What's the consensus on battle for LA?

The majority of people have completed it and there’s little reason to continue on doing it.   It was one of the reasons that a lot of veteran players were worried about whether the 6 min achievement bug would get fixed in a timely manner (took them a month and they didn’t even mention it in the patch notes). 

Edited by mythical.6315

9 hours ago, Jukhy.2431 said:

The festival is still going on so lots of folks doing that instead. Tried to do the Tower of Nightmares earlier for some achies but eventually gave up. Will try again after the festival ends.

Ngl, the number of times people resort to this reasoning of "festivals are more attractive and people are there instead of other content" is a bit too much. Don't get me wrong, I get it, but also, I see the same excuse in most threads at all times of year. The issue is that there's often a festival on and festival farmers are not gonna be the same crowd that farm LA since it's not even the most profitable meta/event.

Let's be brutally honest, there is unlikely to be a resurgence in numbers when it comes to Battle for LA unless anet release new achievements or skins tied in to it.

@Op, your best bet is to figure out when your sever is most active (NA or EU) and play during peak time. Alternatively there are guilds and other groups who organise in lfg or elsewhere. Jumping in on your own is a dice roll.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Unfortunately like most large-scale instanced content (except Dragonstorm), the devs of this game don't really seem to understand the concept of gold per hour and continue to fail to balance the rewards of encounters based upon the average completion time instead of in a vacuum (that they never touch again).

Players need to get about 20-30 GPH no matter what they're doing, not just open-world. This is why we have metas that are many years old still pulling in hundreds of players.

Why would anyone waste time doing this when even Dry Top gives better rewards?

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

11 hours ago, disco.9302 said:

Ngl, the number of times people resort to this reasoning of "festivals are more attractive and people are there instead of other content" is a bit too much. Don't get me wrong, I get it, but also, I see the same excuse in most threads at all times of year. The issue is that there's often a festival on and festival farmers are not gonna be the same crowd that farm LA since it's not even the most profitable meta/event.

I fail to see how that is an excuse. To me the "festivals are more attractive and people are there instead of other content" is quite solid reasoning because a lot of people do them, and not just for profits but because they enjoy the content. Not everyone is concerned with trying to maximize profits, and I for one have never been interested in the g/hr ratio. So to say that the OP will likely have a higher chance to complete this instance after the festival is not that far-fetched.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Just now, Jukhy.2431 said:

I fail to see how that is an excuse. To me the "festivals are more attractive and people are there instead of other content" is quite solid reasoning because a lot of people do them, and not just for profits but because they enjoy the content. Not everyone is concerned with trying to maximize profits, and I for one have never been interested in the g/hr ratio. So to say that the OP will likely have a higher chance to complete this instance after the festival is not that far-fetched.

IMO it's an excuse because people still do Dragonstorm (and other rewarding events) during festivals.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Just now, HowlKamui.5120 said:

IMO it's an excuse because people still do Dragonstorm (and other rewarding events) during festivals.

Yes, some people do but not all. There will be more people doing all available content when there's no festival going on, thus increasing the chance for OP to complete this instance.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

On 1/25/2023 at 6:47 PM, HowlKamui.5120 said:

Sure but I always do Dragon Storm every day usually because it's fast and easy reward with a chance of a much greater reward and I still haven't done it during the festival.  

There are premiere events and other events that don't have the same level of reward, but those events are still done and they're done less during festivals.  I only have X amount of time I want to spend on stuff I do daily.  If I'm doing festival stuff I'm leaving behind some other stuff.

• Thanks 1

On 1/24/2023 at 11:50 PM, Jukhy.2431 said:

Yes, some people do but not all. There will be more people doing all available content when there's no festival going on, thus increasing the chance for OP to complete this instance.

In fairness though we have 6 festivals, all at least 3 weeks, that makes 18 weeks out of 52 in a year. That's more than 1/3rd of the time that a festival is going. As the game gets bigger, they'll need stronger periodic rewards on a rotation to help people keep all ends of thr game alive (kind of how they revamped seasonal dailies). G/h is a valid metric to balance things around. 

• Confused 2