration virtuoso, bunker ele, old perma dodge vindi etc. Playing those kind of noobcarry stuff and then asking for ppl with skillful builds to adapt to noobcarry stuff is very hypocrite. L2p so you can play something less noobcarry and all will have more fun. Don't wait for anet bringing out good and skill-based balance. It will not happen, grow balls and skill and play something that needs some brain. Easy. 

Edited by melcor.1094
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1