WvW weekly achievement and siege updates inc

Infusion.7149

8 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Update:
Achievement is now ingame.
6 of 7 possible weeklies are required,
Weekly 6/7 rewards Transcendent Chest of Knowledge and 8g

* 1 Stonemist cap  --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 50 enemy kills   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 5 keeps   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 10 towers   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 15 camps   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 15 dolyak kills   --- Transcendent chest (exotic)
* 5 ruins    --- Transcendent chest (exotic)

Note the transcendent chest has skirmish claim tickets (except the weekly 6/7 one)

thanks missed that 6 probably not but 4 doable and its 20 tickets more than before

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pifil.5193 said:

I was wondering the exact same, the hardcore will get these just by playing, sure (regardless of whether they need the Skirmish Tickets or not) but as someone who actually does just get Silver each week due to time constraints I doubt I'll get them. I certainly don't flip 15 camps or 10 towers or whatever during those 2-3 hours.

Currently my long term WvW goal is getting Legendary equipment. With Silver per week it's going to be years to get a set of armour. More Skirmish Tickets are definitely welcome by me but I don't think I'll get these done in my 2 or so hours a week. I originally thought these achievements would be gimmes, relatively quick ones designed to entice players to play two or three hours by making those kind of rewards seem more accessible.

I wonder who they designed this for but I'll have to see in a week or two. I normally play Sunday night, if I find myself with say 7 camps or Dolyaks after that then maybe I'll be enticed to do more over the week.

I wonder if making these into repeatable achievements that carried the totals from week to week would have had a better idea? Some players will blitz through these in no time (but they could limit it to max once per week) while others might do them over multiple weeks. They could get rid of the weekly "meta" achievement and split the 8 gold up amongst each individual one. Of course then they won't get that FOMO going!

It feels like this is made as a carrot (small one at that) to try and get casuals to join hardcore WvW guilds.

Much like the turtle egg/mount was made as a carrot to try and get people into strikes. And that turned out super if you liked watching all the drama...

• Like 5

Don't think that these achs are doable in unbalanced match in normal WvW where enemy doesn't have anything better things to do than camp home towers. If you play like hour or two in day there is high chance that you don't find any zerg that can cap keep or tower. EotM is probably best place cap tower and keep if there is some players.

• Like 5

11 hours ago, Whirlygig.9685 said:

I already stated MOST casuals who are not hard core vets will not get beyond Silver each week, and if you are spending 7 days in wvw you are NOT a casual -the rewards seem to be directed at casuals, yet the requirements are way to high and i know this because i get silver every  damned week so i k now whats possible.

The requirements are fine, you have a full week to complete them. Even casuals can do that. 

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

15 hours ago, Chips.7968 said:

Don't overexaggerate, the game has changed.

overexaggerate, so you're ok with people exaggerating, just not overexaggerating...lol

15 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

Looking at my game time and game style...

* SMC cap won't happen, unless I actively join a EB-Squad on a match up, where my side is strong

* 50 enemies sounds a lot, because I don't think I will kill like 10 people a day roaming

* 5 keeps and 10 towers are probably only doable if I actively join a zerging squad

* 15 camp, 15 dollies and 5 ruins are easy
Most likely I will get 3/7 each week for how many extra skirmish tickets? 15? That is no upgrade on my WvW rewards and definitely no encouragement for anyone playing WvW that does not like zerging everything down with a stacked server. A great disappointment.

I played last night for roughly four hours and am 5/7 now. I just need one more tower and I will have completed the 6 you need for the weekly.

I'm a roamer and don't usually join squads and last night I also didn't. However, I did go along with squads left and right and helped defend keeps (50 enemies go quick then). What I also do is build siege. This way I can also take over the siege from anyone else, because it's mine. And just shootting with ACs means I damage a lot of enemies. And hey, the squad takes care of the rest, because I only need to've damaged enemies for them to count when they die.

So no need to join squads or zergs, just tag along with them. Oh and pro tip: When a zerg or squad from your side is taking a tower/keep/smc you only need to kill a guard before they cap it to get credit for it (as long as you don't zone to another map). So when roaming around, just kill guards of enemy objectives and you can get credit for caps when you're on the other side of the same map lol.

• Like 3
  • Confused 3

15 hours ago, Gorani.7205 said:

But that's what you said in your reply to me: "tag some passingby zerg fights", "keeps ... You don't need to join a squad just kill a guard and wait till it eventually flips lol."

(...)
Isn't that exactly the behaviour dedicated WvW don't want the PvE/more casual players to show? THAT is nurtured by the way the reward structure is set up (+ that it also favours the zerg and omits all "defense" events).

That was exactely the behaviour I saw last evening after the patch a lot. Players were tagging and then run away to tag somewhere else or to wait at spawn for others to flip the structures. And I also saw a lot comments of "let them capture it, then we can flip it back", especially for stonemist. I guess WvW will become now even more like EotM.

I did get my 7/7 after a few hours after the patch when I was running with a zerg (it was not a karma-train zerg, so it took longer that it had to) but I remember other, previous matchups, where 7/7 or even 6/7 would probably not been possible.

Chasing 6/7 when you are not in a zerg/wvw-guild and when your are on the wrong server and in the wrong matchup will probably take forever without leeching.

I will not chase this achievement next week, I will just ignore it. This achievement does not increase my fun playing. If I get 6/7 eventually ... fine.... if not ... I don't care.

• Like 9
  • Confused 1

Adding tiers to the weekly achievement so that if you can kill all the players, dolyaks, cap the towers, ruins and camps then you get half the rewards. That might be a good idea.
Personally I'm going to find capping the keeps and SM the hardest in a stacked match up which means for some people they will never get the weekly chest even if they spend 3 hours a day in WvW.

Really this highlights how varied WvW is and the bias of those making decisions, devs seem to only update for blobs and large scale. A map karma train will have no probs knocking most of these out in an hour or two. People who defend, keep a look out and roam, well sorry guys I guess ANet doesn't think you're trying hard enough.
Do I have a better way to reward players though? Not really, like I say WvW is extremely varied and if you reward based on time spent and minimal activity you get the weekend corner camp flipping problem. You probably need to reshape WvW entirely to be able to properly reward players who actively play it whatever vital contribution they're making.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Spring_Tournament_2014_(achievements)

For your information on the 2014 WvW Spring tournament, which after it was over Anet still considered too time demanding and taking a toll of burned out players, so they made it easier in the 2014 Fall Tournament to get the achievements. The Spring Tournament took 8 weeks, so I will break down the numbers to one week (meaning dividing necessary numbers by 8  and compare those to the "2023 weekly update".

2014 - completed meta required 10 achievements out of a possible of 17 = 59% total completion needed
2023 - weekly meta requires 6 achievements out of a possible of 7 = 86% total completion needed
2014 - Invasion Defender (Tier2) - 38 kills a week
2023 - Invasion Defender - 50 kills a week (30% more/per week)
2014 - Camps - 7.5 caps a week
2023 - Camps - 15 caps a week (100% more/per week)
2014 - Towers - 5 caps a week
2023 - Towers - 10 caps a week (100% more/per week)
2014 - Keeps - 2 caps a week
2023 - Keeps - 5 caps a week (150% more/per week)
2014 - SMC - 0.375 a week
2023 - SMC - 1 a week (266% more/per week)
2014 - Ruins - 5 caps a week
2023 - Ruins - 5 caps a week (this is the same week/cap ratio)
2014 - Dollys - 9.5 kills a week
2013 - Dollys - 15 kills a week (around 60% more/per week)

(not mentioned are 10 other 2014 achievements that could be considered "too PvE", easy and connected to EotM, and those which are included in the dailies => spending Badges, ranking up, taking sentries and defense events)

Edited by Gorani.7205
corrected typo at 2023 keeps from 250% to 150%
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Gehenna.3625 said:

overexaggerate, so you're ok with people exaggerating, just not overexaggerating...lol

I played last night for roughly four hours and am 5/7 now. I just need one more tower and I will have completed the 6 you need for the weekly.

I'm a roamer and don't usually join squads and last night I also didn't. However, I did go along with squads left and right and helped defend keeps (50 enemies go quick then). What I also do is build siege. This way I can also take over the siege from anyone else, because it's mine. And just shootting with ACs means I damage a lot of enemies. And hey, the squad takes care of the rest, because I only need to've damaged enemies for them to count when they die.

So no need to join squads or zergs, just tag along with them. Oh and pro tip: When a zerg or squad from your side is taking a tower/keep/smc you only need to kill a guard before they cap it to get credit for it (as long as you don't zone to another map). So when roaming around, just kill guards of enemy objectives and you can get credit for caps when you're on the other side of the same map lol.

When I was logged on last night no keeps and almost no towers were being taken by anyone and that was our prime time. 

1 hour ago, Gorani.7205 said:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Spring_Tournament_2014_(achievements)

For your information on the 2014 WvW Spring tournament, which after it was over Anet still considered too time demanding and taking a toll of burned out players, so they made it easier in the 2014 Fall Tournament to get the achievements. The Spring Tournament took 8 weeks, so I will break down the numbers to one week (meaning dividing necessary numbers by 8  and compare those to the "2023 weekly update".

2014 - completed meta required 10 achievements out of a possible of 17 = 59% total completion needed
2023 - weekly meta requires 6 achievements out of a possible of 7 = 86% total completion needed
2014 - Invasion Defender (Tier2) - 38 kills a week
2023 - Invasion Defender - 50 kills a week (30% more/per week)
2014 - Camps - 7.5 caps a week
2023 - Camps - 15 caps a week (100% more/per week)
2014 - Towers - 5 caps a week
2023 - Towers - 10 caps a week (100% more/per week)
2014 - Keeps - 2 caps a week
2023 - Keeps - 5 caps a week (250% more/per week)
2014 - SMC - 0.375 a week
2023 - SMC - 1 a week (266% more/per week)
2014 - Ruins - 5 caps a week
2023 - Ruins - 5 caps a week (this is the same week/cap ratio)
2014 - Dollys - 9.5 kills a week
2013 - Dollys - 15 kills a week (around 60% more/per week)

(not mentioned are 10 other 2014 achievements that could be considered "too PvE", easy and connected to EotM, and those which are included in the dailies => spending Badges, ranking up, taking sentries and defense events)

4.5 hours to complete the new weekly achievement camps and yaks under two hours, kills in SMC fight along with cap, monuments just do a lap and done.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

I played for a few hours last night (2.5?) and I'm at: 3/6

I completed Yaks, Camps and Ruins. Camps and Yaks were on our home map with one of the teams doing circles around our keep and me a a few others following a minutes or 2 behind recapturing. It was some of the most tedious and uninspiring WvW gameplay I've done yet. No player kills. Just us playing merry go round with our camps. There would have been no benefit to heading them off since we both needed the camp caps.
Towers weren't being capped much (think I got 1). Got 1 keep. SMC didn't happen. And I'm about halfway through player kills.

• Like 1

I played mostly on desert home bl last night in prime time for about 3 hours, got kills in the first 30mins, got ruins(shrines don't seem to count), yaks, keeps done. 13/15 camps, 6/10 towers, no smc. Wasn't in a squad, ran along home zerg a few times for zerg defenses and keep takes, even capped earth keep with just 2 other people that did all the work busting in and killing lord lol.

🤷‍♂️

It's confusing to get confused emotes to a straightforward post about what I did. 🤭🍿

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

As someone still working on my legendaries collections I appreciate the extra Skirmish tickets. The 8g will be fine but mostly pointless. This incentivized very boring gameplay. I should have Warbringer next week though. So that's nice. With only 2(-ish) days left, I don't know how far I will get on chests (I think I got through Gold now), but completing the weeklies shouldn't be too difficult overall.
This has been very "meh" and not a huge QoL improvement.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

29 minutes ago, idpersona.3810 said:

As someone still working on my legendaries collections I appreciate the extra Skirmish tickets. The 8g will be fine but mostly pointless. This incentivized very boring gameplay. I should have Warbringer next week though. So that's nice. With only 2(-ish) days left, I don't know how far I will get on chests (I think I got through Gold now), but completing the weeklies shouldn't be too difficult overall.
This has been very "meh" and not a huge QoL improvement.

Weeklies don't reset until sunday....

edit oh you mean skirmish...

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Weeklies don't reset until sunday....

Oh, I realize that. That part was specific to how far I'm getting on chests. Ive got another 2.5 days for chests. 
Separately, the weekly tickets shouldn't end up being too hard to get.
The weird split might work out well I think. At least if you end up with a bad matchup you can still try and get some of them done halfway through after Friday. 

Well, I switched from a support build to a dps build, and in 2 hours & 45 minutes of ppt play, I completed 5 of the 7  weekly achievements. All I need to get the 8 gold is to cap either 3 camps or 3 ruins and I expect to complete both of those tomorrow. The reward track potions are a nice little bonus as they speed up getting clovers from the reward tracks a bit. Since I've already gotten all the WvW leggies, the extra skirmish tickets don't do much for me but others in our squad do appreciate them.

Our squad tried the buffed up door pulling with warclaws a couple of times but it still seemed too slow and too supply expensive in comparison to rams. I didn't notice anything of significance with the changes to siege equipment or supply rates but those may have a more subtle, long term effect. People with better strategic mindsets than mine will have to give feedback on how those changes play out.

16 hours ago, Junkpile.7439 said:

Yes capping stuff is easy with blob. Good old days we capped everything in eb, then we capped everything in three borderlands. We mastered karma training in WvW and moved in EotM kill some harder keep champs. 😎

This is a plain lie, you're SFR, you had 50 man queues every border! 😄 
I still remember the day I was going around EotM with a karma train to level up and some guy from SFR was in queue hoping to get in for his guild raid in several hours.
I really miss those days.