Upcoming Jade Bot Update Is A Half Measure On A Potentially Awesome Feature

1 hour ago, ErosKnight.4087 said:

I can't think of any other place in world where it's necessary or where there's really a reason to get the jade bot out.

I used it to obtain back items from Cantha.  https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Collect_as_many_coins_as_you_can_before_the_time_runs_out!

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Canach_Coin#Currency_for

8 hours ago, Ravenwulfe.5360 said:

This topic baffles me and some of the responses in it are quite befuddling. The jade bot is quite useful as a tool and something extra in use. The fact you can mod it to find you extra materials is quite nice alone, but can create waypoints is only one of its functions. Being a self res tool for speedy recovery as well, and also give you a boost while gliding are other parts of its functions. And this doesn't include the passive vitality boost it gives too based on the core you install into it. If someone says they don't use it but have all the masteries unlocked they either never explored it, or just don't think about it when they do and would most definitely notice it missing. Sort of like the mounts people take for granted now. The jade bot isn't just a zip line tool.

The ability to actually move jadebot mods around without needing to camp in Cantha will be quite nice.

Stat boosts should never have been added. That should be removed entirely asap as part of any urgent EoD reworks. Giving stat boosts via masteries is a precedent that gw2 should never be setting.

The other features are kind of ok, but all seem rather fiddly and out of sync with the type of game we are playing, esp when we talk about modding it. The zip line tool was fine, but I don’t think it needed anything else. Maybe the self rez at a push. This was very much a mastery for the sake of a mastery and not fully thought out.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3

My guess is that the Jade Bot Console will trivialize the map-completion of those areas drastically. Since we are able to use mounts, it is already not very exciting anymore. But these things can move into all three directions without restrictions. If we have them in Open World, every puzzle, every hard to reach area, every secret spot becomes easily accessible with 0 effort. The only thing that will be missing is the ability to move through solid walls. By the frequency ANet provides the playerbase with map-breaking tools, I fear we get that within the next two years, too. 

Since the introduction of the mounts, the basic ones, we are leaning towards trivializing the game. Skyscale is the best map-breaker in the game, 2nd place goes to the Siege Turtle. But the jade bot console will make the Skyscale look like a child's toy. It is capable what some players want, 'real' flying.

We had countless of threads and suggestions how to utilize the EoD features in the rest of Tyria. And all they came up with is yet another way to break the original design?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, HnRkLnXqZ.1870 said:

My guess is that the Jade Bot Console will trivialize the map-completion of those areas drastically. Since we are able to use mounts, it is already not very exciting anymore. But these things can move into all three directions without restrictions. If we have them in Open World, every puzzle, every hard to reach area, every secret spot becomes easily accessible with 0 effort. The only thing that will be missing is the ability to move through solid walls. By the frequency ANet provides the playerbase with map-breaking tools, I fear we get that within the next two years, too. 

Since the introduction of the mounts, the basic ones, we are leaning towards trivializing the game. Skyscale is the best map-breaker in the game, 2nd place goes to the Siege Turtle. But the jade bot console will make the Skyscale look like a child's toy. It is capable what some players want, 'real' flying.

We had countless of threads and suggestions how to utilize the EoD features in the rest of Tyria. And all they came up with is yet another way to break the original design?

i don’t remember the range on them being particularly large. Especially not enough for a whole city map completion. 

i think it’s just copying and pasting terminals in major cities. 

Adding it to them might mean they have some plans to build on them and improve them over time to be more than what they are butttttt this is ArenaNet so we are more likely go get something else rather than have this iterated on. 

I wouldn’t complain in this case though. 

Jade Bot features will always be nearly useless until we can spawn a terminal anywhere like the waystations. The only thing players use them for right now is to collect a bit more loot; even the waypoint is frequently forgotten and the self-revival skill isn't useful since it replaces your normal revive and you can't chose when to use it.

Allow us to spawn terminals, change out our addons from inventory, fly around maps and so on if you want this mastery line to come anywhere close to what gliding and mounts were.

Even IceBrood Saga masteries offered more utility in the open-world., and that's saying alot.

Also to all the players once again arguing against quality of life because of personal preferences: Please just leave people alone. Its getting very exhausting for those of us actually trying to have discussions about the benefits and drawbacks of potential changes without dismissing them outright.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 3
  • Confused 4

Backlash to this is odd ... they are adding these to what are predominantly social areas of the game that don't have events or combat. Not sure what the issue is that people will have to this. 

I mean, it's more offensive that people can run minis in combat zones where the contribution to lag has a real impact to people's event performance than it is to have Jade bots in social zones where ... nothing really happens. 

As for adding terminals outside of Cantha zones ... it's still a possibility. I didn't see Anet said they wouldn't do it ever, so it's a reasonable suggestion, especially considering they extended the HoT and PoF features of Gliding and mounts after all. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

16 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

Jade Bot features will always be nearly useless until we can spawn a terminal anywhere like the waystations. The only thing players use them for right now is to collect a bit more loot; even the waypoint is frequently forgotten and the self-revival skill isn't useful since it replaces your normal revive and you can't chose when to use it.

Allow us to spawn terminals, change out our addons from inventory

I don't see how it's supposed to be useless just because we can't have everything slotted in at any time. You just need to make your pick, similarly how you need to do with your traits or skills while you're in-combat, that's what making meaningful choice is. Otherwise we might as well have all of the upgrades slotted in and forget they ever existed. For example, I currently have gliding boost slotted, it's fun and it's useful. But if we could "slot it in whenever/wherever", it would just serve as "occasional swap" for 5 seconds to instantly use it and swap it back out. It also diminishes the point of their cooldowns, since you can just swap in something else in that time.

Would it be "more convenient"? Sure, the same way picking every trait at the same time would be -by default I could just "do more". But I don't think it would be a positive change for the overal gameplay at all.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1