A couple of fixes Vindcator needs

Ravenwulfe.5360

First issue is a targeting issue and really gets annoying. This applies more to larger enemies and I suspect is not just a vindicator problem but classes that use similar systems. This targeting issue applies heavily to Phantom's Onslaught, Nomad's Advance and Spear of Archemerous. In a lot of fights where you are dealing with a generic target enemy, mostly the giant ones, these powers either do not work properly or refuse to work at all. Even if you are standing right next to them and have the enemy targeted, Spear will refuse to activate, and your charges can end up just going through the target instead of stopping at them. Been a few times I've ended up accidentally flinging myself off the ledge while fighting Soo-Won for instance. This needs to get some sort of fix to prevent this, it gets annoying that a chunk of the kit is unusable because of this bug.

Second issue is underwater. Vindicator, for whatever reason, suffers more underwater than other classes. First up the dodge mechanic doesn't dodge at all so any attack wills till hit while we are stuck in the dodge/leap animation and in the water the leap animation is way longer than the normal world animation locking you out of any continued attack animation. Underwater combat is already terrible enough but it just gets worse for vindicators because of this. On top of that the targeting issue only gets magnified underwater. Today's fractal daily only highlighted that when I not only got grabbed by the jellyfish boss during my leap animation I was stuck waiting out the animation lockout time unable to do the breakfree minigame for several seconds because of it nearly resulting it my characters death.

This needs to be fixed, it's getting a bit annoying as I really enjoy playing as a vindicator but it frustrating when chunks of your kit become unusable due to oversights like this.

• Like 2

On 1/25/2023 at 1:08 PM, ArthurDent.9538 said:

Underwater dodge evades for the first half of the animation but not second half, when giving 2nd dodge they cut the evade duration in half but not the animation duration. Another annoying issue is the targeted hits from eternity's requiem target a random nearby enemy instead of the targeted one.

I think Eternity's Requiem is working as intended reading the tooltip a few times to try and understand it, though I think it probably needs a change to make it more useful, long term wise. It' still a fun power to use and quite devastating when it lands properly.

33 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

They need to bring back one evade. The two evade ruins the entire identity of the elite and forces anything that revolves around it to be nerfed to the ground.

For the identity yeah, but for dps i would rather have 2 dodges if they hit faster.. with old dodge u just waste so much time meanwhile slb does their whole opener while u are just in the air..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Shao.7236 said:

They need to bring back one evade. The two evade ruins the entire identity of the elite and forces anything that revolves around it to be nerfed to the ground.

I agree with this, but they're too far gone at this point. They've nerfed a ton of values since the dodge change and they'd have to revert pretty much everything if they brought it back to 1 dodge (since pretty much none of it was busted with only one dodge). I don't see Anet spending that many resources on a class, especially Rev

Edited by LucianTheAngelic.7054
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, soul.9651 said:

For the identity yeah, but for dps i would rather have 2 dodges if they hit faster.. with old dodge u just waste so much time meanwhile slb does their whole opener while u are just in the air..

I don't think splitting dodges has done any good other than making it easier to play in PvP modes because splitting evade frames means 2 dodges and those 2 dodges have effects that pretty acts as a straight upgrade because on top of it there's more low energy cost skills that are really good.

In PvE you still have the same issue even with two evades, the downtime for 1 evade instead of 2 still means the same amount of damage. Unless they actually did not equally split which would be stupid, a pure dps should deal at least minimum 40k damage with the single dodge to make up for downtime, it's stupid they didn't even try that first.

Given Revenant has ways to deal damage while evading too, it's not like there are no options to compensate.

44 minutes ago, LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:

i agree with this, but they're too far gone at this point. They've nerfed a ton of values since the dodge change and they'd have to revert pretty much everything if they brought it back to 1 dodge (since pretty much none of it was busted with only one dodge). I don't see Anet spending that many resources on a class, especially Rev

They just reverted mantras and also did revert chrono in the past. It's only if they care enough.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Shao.7236 said:

I don't think splitting dodges has done any good other than making it easier to play in PvP modes because splitting evade frames means 2 dodges and those 2 dodges have effects that pretty acts as a straight upgrade because on top of it there's more low energy cost skills that are really good.

In PvE you still have the same issue even with two evades, the downtime for 1 evade instead of 2 still means the same amount of damage. Unless they actually did not equally split which would be stupid, a pure dps should deal at least minimum 40k damage with the single dodge to make up for downtime, it's stupid they didn't even try that first.

Given Revenant has ways to deal damage while evading too, it's not like there are no options to compensate.

They just reverted mantras and also did revert chrono in the past. It's only if they care enough.

Still doubt they will ever touch dodge again. The moment they would revert the change other people in forums would be shouting  again especially the ones who asked for this change. Plus its not like dodge is the only problem with a spec. They should focus on other problems more like energy meld and both elite skills feeling like a watsed skills, or whats the purpose of the blue legend in pve? The only time i swap to the blue legend is for personal survivability when people in the party cant do their job which they are supposed to do, but if we have a good supps its just a dead legend to swap to (again im talking about pve and beeing more specific instanced content). Altho it would be nice to have a functioning blue vindicator healer build. The only place where it would work(and if we have in mind if vindicator with double blue and red legends was designed to be more a sustained solo spec rather then group support spec looking at its current tools) is if anet would make INTENDED solo challenging instanced content for people which doesnt exist rn(you can say that you can solo the fractals or the stuff at OW but its just not what i even mean, 5man content isnt INTENDED to be soloed and its even in the name.. just because people can solo it with the current power creep doesnt mean it was intended to be soloed) Not gonna mention the bugs since i think those still exist in pvp and pve aswell. And underwater dodge is just awfull and im not even sure if it even should be functioning like that or if its just another bug.. So all in all there are plenty of things they should look at instead of reverting back and forth a dodge and not moving forward with a spec in general. Plus at least Dps variant is good rn at pve, well not as broken as some specs, so if they would yet again would start messing up with dodge they would probably mess up the only thing vindicator currently has at pve..

Edited by soul.9651
  • Like 1