WvW weekly achievement and siege updates inc

Infusion.7149

9 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

@Xenesis.6389 Are you just suggesting some of the worst "leeching" behaviour and joining the "blob" to achieve the weekly? That can't be healthy for WvW as a game type.

But like you said, that's exactly what people will do to get the weekly, every week. I am not looking forward to what will be the result of this kind of reward structure.

Do you need a blob to kill a guard?

Can't be healthy, dude that's been the game play for 10 years lol.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

What the devs should have done is introduced an EXCHANGE VENDOR .    Individuals can exchange wvw currencies for items or other wvw currencies. IE, tickets for memories, heroics for tickets, memories for heroics, etc. And...all wvw currencies can be sold for gold but not purchased with gold.  (i know..give the shaft to pver's )  but they need to earn it.  This is not something for the TP, but wvw vendor only!!!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Update:
Achievement is now ingame.
6 of 7 possible weeklies are required,
Weekly 6/7 rewards Transcendent Chest of Knowledge and 8g

* 1 Stonemist cap  --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 50 enemy kills   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 5 keeps   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 10 towers   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 15 camps   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 15 dolyak kills   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 5 ruins    --- Transcendent chest (exotic)

Note the transcendent chest has skirmish claim tickets (except the weekly 6/7 one)

Thanks! Can't get in game and was hoping some would post it. +1.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ignavia.7420 said:

I dislike that all achievements require captures specifically. Now people have an incentive to give up objectives like Stonemist Castle to complete the achievement. "Capture or defend" would have been better.

Agree 100%. Or they should have rotating ones that are attack and others that are defend. Both should be events that are already captured as events.

• Like 5

24 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Do you need a blob to kill a guard?

That's not what I said, don't try to frame it like I did.

But that's what you said in your reply to me: "tag some passingby zerg fights", "keeps ... You don't need to join a squad just kill a guard and wait till it eventually flips lol."
You suggest to follow the zerg, leech on what they do, by just kill a (random) guard while they take the keep and profit from their doing with the minimum effort (The only thing missing is the suggestion to get back to spawn to wait in a safe spot).
Isn't that exactly the behaviour dedicated WvW don't want the PvE/more casual players to show? THAT is nurtured by the way the reward structure is set up (+ that it also favours the zerg and omits all "defense" events).

• Like 8

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Warclaw Mount

• The Warclaw's Blessing movement speed boon now applies to allies in a radius of 600, increased from 360.

Objectives

• Desert Borderlands
    • Fixed an issue that allowed Champion Prototype B-055 to be permanently crowd controlled.

General

• Miniatures can no longer be summoned in WvW. This change is aimed at reducing screen clutter in large-scale combat and to remove a bad interaction with stealth that disproportionately affected players new to the game mode.

These aren't bad. Was going to recommend that the Warclaw Blessing takes less time to apply to help people without mounts but we can see if the range works out. Might need both changes in the end but will have to test. 

Helping out the Earth Champ makes sense since its already the easiest of three keeps to attack.

I don't use minis and its been requested a numbers of times but would expect both happy peeps and some fallout over the weekend. Will miss tracking those stealthed peeps as we watch their minis run off following them along. If it adds some performance all the better. 

3 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

5/7 achieves requires standing in a ring or killing a guard. Everyone can do this.

1/7 requires killing helpless dolyaks Everyone can do this.

You only need 6 to complete the meta, you can get 7 if you bothered to drop an aoe every once in a while in a zerg.

They should keep that ratio of event types, maybe only replace kill players with something else, or replace kill dolyak with kill guards, every other week, or expand the list to 6/10 instead. But the 5 captures and 1 kill npc events seems reasonable for everyone.

Hmm, let me try to clarify what I meant. I wasn't trying to say that support classes won't be able to do the achievements. As you pointed out, they can get 6/7 achievements. My disappointment was that there were no rewards specifically for support classes. At some point when talking about changes to the reward structure, the designers talked about increasing the rewards for support roles. That hasn't happened yet, as we all know. In this context, it perhaps could have been something like kill 50 players or do x many heals/cleanses/strips.

• Like 2

Who is this weekly achievement actually for? because it certainly isnt for players who like wvw but can only commit to getting silver each week due to time constraints, and if it was for vets it would give a currency they actually need. You cannot knock out these achievements in the time it takes to get to silver, the requirements are too high.

So this weekly likely doesnt appeal to anyone I suspect, hell i couldn't even get into EB for several weeks due to queuing and good luck getting 5 keeps if you are red team and are getting double teamed until the middle of the night.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

37 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

That's not what I said, don't try to frame it like I did.

But that's what you said in your reply to me: "tag some passingby zerg fights", "keeps ... You don't need to join a squad just kill a guard and wait till it eventually flips lol."
You suggest to follow the zerg, leech on what they do, by just kill a (random) guard while they take the keep and profit from their doing with the minimum effort (The only thing missing is the suggestion to get back to spawn to wait in a safe spot).
Isn't that exactly the behaviour dedicated WvW don't want the PvE/more casual players to show? THAT is nurtured by the way the reward structure is set up (+ that it also favours the zerg and omits all "defense" events).

So when an enemy zerg comes pounding on YOUR objective you don't bother touching them? because it's "leeching"? You never do pug cloud defense? you never touch the enemy when your side has a group engaged with them? If you don't want to "steal" kills from other players then tough luck for you 10 kills a day roamer. I'll tell you something, No one gives a kitten about extra damage/cc being thrown into a group of enemies from randoms around them, because in the end it helps them all the same, they just don't want you dying around them and rallying the enemy.
Ain't nothing wrong with killing guards to keep your participation up, or get credit for something you might not be there for, cause you know sometimes there's multiple things happening on a map so you might be elsewhere responding to it.

JFC you guys are coming up with some bottom of the barrel level complaints for these weeklies.

Omg they don't have support weeklies!

Omg they don't have defense weeklies!

Omg they have kill 50 players, help I can't throw an aoe cause I'm leeching!

I'll tell you what we want, active players, not lazy bums sitting back on their recliners pretending to scout and afk repair a wall every 10 mins.

20 minutes ago, Chichimec.9364 said:

Hmm, let me try to clarify what I meant. I wasn't trying to say that support classes won't be able to do the achievements. As you pointed out, they can get 6/7 achievements. My disappointment was that there were no rewards specifically for support classes. At some point when talking about changes to the reward structure, the designers talked about increasing the rewards for support roles. That hasn't happened yet, as we all know. In this context, it perhaps could have been something like kill 50 players or do x many heals/cleanses/strips.

They don't even have support dailies why would they have weeklies which are based off the dailies?

The extra rewards for support will most likely come through increasing support heal/boon/cleanse participation in tagging credit in fights, not from extra achievements. In any case I don't think there should be more rewards for support and groups, they already operate at a huge advantage, more so when they stack numbers and support spam.

18 minutes ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

Who is this weekly achievement actually for? because it certainly isnt for players who like wvw but can only commit to getting silver each week due to time constraints, and if it was for vets it would give a currency they actually need. You cannot knock out these achievements in the time it takes to get to silver, the requirements are too high.

So this weekly likely doesnt appeal to anyone I suspect, hell i couldn't even get into EB for several weeks due to queuing and good luck getting 5 keeps if you are red team and are getting double teamed until the middle of the night.

Appeals to players who want extra gold or still upgrading to wvw legendaries, through game play they already do on a regular basis. These achievements are pretty light when you spread them over 7 days.

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Confused 7

38 minutes ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

These aren't bad. Was going to recommend that the Warclaw Blessing takes less time to apply to help people without mounts but we can see if the range works out. Might need both changes in the end but will have to test. 

Helping out the Earth Champ makes sense since its already the easiest of three keeps to attack.

I don't use minis and its been requested a numbers of times but would expect both happy peeps and some fallout over the weekend. Will miss tracking those stealthed peeps as we watch their minis run off following them along. If it adds some performance all the better. 

Yeah I forgot to highlight some of the other stuff, they finally fixed earth lord. I did miss the warclaw blessing upgrade, good change.

I'm still kinda laughing over this though...

while taking care to not take the fun (or the teeth) out of objective defense

🤭

Speaking of performance, pretty sure I finally fixed mines, that weird stutter lag I use to get after an hour of zerg fights. I finally went and did a bunch of things to see if I could fix it and seems to be, plus runs better now! woohoo!

Kitten Grimm wasn't expecting you to confuzzle this post. 😉

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Confused 5

Appeals to players who want extra gold or still upgrading to wvw legendaries, through game play they already do on a regular basis. These achievements are pretty light when you spread them over 7 days.

I already stated MOST casuals who are not hard core vets will not get beyond Silver each week, and if you are spending 7 days in wvw you are NOT a casual -the rewards seem to be directed at casuals, yet the requirements are way to high and i know this because i get silver every  damned week so i k now whats possible.

Stand down with the White Knighting for Gods sakes, and show some respect for someone who IS a casual but commited enough to do it every week -  these requirements are not doable in the time it takes to get to silver and if you get Gold or above every week you are not a casual. Dont bother replying to me

• Like 10
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

I already stated MOST casuals who are not hard core vets will not get beyond Silver each week, and if you are spending 7 days in wvw you are NOT a casual -the rewards seem to be directed at casuals, yet the requirements are way to high and i know this because i get silver every  damned week so i k now whats possible.

Stand down with the White Knighting for Gods sakes, and show some respect for someone who IS a casual but commited enough to do it every week -  these requirements are not doable in the time it takes to get to silver and if you get Gold or above every week you are not a casual. Dont bother replying to me

Let me ask you a question.

Why would completing weekly for 35 tickets bother you when you leave 283+ tickets on the table every week because you don't play beyond silver anyways?

The reward is an optional bonus for everyone, it's not "just" for casuals.

P.S white knighting for anet... oh lord... if only you knew me, you wouldn't make that bad assumption. 🤭

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

43 minutes ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

This isn't meant in any antagonistic way, but I think it's worth realizing that "casual" means entirely different things to different players. Some disconnect stems from that.
I consider myself pretty casual in general, though I've been doing WvW every week for a few months now. Most weeks I get to Gold or Platinum. When I was on  vacation I did manage to complete diamond. But that takes a lot of time for newer players and is frankly out of reach (I think) for most that aren't much higher rank.
I'm still at work, so haven't gotten to log in yet. But I think the weekly requirements look doable. At the very least, several of them should be easy enough. And I'm under the impression we will get tickets for each one completed. So that's still some extra reward, even if you don't get to do all 6-7.
This "solution" won't make anyone happy. But if you were playing WvW for fun then it's a (very) minor bump in incoming gold/tickets. I don't think this will make a huge impact for any of the various types of players in WvW.

7 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

"...it's a (very) minor bump in incoming gold/tickets. I don't think this will make a huge impact for any of the various types of players in WvW."

This isn't meant in any antagonistic way, but I think it's worth realizing that "casual" means entirely different things to different players. Some disconnect stems from that.
I consider myself pretty casual in general, though I've been doing WvW every week for a few months now. Most weeks I get to Gold or Platinum. When I was on  vacation I did manage to complete diamond. But that takes a lot of time for newer players and is frankly out of reach (I think) for most that aren't much higher rank.
I'm still at work, so haven't gotten to log in yet. But I think the weekly requirements look doable. At the very least, several of them should be easy enough. And I'm under the impression we will get tickets for each one completed. So that's still some extra reward, even if you don't get to do all 6-7.
This "solution" won't make anyone happy. But if you were playing WvW for fun then it's a (very) minor bump in incoming gold/tickets. I don't think this will make a huge impact for any of the various types of players in WvW.

Then why bother with it? 

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 1

Just now, kash.9213 said:

Then why bother with it? 

Me or anet?
For them, I don't know. Given how abysmal rewards are in WvW as is, maybe they think this is a generous gift to players. From memory, without accounting for clovers the highest reward track is about 19g. And that takes 8 hours? (4 hours with boosters). So 8g is a huge increase in that sense. It just doesn't take into account that rewards were pathetic to begin with.
For me, it will be a slight buff to rewards for things I'm doing anyways. Not game changing in the least.

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Let me ask you a question.

Why would completing weekly for 35 tickets bother you when you leave 283+ tickets on the table every week because you don't play beyond silver anyways?

You are not being serious are you? the whole point of this weekly introduction is to help players who cannot play enough time to get the full tickets quota. You are asking why he is bothered that he has to play more like a hard core player to get the extra tickets when he is unable to get enough tickets in the first place?  I am in a WvW guild, only the ones playing all the time get Plat/Diamond and they do not need the tickets but they will be the ones getting these weekly achievements done, not the people who need the tickets.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Having the get six or go home is a bit rough. big servers that steam roll all three maps its a gift they will already be achieving. Small servers and roamers already had a tough time this gives them nothing. Perhaps 2, 4,6 with the rewards split might be a better idea?

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

Me or anet?
For them, I don't know. Given how abysmal rewards are in WvW as is, maybe they think this is a generous gift to players. From memory, without accounting for clovers the highest reward track is about 19g. And that takes 8 hours? (4 hours with boosters). So 8g is a huge increase in that sense. It just doesn't take into account that rewards were pathetic to begin with.
For me, it will be a slight buff to rewards for things I'm doing anyways. Not game changing in the least.

If the gold and can be earned up to 8 gold and whatever and not just all of it if you hit the achievement mark before the deadline that's fine but not great. If all of that is a kind of package for completion, then that deadline is going to push more blob play to hit gates and walls.

Edited by kash.9213
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, kash.9213 said:

If the gold and can be earned up to 8 gold and whatever and not just all of it if you hit the achievement mark before the deadline that's fine. If all of that is a kind of package for completion, then that deadline is going to push more blob play to hit gates and walls.

I think that's exactly the kind of gameplay it will push. I haven't gotten to check it out yet, but I'm under the impression that it's 8g for the meta-achievement. and 5 tickets per smaller one? Maybe someone who has access to in game now can confirm that.

• Like 1

Just now, Honkytonk.5362 said:

You are not being serious are you? the whole point of this weekly introduction is to help players who cannot play enough time to get the full tickets quota. You are asking why he is bothered that he has to play more like a hard core player to get the extra tickets when he is unable to get enough tickets in the first place?

You are not being serious are you?

Because no where in anet's blog or patch notes does it state this was a change for casuals, you just assumed it's for you, but there's plenty of veterans who could use the extra tickets and gold.

New Weekly Achievements

We’re adding a set of weekly achievements that reward players for active and positive contribution to World vs. World—for example, capturing objectives, taking down dolyaks, and defeating enemy players. Completing these achievements each week will reward players with 8 gold and up to 35 additional WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets (a ~10% increase in max weekly tickets). The weekly gold reward will only require completion of six out of seven of the achievements to give players flexibility in how they complete the weekly meta-achievement.

1. Make WvW more rewarding to play with a focus on active participation.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

1 minute ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Because no where in anet's blog or patch notes does it state this was a change for casuals, you just assumed it's for you, but there's plenty of veterans who could use the extra tickets and gold.

I am not a casual by the usual metrics I suspect, so no I did not assume it was for me. It is clear it is for casuals because the reward contains tickets. And if you continue to claim hard core players need tickets or getting these tickets is easy for casuals you are obviously more interested in arguing with people who have concerns over using resources and time to put this in game as it is, rather than constructive discussion. Putting down the opinions of casuals who are needed in WvW and make up around 50% of my Guild is very much elitist jerk territory

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1

I think people here are forgetting the true reward of the weekly chest, addressing so many concerns WvW players have had for so long: the weekly achievement rewards resonating slivers.

Resonating. Slivers.

Is this just game changing stuff, or are we into literal genre changing at this point?

• Haha 6

18 minutes ago, Honkytonk.5362 said:

I am not a casual by the usual metrics I suspect, so no I did not assume it was for me. It is clear it is for casuals because the reward contains tickets. And if you continue to claim hard core players need tickets or getting these tickets is easy for casuals you are obviously more interested in arguing with people who have concerns over using resources and time to put this in game as it is, rather than constructive discussion. Putting down the opinions of casuals who are needed in WvW and make up around 50% of my Guild is very much elitist jerk territory

That's a whole lot of nope.

• Confused 4

2 hours ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

I was wondering the exact same, the hardcore will get these just by playing, sure (regardless of whether they need the Skirmish Tickets or not) but as someone who actually does just get Silver each week due to time constraints I doubt I'll get them. I certainly don't flip 15 camps or 10 towers or whatever during those 2-3 hours.

Currently my long term WvW goal is getting Legendary equipment. With Silver per week it's going to be years to get a set of armour. More Skirmish Tickets are definitely welcome by me but I don't think I'll get these done in my 2 or so hours a week. I originally thought these achievements would be gimmes, relatively quick ones designed to entice players to play two or three hours by making those kind of rewards seem more accessible.

I wonder who they designed this for but I'll have to see in a week or two. I normally play Sunday night, if I find myself with say 7 camps or Dolyaks after that then maybe I'll be enticed to do more over the week.

I wonder if making these into repeatable achievements that carried the totals from week to week would have had a better idea? Some players will blitz through these in no time (but they could limit it to max once per week) while others might do them over multiple weeks. They could get rid of the weekly "meta" achievement and split the 8 gold up amongst each individual one. Of course then they won't get that FOMO going!

• Like 5
  • Confused 1