Mesmers Full of block

Murat.7802

Gw2 has the best pvp balance until this. Last game i saw Mesmer class unhitable for a whole game. No matter how you play full of block also with help of supp guardian. This is light armor class why they have all of those blocks.. Gw2 destroyed it's balance. clearly.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 7
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 9

As i said in another post, this is getting out of control, too many invulnerabilities in some professions with still high dps,  both Mesmers and Elementalists can block an entire squad attack as many as they want, and when they run out of  "blocks" just blink out of the combat, wait a bit for the recharge then rejoin again and again.

This don't exclude spellbreakers tho.

Anet need to rethink about how block/invuln should work in pvp, i think is too powerful to just be given like candy.

Edited by Peter.3901
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

12 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

As i said in another post, this is getting out of control, too many invulnerabilities in some professions with still high dps,  both Mesmers and Elementalists can block an entire squad attack as many as they want, and when they run out of  "blocks" just blink out of the combat, wait a bit for the recharge then rejoin again and again.

This don't exclude spellbreakers tho.

Anet need to rethink about how block/invuln should work in pvp, i think is too powerful to just be given like candy.

Peter, saying u spam cds on his block is not good explanation why it needs nerf.

Name a skill or trait that u think its OP.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, oatsnjuices.1698 said:

How about 2? Critical infusion + Evasive Mirror.

First one is 3s vigor each 10seconds. Most classes have good vigor access. Second one is also 10s CD and lasts only a second. They would instantly get killed by bad random skill spamming ranger otherwise.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

You do realise Critical infusion is literally the worst vigor proc trait out of all classes right?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Vigorous_Precision

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Unwavering_Avoidance

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Invigorating_Speed

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Primal_Reflexes

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Feline_Grace

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Renewing_Stamina

I've kept it down to the core traits but as you can see all of these are considerably stronger than critical infusion. Only 2 classes are left off the list, the 2 classes that aren't boon generators in core, warrior and necro but both can get vigor in their elite specs or from other means.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

Just now, Peter.3901 said:

The number of mesmers trying to defend the easy train is hilarious 

Except I've said multiple times adding distortion to Virtuoso shouldn't have been done. I have also said that distortion on signet use shouldn't be in the game, much to the dismay and hatred of the echo chamber in the mesmer forum. Virtuoso has too much defence and it needs toning down (remove distortion) but more importantly major issues need looking at like:
Signet of Illusions being a full shatter reset.
Distortion on signet use.
The ability of chrono to quadruple stack any utility and double stack any skill. They can also cast the phantasm utilities 8 times in a row, 8 times! How tf is anyone supposed to balance a skill when you can do that? No wonder they're shockingly bad.
Virtuoso is still a buggy mess and super clunky to use.
Bladesongs need to be cast without facing a target.
Dagger on Virtuoso is a hilariously badly designed weapon and really weak too.

Many of Virtuoso's skills are just plain bad, the shatters are a strict downgrade below 5 blades (4 for Sorrow).

Don't believe me, go through my history, it's there for everyone to look at, in particular look at JazzXman's thread and you'll see.

Mesmer is a class that is sorely in need of a full rework, from core, to elite specs by a competent team working out what it should be good at in core, baking that into weapon skills, traits and utilities and then the same with the elite specs. Right now it's like a mish mash of all kinds of stuff that sounded fun but in reality has ended up being hated and propped up by a lot of unfun and completely broken mechanics.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Coraline.4173 said:

First one is 3s vigor each 10seconds. Most classes have good vigor access. Second one is also 10s CD and lasts only a second. They would instantly get killed by bad random skill spamming ranger otherwise.

Critical infusion so good I didn't even remember what the kitten it was and had to check it on the wiki. That's how good mesmer is.

• Haha 2

14 hours ago, Peter.3901 said:

Yes guys, mesmer is so weak that 9 of 10 games there is 1~3 of them in EACH TEAM. Very weak...

That's strange, I was listing the overpowered stuff on mesmer that needed to be changed as well as the stuff on virtuoso that make it bad. Go to the wiki and look up how strong the bladesongs are compared to core shatters, only the F2 is better at 4 blades and F1 is marginally better but given the speed of a 1+1 mindwrack it's a strict downgrade.

At this point we should probably be asking do you have problems dodging bladesongs? Do clones make you confused?

I'm getting really confused by the forums, is 9 out of 10 games with virtuoso or not? Could it be some of you are exaggerating....maybe even lying!? 😮 

Edited by apharma.3741
  • Like 5
  • Confused 1