Option to mute The Dreamer, or even change the FX sound?

Peter.3901

Hello, i really want to get The Dreamer, but the sound is just annoying, and i saw that a lot of players already asked this but i'm here to ask again, can we get an option to turn the sound into a normal bow or even have a 2.0 version of it without the annoying loud horse noise?

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

Ok. Well you won’t get any direct changes to the sound because that will upset those who have it and like it. They also won’t make an alternative version. I’m pretty safe at saying that as Anet aren’t fans of alternative versions of legendaries. That opens up precedents.

You can always skin over it to lose the sounds. You will lose the look as well of course, but not the functionality.

What you are better off asking is for an additional filter to the unique sounds option that only affects legendaries or weapons in general and not other sounds.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peter.3901 said:

Yup but affect other stuffs too :c

Have you tried turning on just the option to mute your own projectiles? It might not affect anything you're using or want to hear.

I've been using the Dreamer as the main weapon on my main character for years now and I think I've just gotten used to it, but based on how people describe various sound effects (and real-life experience with other people's computers and TVs) I suspect I have the volume a lot lower than most people would. Also I often have to play with it turned off completely because there's too much other noise in the room already, so it's not like I'm hearing it all the time even when I'm playing that character. But it's weirder to me when someone else is using the Dreamer, especially if I'm not even playing my ranger at the time, seeing unicorns flying around when I'm not firing them is weird for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Danikat.8537 said:

Have you tried turning on just the option to mute your own projectiles? It might not affect anything you're using or want to hear.

I've been using the Dreamer as the main weapon on my main character for years now and I think I've just gotten used to it, but based on how people describe various sound effects (and real-life experience with other people's computers and TVs) I suspect I have the volume a lot lower than most people would. Also I often have to play with it turned off completely because there's too much other noise in the room already, so it's not like I'm hearing it all the time even when I'm playing that character. But it's weirder to me when someone else is using the Dreamer, especially if I'm not even playing my ranger at the time, seeing unicorns flying around when I'm not firing them is weird for me.

You're right, i'm trying that.

I want to join the pony party, or maybe just look for another weapon.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Tiamat.8254 said:

If you change the skin of the dreamer does this stop the sound?

Yes, it's just like re-skinning any other item, the appearence and effects are a single thing, you either have all of them or none of them.

1 hour ago, Galmac.4680 said:

I would pay some gems to mute especially the dreamer of other players!

You can already do that using the options mention in this thread: in the sound menu there's an option to mute other players unique item sounds and you can choose all of them or just projectiles.

• Thanks 1

I'm kind of curious about whether anyone likes the sound the Dreamer makes.

I love the weapon as a whole (mainly the projectiles) but it's more in spite of the sound than because of it. I don't hate it and don't have it muted unless I've got the entire game muted, but I wouldn't object if it was changed.

I can't remember seeing anyone say they like it, but I wonder if they just keep quiet because some of the people who don't like it can get carried away with sharing that opinion so it's probably safer not to say anything if you disagree. (No I don't mean people in this thread.)

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

I'm kind of curious about whether anyone likes the sound the Dreamer makes.

I love the weapon as a whole (mainly the projectiles) but it's more in spite of the sound than because of it. I don't hate it and don't have it muted unless I've got the entire game muted, but I wouldn't object if it was changed.

I can't remember seeing anyone say they like it, but I wonder if they just keep quiet because some of the people who don't like it can get carried away with sharing that opinion so it's probably safer not to say anything if you disagree. (No I don't mean people in this thread.)

I don't remember hearing it in ages. Probably just a matter of dilution with more legendary generations available now on top of the fact that this is an old skin so some people might have just gotten tired of it. There is also the fact that transmuting a legendary is free.