Hero points challenges

For expansion hero point challenges I wish there was a way to do them alone. Is not that i complain there people always to help u but sometimes u just want to try the challenges alone with out help and there are no option to do that. It would be really cool with a option so only u can fight them maby in a private instance or something.

Edited by Nightcore.5621
  • Like 2
  • Confused 12

Every single hero challenge can be soloed.

Now some, especially HoT, are a tad more difficult, but the vast majority of the rest can be soloed.

General rule of thumb:

1.) If it's a channel, you can solo it (even the Balthazar one, though that one falls into the "difficult" category) most often rather easily

2. If it's against a veteran npc, you can solo it with basic open world builds and minimal understanding of game mechanics

3. If you are up against a champion, you can solo it with good open world builds and good understanding of game mechanics

4. Any challenge falls to "immortal" open world builds which usually revolve around celestial gear and a mix of damage reduction, health regeneration and still decent damage output thanks to a lot of boons

TL;DR:

Every single hero point challenge can be soloed. If you are struggling with any, especially the easier ones, improve your build and approach via any means you feel comfortable with (there is enough guides by now)

Edit:

Ah I might have misunderstood, you were asking for the ability to intentionally solo hero points. Sure that would have been a nice option but given most are rather easy, what for? I usually enjoy having others jump in if only for the sake of them getting a hero point, knowing that some players struggle. The inculsive nature of GW2 open world is after all a strong point imo

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

4 hours ago, Nightcore.5621 said:

For expansion hero point challenges I wish there was a way to do them alone. Is not that i complain there people always to help u but sometimes u just want to try the challenges alone with out help and there are no option to do that. It would be really cool with a option so only u can fight them maby in a private instance or something.

Сonceptually this is a great idea that I carry in my head last months and seems will wrote soon here addressing to ANet, thank you for sharing this .

• Confused 5

6 minutes ago, Scalacious.4139 said:

Can't you just do that at a time of day where not to many players are online? Or maybe on a map instance that is just about to be closed.

If you're able to get online at quiet times it's more likely you'll be able to do it solo but there's still no guarentee. People can show up at the most unexpected times and there's never a time when no one else is online.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Every single hero challenge can be soloed.

Now some, especially HoT, are a tad more difficult, but the vast majority of the rest can be soloed.

General rule of thumb:

1.) If it's a channel, you can solo it (even the Balthazar one, though that one falls into the "difficult" category) most often rather easily

2. If it's against a veteran npc, you can solo it with basic open world builds and minimal understanding of game mechanics

3. If you are up against a champion, you can solo it with good open world builds and good understanding of game mechanics

4. Any challenge falls to "immortal" open world builds which usually revolve around celestial gear and a mix of damage reduction, health regeneration and still decent damage output thanks to a lot of boons

TL;DR:

Every single hero point challenge can be soloed. If you are struggling with any, especially the easier ones, improve your build and approach via any means you feel comfortable with (there is enough guides by now)

Edit:

Ah I might have misunderstood, you were asking for the ability to intentionally solo hero points. Sure that would have been a nice option but given most are rather easy, what for? I usually enjoy having others jump in if only for the sake of them getting a hero point, knowing that some players struggle. The inculsive nature of GW2 open world is after all a strong point imo

What i ask for is i want to do them alone with out help. No matter where i go when i start a hero challenge always people who join and help and that i dont want 

• Like 2
  • Confused 6

As I said in the other thread, locking out players from helping or creating isolated solo versions in open world is against the spirit and design of GW2. It’s not what GW2 is about and should never be about. I’m all for creating solo arena challenges in guild halls etc, relocating the mechanics into those, but not exclusively solo open world fights.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

12 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

locking out players from helping or creating isolated solo versions in open world is against the spirit and design of GW2. It’s not what GW2 is about and should never be about.

it is not about either locking out players or any other real-time map limiting - it is about new (copy) map instance with isolated area

• Confused 6

4 hours ago, taara.3217 said:

it is not about either locking out players or any other real-time map limiting - it is about new (copy) map instance with isolated area

In essence, it is as such would potentially split players away from the open world map design.

For suggestions such as these, people really need to ask "What's in it for Anet?"  or  "What is the return for the resources that would need to be spent to implement my idea?"

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

open world map design will not change in any way, what do you mean?

It wouldn't change the design of the open world maps.  It would take other players away from open world maps, decreasing the population of those maps.  This, to me, runs counter to the inherent design of GW2, which is an open world MMO with players on the same map as other players.  I think this is what @Randulf.7614 was talking about.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Linken.6345 said:

So people who want to solo champs and do so on maps now wont leave if there is a instanced version of it?

Well
this is Queensdale real-time map with heroes, cows, foes, dynamic events, etc.
https://i.imgur.com/7uf0gwq.png

once you want to run your Personal story chapter's you'll transfere to related map (Queensdale in our case) instance
https://i.imgur.com/Tv3wGsH.jpg

where it will be only limited explorable area you cannot leave without beign returning back to current real-time map
https://i.imgur.com/wdcZ3xy.png

thus, do you mean, that when you activate your Personal story it causes some or other clashes with rt-map (taking other players away, etc.) ?

Edited by taara.3217
  • Confused 3

On 1/23/2023 at 12:31 PM, taara.3217 said:

In general - it's not a solution, unfortunately.

How is this not a solution? "For science" I just went to re-do some hero points in eod, just by running into each of them without waiting for anyone or anything specific, nobody interefered during 4 out of 5 hero challenges. Considering they can be re-done, it doesn't seem to be an issue to find an opportunity to solo most/all of them.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

On 1/22/2023 at 11:52 PM, Nightcore.5621 said:

Are hero points so important that they should have instanced-versions? If you want challenging instanced content, it seems there is more than enough out there already, and quite a variety. Perhaps looking elsewhere for such challenges is the proper approach?

• Like 6