WvW weekly achievement and siege updates inc

Infusion.7149

4 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

Every dedicated WvW player has more than enough skirmish claim tickets. After you have every legendary you have absolutely no use for them. 

Instead of commenting that we don't need more, which anything more than what we have is better, how about we ask that they add more use for the tickets? Such as buying other things with them... other currencies (memories, Gifts of Battle, etc), weapon skins, siege. Seems a little better than just saying we don't need more rewards just because a certain amount already have it all.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Silinsar.6298 said:

You really don't need a certain spec for that. Just use Warclaw to ride up to the gate, then dodge away, done.

Oh I know this, you can even just ride next to a wall and have an archer hit you and boom, done. You're then running away faster than anyone without a warclaw can catch you. The warclaw was by far the worst thing they could have ever done to WvW.

6 hours ago, vares.8457 said:

Every dedicated WvW player has more than enough skirmish claim tickets. After you have every legendary you have absolutely no use for them. 

1 hour ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

I call bs on that. You don't need to've played for years to be a dedicated player anyways. Also new(er) players can be dedicated to this mode.

It takes years to get all the legendaries from WvW as it is. And as I said, I don't have everything yet myself but my main mode to play is WvW. I just started with WvW later than you did.

Which is exactly why I objected to you saying "we" without any form of specification. Besides, I didn't say you were wrong, just saying that not everyone is in the same boat as you are.

Sorry @vares.8457 but I have to agree with @Gehenna.3625 on this. I play with a squad that runs two hours a day in WvW every day, and I do mean every single day. We run on both Christmas and New Year's Days. That seems pretty dedicated to me. Like you, I have every legendary that WvW has to offer as do some other members of the squad. Not everyone in the squad does though and I'm sure those other "dedicated players" will appreciate getting more skirmish tickets every week.

1 hour ago, gerwalk.1320 said:

Instead of commenting that we don't need more, which anything more than what we have is better, how about we ask that they add more use for the tickets? Such as buying other things with them... other currencies (memories, Gifts of Battle, etc), weapon skins, siege. Seems a little better than just saying we don't need more rewards just because a certain amount already have it all.

And I think @gerwalk.1320 is right on the money here. To me, a much better approach than saying I don't need any more skirmish tickets is to tell Anet I would like more things to spend those tickets on. In addition to what gerwalk already mentioned, how about some new legendaries? I'd love to get some legendary breathers myself.  🤩

Edited by Chichimec.9364
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, gerwalk.1320 said:

Hello, welcome to the wvw forums, it's already been asked, multiple times, for years, for new things to spend tickets on, and for another use or vendor for useless wvw currency like emblems.

Although it's actually pretty shocking to me they're implementing the new weekly achievement system for wvw to give out more gold and tickets, and before adding a vendor items for existing currency. With all the complaints about gob every month, and in particular with mag involved, I thought for sure they were going to do something with them in the qol too.

People who have finished the legendaries and have excess tickets will obviously point this out, I mean it's been like 5 years since the skirmish vendor was updated with anything, other than new ascended weapon skins sets, which let's be real aren't the top of the line skins in the game.

P.S I finished all my wvw legendaries on my main account, and playing my second account mostly now so I have something to do with tickets still. But if I only played on one account I probably would some issue on reasoning to bother playing through the entire skirmish track anymore. Once you achieve a goal, there needs to be another one behind it. Like living stories, every 3 months pve gets new stuff to do.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Anyone here complaining about a lack of skirmish tickets and calls themselves "dedicated" should be begging ANet to increase the numbers of memories of battle. You literally get less than half the amount of them than claim tickets yet almost everything you can buy with tickets requires memories of battle, often in equal numbers.

"Ah but you can get them from reward tracks and the TP!" - yeah you get 15 per track, really gonna have them coming out of your ears. Buying from the TP is not an amazing option when the vast majority of WvW simply doesn't reward as much as PvE, you're basically sending all your gold to WvW farmers who sit there flipping a camp and take up space when your com jumps border.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

Anyone here complaining about a lack of skirmish tickets and calls themselves "dedicated" should be begging ANet to increase the numbers of memories of battle. You literally get less than half the amount of them than claim tickets yet almost everything you can buy with tickets requires memories of battle, often in equal numbers.

"Ah but you can get them from reward tracks and the TP!" - yeah you get 15 per track, really gonna have them coming out of your ears. Buying from the TP is not an amazing option when the vast majority of WvW simply doesn't reward as much as PvE, you're basically sending all your gold to WvW farmers who sit there flipping a camp and take up space when your com jumps border.

lol, the tickets are gated by a max amount per week, so I would have to play 2-3 years then to call myself dedicated?

And Memories of Battle can be bought from the TP. I suspect they made them tradeable and give you less than you need so that players who have no use for them themselves at least can sell them on the TP. You want to destroy that market for them?

I can easily supplement my lack of MoBs. But I only have access to a very limited amount of wvw tickets per week. And once I'm done with my legendaries, I'd hope that there still is a market to off-load my MoBs.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

14 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

lol, the tickets are gated by a max amount per week, so I would have to play 2-3 years then to call myself dedicated?

And Memories of Battle can be bought from the TP. I suspect they made them tradeable and give you less than you need so that players who have no use for them themselves at least can sell them on the TP. You want to destroy that market for them?

I can easily supplement my lack of MoBs. But I only have access to a very limited amount of wvw tickets per week. And once I'm done with my legendaries, I'd hope that there still is a market to off-load my MoBs.

Except MoB are also soft gated, they don't come from anywhere but reward tracks and the skirmish track. Go do the math, you won't earn enough MoB to buy everything with tickets even if you hit the ticket cap unless you play some ungodly amount of hours all day every day.

Takes about 5 hours to complete a track for 15 MoB last I  visited it, if you're playing for 35 hours a week that still only gives you 105 +104 from the the skirmish. Even if you just did Gift of Battle track for 25 a run it gives you 175 for the 35 hours you play for a total of 279 MoB and 365 Tickets.

To buy a full set of ascended armour (or exotic) costs 1310 tickets and 1500 MoB.
That will take 3.6 weeks so we will call it 4 weeks.
You will earn (even doing GoB track) 1116 MoB and so have to buy 384, costing you 66g, 20s and 78c at the low end. I have also been generous and finished the 4th week for the MoB calculation, you'd actually need 500 MoB once you get enough tickets costing closer to 100g if you buy it now.

There is literally no way to get all the items from the vendor WITHOUT buying MoB from the TP and being gated by skirmish tickets unless you play over 50hrs a week. That is going to be very off putting for new players who finally have enough tickets and then have to purchase from the TP because otherwise it will take another 1.5-2 weeks, maybe more if they're doing other reward tracks.
The only people that don't want MoB to be more abundant are veterans who don't care about the vendor (usually have full legendary/ascended already) or afk farmers both who sell to make more and more gold at the detriment of the sustainability of the game mode.

• Like 3

Just let me turn those stupid emblems in for decent cash; no need for more things to track.

As for the rest, making offense more powerful before you put in population controls is just going to further unbalance the tiers.    You will drive more people from WvW if you don't balance the population first.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Except MoB are also soft gated, they don't come from anywhere but reward tracks and the skirmish track. Go do the math, you won't earn enough MoB to buy everything with tickets even if you hit the ticket cap unless you play some ungodly amount of hours all day every day.

They're soft gated as you say but they are tradeable and as such are available on the TP. This means that you are not limited by time and wvw tickets do have a strict time limit. And at some point players don't need MoBs (nor WvW tickets) and then you can get gold with them via the TP. So at least MoBs have some value. Giving out more MoBs will crash the market and then more people will cry out.

Takes about 5 hours to complete a track for 15 MoB last I  visited it, if you're playing for 35 hours a week that still only gives you 105 +104 from the the skirmish. Even if you just did Gift of Battle track for 25 a run it gives you 175 for the 35 hours you play for a total of 279 MoB and 365 Tickets.

To buy a full set of ascended armour (or exotic) costs 1310 tickets and 1500 MoB.
That will take 3.6 weeks so we will call it 4 weeks.
You will earn (even doing GoB track) 1116 MoB and so have to buy 384, costing you 66g, 20s and 78c at the low end. I have also been generous and finished the 4th week for the MoB calculation, you'd actually need 500 MoB once you get enough tickets costing closer to 100g if you buy it now.

You're doing it wrong. I buy one ascended piece at a time and then focus on making it a legendary. Each legendary piece takes about 3.5 weeks. Care to do the math that way? Say that you play 12 hours a week so that's 42 hours. That's lowballing it since I assume 12 hours per week. So the low end is around 300 for each legendary piece and more if you put more hours into it. I mean if you play 35 hours per week as per you calculation then you are done within two weeks and you have 3.5 weeks.

There is literally no way to get all the items from the vendor WITHOUT buying MoB from the TP and being gated by skirmish tickets unless you play over 50hrs a week.

As I showed you above it's possible and also you're forgetting that you don't need to be able to buy it as soon as you have the wvw tickets to buy it. And if you're only in it for the ascended items, well you can either spend gold or spend time. That's how it is in GW2 in general.

That is going to be very off putting for new players who finally have enough tickets and then have to purchase from the TP because otherwise it will take another 1.5-2 weeks, maybe more if they're doing other reward tracks.

New players don't even get to diamond chest to begin with. They will not be able to buy anything much for the first while to begin with. They get bronze or silver at most at the start. Just see how far that gets you with wvw tickets. New players are stuffed in general and getting more MoBs will not make that different. Something much bigger will have to be done for new players.

The only people that don't want MoB to be more abundant are veterans who don't care about the vendor (usually have full legendary/ascended already) or afk farmers both who sell to make more and more gold at the detriment of the sustainability of the game mode.

Yep and that's why the MoBs are tradeable. It's for them and they are a valid player group, but imo you're approaching this whole thing wrong., as I explained above. But there does need to be a market for MoBs, but if you're smart about it you won't have to buy as many as you think.

• Like 2
  • Confused 4

giving out more skirmish tickets is fine, who cares? i don't think more MoB is a good idea... if that would happen, i'd sell my stacks asap tho before it happens 😛 i rarely use nor sell them got often around 10 stacks MoB parked.

what we need: finally some eblem trader.

more gold for wvw: direly needed

siege HP and effectiveness? horrible change.
and since u people never get that, u cannot expect anet to "balance population"... people just transfer and at fin some servers are overstacked. happens within 1 weeks range around the relinks every single time, you're delusional to expect that anet could possibly change anything about a nearly ritualistic behaviour

some guilds move, some servers get stacked hard, some smaller guilds want a piece of the bandwagon cake, then some ganker guilds join in too, then the bandwagoner parasite pugs join, ...
...and bam, from a "medium" population server that got a veryhigh link u get a full/veryhigh combo that stays hardstuck in tier1 (which is basically the most boring thing possible, but not avoidable)

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, kamikharzeeh.8016 said:

giving out more skirmish tickets is fine, who cares? i don't think more MoB is a good idea... if that would happen, i'd sell my stacks asap tho before it happens 😛 i rarely use nor sell them got often around 10 stacks MoB parked.

what we need: finally some eblem trader.

more gold for wvw: direly needed

siege HP and effectiveness? horrible change.
and since u people never get that, u cannot expect anet to "balance population"... people just transfer and at fin some servers are overstacked. happens within 1 weeks range around the relinks every single time, you're delusional to expect that anet could possibly change anything about a nearly ritualistic behaviour

some guilds move, some servers get stacked hard, some smaller guilds want a piece of the bandwagon cake, then some ganker guilds join in too, then the bandwagoner parasite pugs join, ...
...and bam, from a "medium" population server that got a veryhigh link u get a full/veryhigh combo that stays hardstuck in tier1 (which is basically the most boring thing possible, but not avoidable)

Yeah, 59k skirmish tickets and over 2k emblems burning a hole in my pocket. I know if I trash the emblems ANET will mysteriously come up with something to spend them on. They've done it with several other items in the past.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I can imagine anet is not going to look at those 50k stockpiles and think they need to put in vendor items worth 1k or less so you can get a cash grab out of it. If anything they'll think the prices are obviously not high enough and to make sure any future items they release on the vendor will be super expensive so it's gated for a long time after again. Like you know maybe a new prestigious skin for 100k, or eventual legendary accessories jacked up in ticket price. Or do their usual and add another currency to bypass old stockpiles for new stuff. They do it every living story, they did it for badges, they certainly won't give you stuff to spend that much currency to make gold off of.

• Like 1

Update:
Achievement is now ingame.
6 of 7 possible weeklies are required,
Weekly 6/7 rewards Transcendent Chest of Knowledge and 8g

* 1 Stonemist cap  --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 50 enemy kills   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 5 keeps   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 10 towers   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 15 camps   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 15 dolyak kills   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 5 ruins    --- Transcendent chest (exotic)

Note the transcendent chest has skirmish claim tickets (except the weekly 6/7 one)

Edited by Infusion.7149
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Update:

WooWoo! rev up the backcap ktrains!

That's not bad, can be done in a day or two, smc is the hard one in certain matches.

BTW here's the notes, they snuck in mini's ban too lol!

World vs. World

This update includes an improvement to weekly rewards, and it introduces changes that are designed to encourage direct player vs. player conflict in fights over objectives while taking care to not take the fun (or the teeth) out of objective defense. We’ll be keeping a close eye on these changes—both the player feedback and quantitative data—and will make follow-up changes as needed.

Make sure to check out our blog post about WvW changes from last week for more information:  https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/wvw-january-31-preview/

Achievements

• New weekly achievements have been added to World vs. World. Completing these will award up to 35 additional weekly WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets and other WvW rewards. Additionally, a reward of 8 gold can be earned each week for completing the new meta-achievement. These achievements will reset every Monday at 7:30 a.m. UTC.

Warclaw Mount

• Increased the damage that the warclaw's Chain Pull attack inflicts on gates from 2,000 to 4,000.
  • The Warclaw's Blessing movement speed boon now applies to allies in a radius of 600, increased from 360.

Siege

• Increased the health pool of all ballista variants by 33%.
  • Increased the health pool of all flame ram variants by 25%.
  • Increased the duration of the Iron Hide boon applied by the rank 5 Flame Ram Mastery from 5 seconds to 10 seconds.
  • Increased the range in which the Iron Hide boon is applied from 300 to 600.
  • Increased the range of the non-upgraded version of the ballista's Reinforced Shot from 3,000 to 3,500 to make it more reliable compared to other ballista skills. The upgraded version from the rank 4 Ballista Mastery now extends the range to 4,000.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players under the effect of Oil Mastery III: Increased Armor to be incorrectly affected by certain crowd-control abilities.
  • Fixed an issue that caused players to lose control of siege weapons when affected by knockbacks, blowouts, or fear while under the effects of stability.

Objectives

We are making some changes to slightly reduce the amount of time it takes for players to break through the defenses of an upgraded tower, keep, or castle while it's actively defended.

• General
    • Slightly increased the size of camp supervisors, tower lords, and keep lords to make them easier to locate in combat.
    • Increased health of all supply dolyaks by 50%.
  • Camps
    • Increased the base supply hold size for camps from 100 to 150.
    • Increased the passive supply gain rate for camps increased from 10 to 15.
    • Increased the damage and health of camp supervisors by 10%.
  • Keeps
    • Decreased the base supply hold size for keeps from 500 to 400.
    • Decreased the supply hold size increase granted by the Storage Expansion objective upgrade from 400 to 200.
  • Stonemist Castle
    • Decreased the base supply hold size for Stonemist Castle from 1,000 to 700.
    • Decreased the supply hold size increase granted by the Storage Expansion objective upgrade from 400 to 200.
    • Increased the supply gain rate for Stonemist Castle from 50 to 60 per dolyak.
  • Desert Borderlands
    • Increased the damage inflicted by Champion Asai Deftclaw's Gale Slash attack by 20%.
    • Increased the damage inflicted by Champion Asai Deftclaw's Wind Dance attack by 20%.
    • Increased the damage inflicted by Champion Terza Bowsahr's Vengeful Flames attack by 20%.
    • Increased the damage inflicted by Champion Terza Bowsahr's Coalescence of Ruin attack by 20%.
    • Fixed an issue that allowed Champion Prototype B-055 to be permanently crowd controlled.

General

• Miniatures can no longer be summoned in WvW. This change is aimed at reducing screen clutter in large-scale combat and to remove a bad interaction with stealth that disproportionately affected players new to the game mode.
Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3

16 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Sigh. Had a feeling there wouldn't be anything for support classes and sure enough, there's not.

5/7 achieves requires standing in a ring or killing a guard. Everyone can do this.

1/7 requires killing helpless dolyaks Everyone can do this.

You only need 6 to complete the meta, you can get 7 if you bothered to drop an aoe every once in a while in a zerg.

They should keep that ratio of event types, maybe only replace kill players with something else, or replace kill dolyak with kill guards, every other week, or expand the list to 6/10 instead. But the 5 captures and 1 kill npc events seems reasonable for everyone.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

23 minutes ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Update:

Note the transcendent chest has skirmish claim tickets (except the weekly 6/7 one)

Throwing those new players who are trying to catch up on their legendaries right into every lane they'll get murdered quickly on to knock these achievements before the deadline is good news in regard to the Roamer concerns from a few recent threads here. The circle of life.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Update:

Looking at my game time and game style...

* SMC cap won't happen, unless I actively join a EB-Squad on a match up, where my side is strong

* 50 enemies sounds a lot, because I don't think I will kill like 10 people a day roaming

* 5 keeps and 10 towers are probably only doable if I actively join a zerging squad

* 15 camp, 15 dollies and 5 ruins are easy
Most likely I will get 3/7 each week for how many extra skirmish tickets? 15? That is no upgrade on my WvW rewards and definitely no encouragement for anyone playing WvW that does not like zerging everything down with a stacked server. A great disappointment.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Looking at my game time and game style...

* SMC cap won't happen, unless I actively join a EB-Squad on a match up, where my side is strong

That's gonna be a toss up for some people, cause smc doesn't exactly flip often in some matches, or only when certain zergs are on, sometimes when it is broken it can flip often in an hour. If you're in a certain T1 match forgetaboutit.

* 50 enemies sounds a lot, because I don't think I will kill like 10 people a day roaming

That just means you have 5/7 days to finish it 🙂

But really, tag some passingby zerg fights, you'll get that done quick.

* 5 keeps and 10 towers are probably only doable if I actively join a zerging squad

Keeps maybe, but desert keeps flip regularly, or if your team is weak and your home keeps flip often. Reset also tends to have frequent keep flips depending on servers. You don't need to join a squad just kill a guard and wait till it eventually flips lol.

* 15 camp, 15 dollies and 5 ruins are easy
Most likely I will get 3/7 each week for how many extra skirmish tickets? 15? That is no upgrade on my WvW rewards and definitely no encouragement for anyone playing WvW that does not like zerging everything down with a stacked server. A great disappointment.

Let's remember 7 days to finish this, I'm sure players will be slightly more motivated to get help flipping stuff, it happens already when people are doing keep dailies. Watch by sunday, which is usually a quiet day, players may take advantage to get the last minute achieves done too.

@Xenesis.6389 Are you just suggesting some of the worst "leeching" behaviour and joining the "blob" to achieve the weekly? That can't be healthy for WvW as a game type.

But like you said, that's exactly what people will do to get the weekly, every week. I am not looking forward to what will be the result of this kind of reward structure.

• Like 5