Bounty Hunter Solo Challenge Concept

taara.3217

Based on the topic above.

Dear ANet,

I suggest you to think about adding an in-game option to be able to solo any champion/bounty in its specific related but limited area (new instance/copy of the map, e.g. limited explorable zone in Personal story).  
It can be some kind of Gem Store's item (e.g. Bounty Hunter Challenge Badge, etc.) where I can choose some or other foe. Or it can be several area-related items (Kessex Hills Bounty Hunter Challenge Badge, Dry Top Bounty Hunter Challenge Badge, etc.). It can be time duration limit item (2h, choose any champ in any/target location), or attempts limit (choose any champ in any/target location but you have 5 battles limit) - in short - all depends on your flight of fancy.

I think it will be great option for players who like solo challenges (no unwanted help, no waiting for respawn, etc.).

I think it will be great option for anyone who want to hone its own battle skills in real fight.
I think it will be great option for ANet as another source of monetization with relatively little efforts (I can be wrong but it seems to me so) as you have all related context already implemented in game (furthermore Champs already have invisible limited area).

Any thoughts, my friends?

Edited by taara.3217
  • Confused 8

I like the idea behind your solution, but not your solution. What you essentially are asking for is something like the Gauntlet, but more permanent. I’d have no issue with that and it could link off of somewhere like the aerodrome to test players skills, without interfering with open world or affecting hero points—where collaboration should never be discouraged or frowned upon. 

Even better could be a guild hall pve arena for them because that would encourage players to work together build it and watch each other test their skills.

Monetising an item to generate a boss to bypass teaming up and challenging player skills is contrived and unnecessary.

Edited by Randulf.7614
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

I like the idea behind your solution, but not your solution. What you essentially are asking for is something like the Gauntlet, but more permanent. I’d have no issue with that and it could link off of somewhere like the aerodrome to test players skills, without interfering with open world or affecting hero points

Thank you. Yes, it's more of an idea than an solution. But it is exactly about real bosses in their real location and with their real combat abilities.

• Confused 1

Just now, taara.3217 said:

Thank you. Yes, it's more of an idea than an solution. But it is exactly about real bosses in their real location and with their real combat abilities.

I’m strongly against isolating things in their real location. That is very much anti-GW2. Relocating copy bosses to an arena and keeping their mechanics is more appropriate. We should never lock out the potential for cooperative play in open world. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

We should never lock out the potential for cooperative play in open world. 

Ah, seems I was misunderstood. I don't say about lock out the area in some real-time context. I mean full isolated champ's location in new (copy) map instance - the same concept we have during Personal story. We don't have to have any clashing with real-time game process. 

Edited by taara.3217
  • Confused 3

If they were going to implement something like this, it would be the ability to spawn any enemy in place of the golem in the training area.

If they were going to do solo bounties/challenges, it would be as an adventure-like system where it's phased to you, but it would be balanced for solo play, not for soloing group challenges.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

as a one of the options, agree

So the idea of using the training golem as a location to spawn chosen Champs or Legendary Bounties/HP/bosses etc should be fine. Select the mob, beat it down, rinse repeat. I’d assume no rewards from this, just the experience and training associated with choosing these mobs. 

I have no issue with that concept.  It’s all the other nonsense that distracts from this idea. 

Edited by Mungo Zen.9364
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Mungo Zen.9364 said:

So the idea of using the training golem as a location to spawn chosen Champs or Legendary Bounties/HP/bosses etc should be fine. Select the mob, beat it down, rinse repeat. I’d assume no rewards from this, just the experience and training associated with choosing these mobs. 

I have no issue with that concept.  It’s all the other nonsense that distracts from this idea. 

Yea and that would be played once for each champion if it have some ap locked behind it and then abandoned.

I dont think this idea is as great as the OP think it is.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 1/23/2023 at 10:48 AM, Randulf.7614 said:

I like the idea behind your solution, but not your solution. What you essentially are asking for is something like the Gauntlet, but more permanent. I’d have no issue with that and it could link off of somewhere like the aerodrome to test players skills, without interfering with open world or affecting hero points—where collaboration should never be discouraged or frowned upon. 

Even better could be a guild hall pve arena for them because that would encourage players to work together build it and watch each other test their skills.

Monetising an item to generate a boss to bypass teaming up and challenging player skills is contrived and unnecessary.

Something like the queen's gauntlet would be great.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Yea and that would be played once for each champion if it have some ap locked behind it and then abandoned.

I dont think this idea is as great as the OP think it is.

1 AP after 100 kills of a champion

1 AP after 1000 ...

1 AP after 10000 ...

1 AP after 100000 ...

1 AP after 1000000 ...

Endless content 😂

2 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

Doesn't seem like much of a problem to me.  Just how long does it take to solo a champion that other players are constantly getting in the way? 🤔

It depends on champ and based on:
1. Your time you can spend in game
2. Champ's respawn interval
3. Your ability (mostly inability for more or less hard bosses) kill it from the first attempt 
4. Your experience
5. Players around
It can take months or years. If you want some examples related to me  - Legendary Sand Giant (Dry Top), Ghostly Justiciar Hablion (Bloodstone Fen), all Bloodstone-Crazed creatures (except shark - I don't like underwater fight), etc. 
Say, Legendary Sand Giant that can be found during the sandstorm has respawn interval 1h (every xx:40 of each hour). During 3 months (in different times of day) I cannot solo him - there are always players around. The same with all foes above.

Edited by taara.3217
  • Confused 2

42 minutes ago, taara.3217 said:

It depends on champ and based on:
1. Your time you can spend in game
2. Champ's respawn interval
3. Your ability (mostly inability for more or less hard bosses) kill it from the first attempt 
4. Your experience
5. Players around
It can take months or years. If you want some examples related to me  - Legendary Sand Giant (Dry Top), Ghostly Justiciar Hablion (Bloodstone Fen), all Bloodstone-Crazed creatures (except shark - I don't like underwater fight), etc. 
Say, Legendary Sand Giant that can be found during the sandstorm has respawn interval 1h (every xx:40 of each hour). During 3 months (in different times of day) I cannot solo him - there are always players around. The same with all foes above.

I see.  I think this is a complete waste of time and resources.  It makes sense to me in the format of something like the Queen's Gauntlet where you have shorter fights with mechanics that may be approached in different ways.  But something like the sand giant?  You're just doing the same thing over and over again for like 20 minutes to solo that.  The audience for such content is effectively zero.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

But something like the sand giant?

But it only example related to me, the same are with almost all champs/bounties because of the different players experience. Say Varre, or Ezal, or Flyrra etc. - while it's a kind of cakewalk for some, it's a quite hard challenge for others. And those others will face with the 5 steps issues above.

As for the Queen's Gauntlet I agree, that it can be option like it.

Edited by taara.3217
  • Confused 2