Noob warr question

Axl.8924

All lines are power in one way or another with Strength being primary one for the job.
Condi on the other hand has just Arms, and maybe a tiny bit of support in Discipline (crack shot if you're a longbow user).
Most supportive line is definitely Tactics with Discipline as second (doubled standards trait).

There is no best weapon, there are simply specific tools for specific roles.
If it's about power damage, axes are best. But they offer next to no defense.
Greatsword does not hit as hard but has great mobility.
Hammer has no mobility but greaat cc and traits that capitilize on cc heavy playstyle.
Mace is basically 1h hammer.

Edited by ZeftheWicked.3076

22 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Rifle is best on Berserker.

All specs are fun.

The only subpar weapons are OH Sword, OH Dagger, Longbow, and Rifle. Maces are subpar except for breaking bars.

Wait what? thats most weapons no? WOW thats bad they been unchanged for ages then? 

Never go wrong with Axe/Axe Greatsword on a Core Warrior. Use Axe/Shield if you need more defensive skills. 

I recommend Bladesworn. It's really hecking fun to play, and it does huge biggus diggus damage in a single burst, so if you enjoy seeing large numbers, this one is very fun for Power builds. 

All 3 Especs can be played Power btw. 

Question do you guys go with 3 utilities to get 25 might and fury selfishly?

I noticed while exploring you got 2 or 3 utilities with 15 seconds to get might with that you can ez get 25 might+fury.

Is that the meta?

GS related question:

Does GS feel kinda clunky? where is the invuln so you can tank stuff?

at times i'm getting downed when i got full stamina before i can use the limit break(i'm calling it limit break because adrenaline makes me think of limit break from FF7)

Edited by Axl.8924

3 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

Question do you guys go with 3 utilities to get 25 might and fury selfishly?

I noticed while exploring you got 2 or 3 utilities with 15 seconds to get might with that you can ez get 25 might+fury.

Is that the meta?

PvE or PvP/WvW? If the first, then FGS and GS fills your Might and fury needs, if the second then FGJ pretty much does that on it's own.

GS related question:

Does GS feel kinda clunky? where is the invuln so you can tank stuff?

at times i'm getting downed when i got full stamina before i can use the limit break(i'm calling it limit break because adrenaline makes me think of limit break from FF7)

GS is clunky. You don't invuln your way through content on Warrior, you out sustain it. 

54 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

PvE or PvP/WvW? If the first, then FGS and GS fills your Might and fury needs, if the second then FGJ pretty much does that on it's own.

GS is clunky. You don't invuln your way through content on Warrior, you out sustain it. 

1st part:  actually on pve not pvp i don't know what FGJ  is

2nd part: So does that mean i gotta invest into sustain traits to be able to do that and not go full glass warr?

Edited by Axl.8924

2nd part: So does that mean i gotta invest into sustain traits to be able to do that and not go full glass warr?

To not go full glass war, you can mix your gear. (example: soldiers/berserkers)

Edited by Infinity.2876

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

FGJ: For Great Justice

2 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

A mix and match really. Strength for instance offers a lot of endurance generation that you can use to dodge often and avoid attacks. Might Makes Right is double duty on endurance gain and healing at the cost of damage.

Defense has built in sustain, so you can run all the bottom traits for extra damage. This will pair well with Strength to dodge more to allow Adrenal Health to heal you more while you dodge.

Tactics had built in sustain that scales with the more allies that are near you, per might stack that you apply to them, or optionally to yourself and them if you take Phalanx Strength.

Bladesworn had Immortal Dragon to defacto full heal you in PvE. Run Cavalier stats, take Arms: mid/mid/top and you'll still do great damage while healing a great deal.

Berserker uses Dead or Alive and Blood Reckoning to heal via attacking with heavy attacks. 

With core you can run Defiant Stance, Endure Pain, and Defy Pain for periods of invulnerability while your sustain ticks heal you.

Spellbreaker with Full Counter is obvious sustain, by Magebane Tether paired with Might Makes Right, Mending Might, and Phalanx Strength is almost immortal from all the self sustain procs.

For a new player looking to move into using elite specs, I would give the following as a high level outlook:

Spellbreaker: Good for open world.  Good for instanced PvE.  Good for PvP/WvW.  Overall a very solid elite spec.  This is a power elite spec, although there is a meta build for PvP that uses condi longbow, but that's an anomaly.

For PvE, you'll generally want to pair Dagger/Axe along with either a Greatsword or a Hammer, depending on your preference.

Berserker: This is generally the condi elite spec, but it has been good for power in the past.  Balance patches might make this good for power again in PvE, but it's kinda lackluster right now.  Usually not a great choice in PvP and a little better in WvW, but is rarely seen as a really "meta" choice.  In PvE, this is used for condi and can be run as a condi quickness build with banners.

Bladesworn: This is a fully power spec with no real exception.  It can do some wild DPS in PvE, but is tricky to get the hang of and likely not the ideal choice for a newer player because of this.  Spellbreaker was buffed so that it can do very close DPS lately anyways, so even if you want to run power DPS, you don't have to play this spec if the mechanic of being rooted in place while you charge your dragon trigger is intimidating.  This can also run a power quickness build with banners if your group needs that buff.  In PvP/WvW, your dragon trigger does a loooot less damage, but is still an unblockable CC with the right trait.  This used to be a beast when the elite recharged shout ammo charges, but the elite now only recharges Bladesworn skills, so it's generally just inferior in competitive modes.

One other thing to note is that there really isn't any good support build for warrior right now (except maybe support spellbreaker in WvW zerg groups), so you'll generally be playing DPS in any PvE situation.  There are some banner builds that provide quickness to groups as mentioned, but they still play like their DPS counterparts.

Oh yea, one thing to note for a new player as well: There is a trait line called "defense" that is actually used on DPS builds like the one linked below.  While it is a trait line that gives a lot of defensive benefits, it also can increase damage significantly with some recent changes.

https://snowcrows.com/en/builds/warrior/spellbreaker/power-spellbreaker

16 hours ago, Axl.8924 said:

So i should go for spellbreaker then? good idea i guess since i'm new to warr.

If you're going to go Spellbreaker, now is a pretty great time.  It's always been a very good all around spec for open world and it continues to be so, but it also has two almost equally strong meta DPS builds (Strength/Defense with Hammer or Strength/Tactics with Greatsword) and those builds are pretty straight forward and intuitive to play since they largely play just like a core warrior, but with the ability to full counter as well.

Mela has some YouTube videos that go into a ton of detail on all the nuances of those builds if you're interested (just search YouTube for "GW2 Mela Spellbreaker"). 

If you're more of an open world player and want a build that's also incredibly tanky and able to handle just about anything you encounter solo, then Lord Hizen has a video on YouTube I would recommend as well (search YouTube for "GW2 Lord Hizen Spellbreaker).

If you're into competitive stuff, it's a pretty ideal time to play Spellbreaker too since there's multiple variants of Spellbreaker that are good in both WvW/PvE.  Check out GuildJen.com for those builds. 

But overall, yes, I'd recommend it.  Even if Spellbreaker wasn't in as good of a position as it is now from a balance perspective, it's a great elite spec for a new warrior player because it plays very similarly and I'd argue that having Full Counter (the elite spec counter attack mechanic) will help you learn fight encounters better than just about anything else since you'll be watching for chances to use it.