If A SoloQ Player Can't Hit Top 25, Just Throw The Whole Thing Away

Saiyan.1704

3 hours ago, Saiyan.1704 said:

I've been top 250 for 5 straight seasons, while occasionally hitting top 100 but that's all about game grinding... not everyone is a PvP no-lifer bot like myself lol (currently sitting at over 560 games played  hitting Plat over and over again)

All of that is besides the point though. I'm talking about rating manipulation; players deliberately causing unfair matches. You're right that it's a small group of players but it's a small population as well... they literally effect 20% of the leaderboards lol.

Lol I just realized I have played with you a few times.

Hmm I guess if there is 2-3 plat games every 15 minutes then there is a good chance for match manipulation. Honestly, I have just never seen it. Not one of last 200 games has anyone just afk'd in the base for win trading.

Edited by Mell.4873

34 minutes ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Isn't Boyce solo queueing every single time?

Dude most of these streamers all help each other to stay on top. It's pretty obvious what's going on. This is why they queue dodge each other and take turns running their streams instead of all running their streams at the same time, because when one or two is streaming, the others are all on alts to support. This is why in between queues they sit for odd amounts of time and run around slapping golems talking about random topics before going back into queue. Who does that? They are queue dodging and waiting for synchs to line back up. Watching what's going on in their discord on the 2nd monitor. This is why in ranked queues you get queue pop it declines goes back into queue pops declines, pops again and finally accepts, but in unranked it just pops and everyone accepts 99/100 times, because there is a lot of synch queues in ranked.

I'm not saying that Boyce or some of these other guys aren't some of the best players in the game, but it is simply impossible to play at those margins for solo or even duo queues with the current state things are in, without some form of manipulation. If they were getting the same kinds of games that the rest of us get, whether it be because we are being thrown on or just bad algorithm functions, there is NO WAY they would maintain those margins. Absolutely no way, and I'll explain to you why.

1. I'll be down in G2 or G3 getting the sweatiest matches imaginable, where I am generating 2 kills once per 30s to 60s intervals. I'll be winning 1v2s consistently while defending the node I am at, but wherever I am NOT at, my team perpetually loses every node. They never decap, never hold, never attempt full caps, hell sometimes it's like they refuse to go to the nodes in general. They explode and die on impact each and every time they even touch combat. You can actually watch the party UI and see these people die, go into respawn, come off respawn and instantly die again in under 10s. I will often do not die even once in these matches, but regardless of how hard I play, it is impossible to win a game by holding only one node. If your team cannot pull its weight where you are not at, they lose the other 2 nodes and no matter what you do or how strong you are, you will lose the game. And this isn't even mentioning the strangely frequent amount of DCs and AFKs that I see on my teams early into the match lately. I'm talking like we are losing 80 to 100 so some guy says "GG" and then goes and AFKs. <- This is happening an awful lot in NA all of a sudden. The point being in mentioning this, is that you can't carry a game harder than what I've described here. There simply are limitations in the game engine with your ICDs, that limits the amount of DPS you can throw out for kills, the amount of heal/defensing you can cycle, and the amount of mobility skills you can use to rotate to nodes to save them before decaps. If I were to stream these matches for you, and I probably will after writing this, you'll see that these matches are so unusually abstractly sweaty for G2-G3 play, that to win these kids of impossible to carry matches, I would need to somehow be generating roughly 4 kills per 30s - 60s to padden up the enemy offense enough to where my PUGs don't constantly die and to alleviate their pressure on nodes, and I would need like 1/4th the ICD time on my mobility skills to be able to rotate quickly enough to even be able to tag 4 kills per 30s to 60s intervals. This is simply unrealistic to play through. No class or player on any stream is doing that, yet you will visibly see the kinds of matches I more often than not get, are somehow demanding that I do this down in G2. The ultimate point to be made here, is that you will clearly see when I stream this for example, that I am not losing because I am being outplayed, I am losing these matches because I very seriously don't have a team. whether they are throwing on purpose or I am being stacked with new players, whatever is going on, I simply don't have a team.
  2. Fast forward to the usual streamers. Let's focus on the ones who have been caught and publicly exposed. You'll see that they are not getting matches like this. This is because their crews are the ones creating those matches. You can see that none of these streamers ever have teams where if you look at the party UI, their PUGs are permanently cycling on respawn every 20s, every single PUG cycling a death every 20s-30s or so. It never happens. You don't see these streamers mulching through 4 players per 30s to 60s intervals 1v5ing the map and defending 2 nodes entirely by themselves. It never happens. Somehow they are playing 400 to 500 rating higher than I am but getting easier matches. What you do see, is that even when they are caught up in a difficult elongated 1v1 on a side node, their teams are always capable of holding/decaping/winning combats where they are not at. I stress again, these streamers ARE NOT getting the same kinds of garbage throw games that the rest of us are getting. You'll see in their games, even if they are losing by a bit, usually about half way through the match, MYSETERIOUSLY the other team seems to forget how to play during the last half of the match and there is this unusual momentum shift where the streamer's team comes back from the grave and wins. And it's important to point out that it isn't just that streamer who's pulling some kind of God Tier play. No, it's his whole team just suddenly simultaneously begins winning everywhere around the map. Those kinds of sudden comeback from the grave momentum shifts are very rare to ever see in real matches, but you see it very often in their streams.
  3. If you play a lot of ATs against these players, you'd notice a few things. First of all, what I notice from my point of view is that I can side node and equal these players in say a 1v1, vs. any of them on anything that isn't an Ele right now, and I'll have least a 50% win rate or better against even the best Spellbreakers & Vindicators. Many of the supposed top players who play things other than those 3 classes, straight up avoid me in 1v1 situations. The point in bring this up, and it's a good one so pay attention, is that I am a G2 G3 player nowadays. I am a G2 G3 player that these players avoid or go and die to in 1v1 situations in AT 5 man premade matches. If I was on a node defending against one of these players and @Saiyan.1704 another G3 player showed up to + me, that supposed top player would immediately leave and if he didn't, he would die in under 10s. HOWEVER, on their streams, they are often going up against a bunch of other weird accounts that no one knows who are also in G2 G3, but for some reason those players rarely ever manage to kill the top player. In fact, you'll often see the top player kiting 4 of these guys around as if it were easy to do with absolutely no risk of kill threat. -- That Does Not Make Sense -- So either those players in their games are theatrically sand bagging for them or due to low populaton, they are executing an exceedingly efficient campaign of alt throwing to keep stronger players rode way down the rating margins. Any way you look at it, none of it makes any sense outside of the obvious, which I am explaining to you here in this post. Furthermore I would to state that if you played a lot of ATs, you'd notice that a solid P1-P2 LFG team vs. a sold Gold All Welcome group, has a very realistic organic FEEL to the flow of the match, when 5 players are trying vs. 5 players who are actually trying without throwing. Even though it is a lopsided AT match where the Plat is obviously going to win, there is that FEEL where you can see and you know that the Golds are trying hard. It is likely the Plat team will win something like 500 to 100. But if you compare that organic try hard flow in AT games to a 500 to 100 loss in ranked, is when you really start to notice the purposeful throw moves being performed that are too stupid to be real play, to be able to simulate a match so lopsided in ranked, that it looks like the results of a P2 vs. all welcome AT match. <- I mean that's pretty kitten lopsided for a ranked mode that has an algorithm aimed to balance matches. Ya'all need to consider what's really going on here.

But all else aside, I do have to say that I have been scouting all of this for 10 years now and pointing out in the forum that it is happening. There are always those who say "that's conspiracy" or those who are participating in it who try to throw blanket statements to act like it isn't happening, but lo & behold, every single thing I ever pointed out, was eventually exposed and proven to be 100% true and usually a lot deeper & more corrupt than even I had estimated.

I'm pointing out again, after viewing certain trends in strangely lopsided matches, that it doesn't feel like just classic win trading anymore. I'm calling it now, and I wonder how long it'll be before it's exposed, but I'm nearly 100% convinced at this point that somehow someone has figured out access into tinkering with matchmaking directly. What I mean is, like in custom arenas when you as an admin can swap players between RED and BLUE before the match starts. There are waaaaaaay too many strangely strangely lopsided matches occurring where we see like: RED g3 g2 g2 g1 s3 vs BLUE (plat duo) p1 p1 g3 g3. Like I'm not talking estimations here. I'm talking all of these accounts are actually on the leaderboards and you can view this and see that the match is incredibly lopsided to the point that it looks like someone was in a custom arena and just shuffled every higher MMR/Rating onto their own team and hit start match.

I stress again, whatever is going on, it's happening way too often for it to be a coincidence. You don't believe me? After 10 years of me being 100% accurate in everything I ever pointed out you still don't want to listen? Just start paying attention to it for yourself. There is something very deeply corrupt & wrong with this match making lately.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

7 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

There was nothing blasphemous about that. It was simply an idea that was disliked by the majority and therefore could not work. 

I was moreso talking about the comment I linked therein, not the entire poll itself.

But apparently calling that blasphemy is mean, and really very serious, heinous offense worth deducting -20 good boy tokens from my account for. Permanently. So if this was the goal, i'm pleased to announce: We did it reddit.

This could be the last time we ever speak, so we've got to make this count before they come for me.

Spoken by the faithless? Is this some sort of religion now? Just because I have no other solution for solo queue does not mean I hold any contempt for solo queue players. Solo queue is in a really bad spot right now and I simply do not have a solution for it. The current format is exactly what fosters the incredible amount of toxicity that currently plagues it. The only way that someone who is known for constantly botting, afk'ing, trolling, or berating other teammates could ever find other players to accept them on their team is if that team had no control over it. This is how the current system works. In a team queue that formed groups using lfg, these toxic players would eventually find their selves blocked by many people and would not be willingly accepted onto teams, thus eliminating this overly toxic portion of the PvP player base. 

Just faith in general. This community needs more of it. It could be in anything. A person, a deity, an object of belief, doesn't matter. These people have nothing to believe in, and therefore lack the conviction to support any sort of change that doesn't benefit anyone but themselves.

Seek repentance and earn forgiveness before the hour of judgement. To even attempt this pilgrimage is a humble act of modesty, strength, and certainty. 🙏

However, the issue with that is the majority of the player base simply wants a solo queue system that allows them to quickly spam games back to back. They also want this in a ranked mode with a leaderboard in place, and they are willing to sacrifice some loss in the quality of matches in order to have all of this. So based on that, solo ranked queue has to stay. Also, we know that a split queue system cannot exist due to the population. The majority of players have already shown that given an option that is quick and easy with lower match quality, and an option that requires a bit more work but with higher match quality, they are going to go with the fast and easy option. 

Now a bit of a disclaimer, there isn't anything wrong with them taking the fast and easy option. That is simply a preference that is held by the majority of GW2 players. In fact, in any game or aspect of life, people will often opt for the faster and easier way of doing something so long as the price paid for that convenience is not too steep. The price being paid here is the facilitation of toxic players and the decline in match quality. Also note that match quality is subjective, and my comparison is based on the general quality of matches I have experienced in solo queue vs automated tournaments. There are of course great matches to be had in solo queue, just as there are horrible matches to be had in ATs. Generally speaking however, matches between what feels to be two coordinated and evenly matched teams happen far more prominently in ATs. 

Now, since solo ranked queue must stay and split queues cannot exist, my primary focus for an enjoyable PvP experience with friends is ATs. The major downside to ATs however is that you can only play in them once every 3 hours. This makes it difficult for people trying to find a time in a possibly limited schedule that they can all play together, and even if they do manage to all find a AT time that works for them, it is so short live that is essentially like getting together to do Fractal dailies then logging off for the day. ATs cannot run constanly though, because if it essentially becomes a team queue then we run into the problem of split queues again. What would be nice is if ATs could at least run every hour or so while being able to provide enough of an incentive for people to participate in hourly tournaments. The fact that ATs are not always available is what allows them to exist alongside solo queue, and I think it is a great idea considering the team queue population is so small. I also see plenty of groups forming in chat and lfg simply to participate for the 5 gold, and possibly more if they make it higher. In my time playing ATs, I have never ran into one of these participation groups that did not try to win. They do not simply join for the 5 gold and afk, they join knowing they will get at least 5 gold for participating, and then put in an effort to obtain more by lasting longer in the tournament. So the system in place for ATs has some solid groundwork, it just needs more refining.

As for the solo queue, if it is going to be a solo queue then it needs to be just that, a solo queue. Honestly, even though I enjoy being able to play a game mode that I like with my friends, having a duo queue inside the solo queue does not make much sense and does facilitate the match manipulation that currently exists. I do not know the best solutions to improve the quality of solo queue in its current state, but some good first steps would be to remove duo queue and increase Anet oversight in the game mode. As I've stated, the solo queue format allows toxic players to run rampant if there is no proper moderation in place. I'm sure everyone has run into these toxic players and despite numerous reports, they are still there ruining matches for people every day. If Anet were capable of dedicating some people to moderating ranked PvP to ensure people are not abusing the solo queue, then that would do a lot of good for the game mode. Sadly, I'm not too confident on how feasible such a task would actually be for the Anet staff. 

Honestly, I have very little to comment this. This was well-thought out, and well-said and I couldn't find anything I specifically disagree with.

The final paragraph is the ultimate truth, and understanding of that truth would lead to significantly less suffering in Ranked and might even serve to cut down the amount of passive-aggressive hatred present here on our own forum. Just free the SoloQs to play SoloQ with other SoloQs if they want to.

If you enjoy teams, this is not a bad thing. That's great actually, we need more community interaction like that. If SoloQ existed without slimy wintraders that don't even play how they play telling them how they're allowed to queue, that would be lovely. Live, and let live and let faith in the nerf father warm your soul.

We already do this in ATs with no issue and have great matches. If you enjoy solo queue there is nothing wrong with that, but making up silly things about team queue is kind of ridiculous. Go play ATs some time if you ever get curious as to how it all works.

Again, 10-year veteran. I've played plenty of ATs, although I don't even know if you can count some of them as playing, as when I joined the last one, absolutely nobody on the enemy team ever even left spawn.

An "AFK" AT I was told. Apparently pretty common over there.

I'll be sticking to SoloQ where I don't have to wait 30 minutes to witness some weird, demonic gold-farming ritual tyvm

Edited by Multicolorhipster.9751
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Engal.6359 said:

I hit top 25 this season on Druid, it's totally possible if you're good and can deal with the kitten that is ranked.

You hit top 25 this season as a Druid. 👏 🥳

Everyone should now note that they didn't specify SoloQ or DuoQ because it was probably DuoQ. There is no way to confirm for sure unless they stream like 100% of their games like Boyce does.

6 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

Isn't Boyce solo queueing every single time?

Speaking of, here's another anecdote.

Make no mistake, these anecdotes aren't made to inspire. They are made to gloat. Anyone who says something like this hates SoloQ and is an enemy of the revolution.

Mind you, getting to the top of the LB Solo is still a difficult, bordering on impossible task for anyone who isn't a god gamer like Boyce or fan favorite: this guy. Apparently since 1 or 2 top players can almost(Not actually, but almost) make top 25 SoloQ that's evidence enough to believe that every SoloQ could and should compete on the same level.

Nevermind that someone could always just not SoloQ and selectively make Ranked easier for themselves. We have two different games being played under one gamemode and people expect Soloq; the difficult, entirely at the mercy of RNG option to compete and be ranked under the same metric as DuoQ; the easier option, with objectively more control over the matchmaker than Soloq.

SoloQ-hating slackers begone 👺👉🔥

• Like 5

52 minutes ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

There is no way to confirm for sure unless they stream like 100% of their games like Boyce does

That's far from any confirmation of anything.

One the absolute biggest excuses I repeatedly hear from the cartel is "I streamed that game."

As if they didn't have their 2nd or 3rd PC screen loaded with 3rd party communication like Discord.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

One the absolute biggest excuses I repeatedly hear from the cartel is "I streamed that game."

As if they didn't have their 2nd or 3rd PC screen loaded with 3rd party communication like Discord.

As far as I know Boyce sells titles in his spare time.

Plenty of good players out there doesn’t mean they don’t help wintrade

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

As far as I know Boyce sells titles in his spare time.

Plenty of good players out there doesn’t mean they don’t help wintrade

Yeah, a lot of people think the EU players are clean.

The only difference between the EU win traders and the NA win traders is the EU win traders were a bit wiser and didn't allow themselves to obtain public exposure so easily.

Btw, here's a short a stream where I talk about this kitten while demonstrating a few janky NA matchups. I actually streamed for like 4 extra hours than this, but I mysteriously began enduring a magnificient amount of random DCs to interrupt my stream as soon as certain streamers came into my channel and noticed I was discussing match manipulation. That actually happened. So what is shown here is the first run of it before the DCs began.

-> Twitch

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

51 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

You're probably right on that and I wouldn't put it past the psychopaths to fake getting into the top 25 as a SoloQ by any means necessary.

They are obsessed enough with getting clout and with hating SoloQ & any form of fair competition to where its safe to say they would go to any measure to prove how good they are at this dead gamemode.

And if any wintraders happen to be reading this; dailies took 1 hour today, and the queues were each nearly 10 mins long. Unranked, at reset. Soon; very soon, if not already they are going to run out of people to attempt to impress.

"Oh, there'll be some amazing salt. I can't wait." 😄

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

I don't know what anyone is talking about. Win trading is a very small part of the community (like one discord group)

It really doesn't affect people as much as they make it out to be. It just feels real bad when it does happen so it sticks.

I solo queued the last 5v5 season and peaked at like top 25, finished around 50 or so, and all I did was spam games as Condi Zerk. I queued for legendary armor too, not like I was pushing for rating. Played like, quite literally 2 Str Spb games all season, and maaaaybe one sic em sniper game?

It's a problem, they deserve to be punished, but it's massively overblown on the forums by a bunch of people with conspiracy-theorist brain lol

• Confused 2

6 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I was moreso talking about the comment I linked therein, not the entire poll itself.

But apparently calling that blasphemy is mean, and really very serious, heinous offense worth deducting -20 good boy tokens from my account for. Permanently. So if this was the goal, i'm pleased to announce: We did it reddit.

This could be the last time we ever speak, so we've got to make this count before they come for me.

You lost me there. Not sure what you're going on about.

Just faith in general. This community needs more of it. It could be in anything. A person, a deity, an object of belief, doesn't matter. These people have nothing to believe in, and therefore lack the conviction to support any sort of change that doesn't benefit anyone but themselves.

Seek repentance and earn forgiveness before the hour of judgement. To even attempt this pilgrimage is a humble act of modesty, strength, and certainty. 🙏

🤨

Honestly, I have very little to comment this. This was well-thought out, and well-said and I couldn't find anything I specifically disagree with.

The final paragraph is the ultimate truth, and understanding of that truth would lead to significantly less suffering in Ranked and might even serve to cut down the amount of passive-aggressive hatred present here on our own forum. Just free the SoloQs to play SoloQ with other SoloQs if they want to.

If you enjoy teams, this is not a bad thing. That's great actually, we need more community interaction like that. If SoloQ existed without slimy wintraders that don't even play how they play telling them how they're allowed to queue, that would be lovely. Live, and let live and let faith in the nerf father warm your soul.

Oh, well thank you. Honestly there is no reason for solo queue and team queue to be at odds with each other, but Anet seriously needs to work on some QoL features for sPvP in general instead of always thinking a balance patch will make everything better.

Again, 10-year veteran. I've played plenty of ATs, although I don't even know if you can count some of them as playing, as when I joined the last one, absolutely nobody on the enemy team ever even left spawn.

An "AFK" AT I was told. Apparently pretty common over there.

I'll be sticking to SoloQ where I don't have to wait 30 minutes to witness some weird, demonic gold-farming ritual tyvm

That last comment was in response to the other guy. 10-year veteran here as well, not that ATs have been around that long. But I have never ran into afk AT teams. Everyone's experiences are different and perhaps I have just been lucky, but that has been my experience so far. One of my fondest PvP memories is when my friends and me went in for the 5 gold, and actually won the entire tournament. Final win came down to a stolen beast kill on Forest of Niflhel. https://i.imgur.com/EbjXcsC.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

On 1/28/2023 at 3:13 AM, Shaogin.2679 said:

If the top teams dodge each other in a match making system that actually did its job, then they would have insanely long queues or no opponents at all. 

You know a duo of 1800 rating players are being match with 1200 players in an average 6 min q right. This should take at least 15 min imo

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

5 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Oh, well thank you. Honestly there is no reason for solo queue and team queue to be at odds with each other, but Anet seriously needs to work on some QoL features for sPvP in general instead of always thinking a balance patch will make everything better.

Couldn't agree more. They're trying to please a crowd that has historically speaking; never been pleased, and ignoring completely all the QoL blockers for veteran players. There's no way to know if they even have the resources to or any intention of a PvP patch because they don't communicate with us anymore. The top slackers got DuoQ when they cried for it, they also avoided multiple bans no problem, so throw a dog a bone pls 🦴 

I apologize for any initial nastiness too. Perhaps in this one; incredibly rare occassion, I allowed my zeal to cloud my judgement.

You have to understand that 10 years is a pretty sizable chunk of my entire lifetime and having grown up with PvP, it taught me that this is how you typically greet other players:

5 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

That last comment was in response to the other guy. 10-year veteran here as well, not that ATs have been around that long. But I have never ran into afk AT teams. Everyone's experiences are different and perhaps I have just been lucky, but that has been my experience so far. One of my fondest PvP memories is when my friends and me went in for the 5 gold, and actually won the entire tournament. Final win came down to a stolen beast kill on Forest of Niflhel. https://i.imgur.com/EbjXcsC.jpg

Ah yeah pretty neat, i'm glad you beat some of those people on that enemy team as a few are traitorous heretics.

Tbf I remember ATs being a lot more fun as well and I see this whole "AFK AT" as a sign of the changing times. I'm sure it only happens in initial ATs with multiple teams involved and that it's far from common, as most people will point out here with wintrading.

Yes, it's rare to have a game actually impacted directly by wintrading, unless you get up into plat and you get them in your matches every other match 👺but really its a case of why even bother playing if people are going to wintrade and just ruin any sense of sport and competition. If you were playing casually, for rewards, then it wouldn't bother you at all and people like myself and @Trevor Boyer.6524probably sound like mad conspiracy theorists, but understand that there wouldn't be any conflict at all if Arenanet enforced the ToS that they came up with, and steps were taken to preserve the competitive integrity of at least 1 pvp gamemode. If the wintraders could no longer wintrade and had to play fairly, then we probably wouldn't even be here right now, we'd be playing the game. Or sleeping if you're a normie heretic.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

6 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

That last comment was in response to the other guy. 10-year veteran here as well, not that ATs have been around that long. But I have never ran into afk AT teams. Everyone's experiences are different and perhaps I have just been lucky,

No

This is what I'm talking about. Feedback being thrown around by players claiming to know what's going on who don't know what's going, who are throwing out nothing but misinformation.

ATs have been around half a decade now, and if you aren't running into AFK teams in NA ATs, you must not have played an AT in about 5 years because every AT that happens in NA at any point in time of day, there are like 3 or 4 AFK teams. Anyone who actually plays ATs would 150% agree with me. This isn't a debate, this is definitely actually happening and has been happening for quite some time now.

I don't want to stir arguments but it does irk me when people make statements that are entirely false.

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

Tbf I remember ATs being a lot more fun as well and I see this whole "AFK AT" as a sign of the changing times. I'm sure it only happens in initial ATs with multiple teams involved and that it's far from common, as most people will point out here with wintrading.

Come on man. I will bet you 2000g right now that if you go join the next NA AT that happens, you'll see 3+ AFK teams and you will run into at least one of them. It is not far from common, this happens every day in every AT. It's like a serious problem that everyone in the AT community has been upset with for quite some time now. It has become a real problem because it creates very boring wait times for people who are just looking for GGs.

What they are doing is AFKing to farm 5g per multi-boxed account. Five accounts = easy 26g every 3 hours, cause they also silver per match played. I had a person tell me he was making about 200g per day, 1400g per week, and 5800g per month, just by queueing into ATs and AFKing on his PC in the background. Which I'm sure they are turning that profit on paypal seeing as how these are people who don't actually play this game. I have no idea why Arenanet is allowing it to happen.

Win trading far from common? Yeah, I wish.

1 hour ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

people like myself and @Trevor Boyer.6524probably sound like mad conspiracy theorists,

For something to be a conspiracy it has to be something that is either not proven or unable to be proven.

Fortunately for this community, we have a plethora of youtube & twitch videos from reputable sources within our community that have entirely exposed these things in great detail with inarguable evidence, several several times over.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Come on man. I will bet you 2000g right now

Never 👺

Gold is the root of all evil and corruption. I still like owning things though.

-that if you go join the next NA AT that happens, you'll see 3+ AFK teams and you will run into at least one of them. It is not far from common, this happens every day in every AT. It's like a serious problem that everyone in the AT community has been upset with for quite some time now. It has become a real problem because it creates very boring wait times for people who are just looking for GGs.

What they are doing is AFKing to farm 5g per multi-boxed account. Five accounts = easy 26g every 3 hours, cause they also silver per match played. I had a person tell me he was making about 200g per day, 1400g per week, and 5800g per month, just by queueing into ATs and AFKing on his PC in the background. Which I'm sure they are turning that profit on paypal seeing as how these are people who don't actually play this game. I have no idea why Arenanet is allowing it to happen.

Well if anything my last and one of the very few ATs i've queued for serves as a testament to your point.

All they did was sit in spawn and class-swap and play with builds near spawn and when I asked wth was going on I was told "afk at"

As though i'm supposed to know what that is, and just go along with it. Not like you have much of a choice when the enemy team has just decided they aren't going to do anything. 

This is modern PvP at its finest.

Win trading far from common? Yeah, I wish.

Well I say that, but then again I haven't played Ranked since season 18 when I decided I was done with the DuoQ shenanigans. No amount of money or any earthly desire could drive me to go back there. Not until everyone is playing the same game.

So I don't really know where the population is at to determine how common wintrading would be, but you could reasonably find out with mathematics, I think. Given a rough estimate of the population and the amount of boosted accounts hogging the leaderboard. It sounds like complicated math though for a well-educated mathemagician.

@JusticeRetroHunter.7684 Can you help us?

If that doesn't work, I don't know what will.

I do pay attention to the leaderboards so that I know who to pick on and who wintrades or otherwise abuses the matchmaker with the intent of boosting an accounts W/L to like 118-2 and that's usually how you can tell who.

But I understand that's only a part of it and there's more people involved in the scheme, synching their queues, abusing every known facet of the matchmaker, this takes way more than 1 singular person to do reliably and that's why they will forever hate SoloQ, but the point being you could be right, i'm more or less just trying to explain away these harmful anecdotes.

I wish they'd take their personal anecdotes and go shove them in some youtube comment sob-story where they belong, and then I want them to buff hammer warrior, just to rub salt in the wound 👺

For something to be a conspiracy it has to be something that is either not proven or unable to be proven.

Fortunately for this community, we have a plethora of youtube & twitch videos from reputable sources within our community that have entirely exposed these things in great detail with inarguable evidence, several several times over.

There is no such thing as inarguable evidence on the Guild Wars 2 PvP Forums.

Tell me this isn't us. You can't. 

• Haha 1

They could just keep a merged queue just like it is now (everyone playing in the same queue) but make a separate leaderboard for solo and duo. For instance, Boyce might be rated 3rd on the SoloQ leaderboard with 1790 and "Boyce + Drazeh" might be 1st on the DuoQ leaderboard with a team rating of 1780. This is kinda like how Battlerite does it iirc: you and your duo partner counts as a team.

This way you made the leaderboard more fair while not dividing the already small playerbase.

• Confused 2

5 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:

You know a duo of 1800 rating players are being match with 1200 players in an average 6 min q right. This should take at least 15 min imo

Um, yeah....did you read my post you quoted?

5 hours ago, Khalisto.5780 said:
  On 1/27/2023 at 11:13 PM, Shaogin.2679 said:

If the top teams dodge each other in a match making system that actually did its job, then they would have insanely long queues or no opponents at all. 

2 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

No

This is what I'm talking about. Feedback being thrown around by players claiming to know what's going on who don't know what's going, who are throwing out nothing but misinformation.

ATs have been around half a decade now, and if you aren't running into AFK teams in NA ATs, you must not have played an AT in about 5 years because every AT that happens in NA at any point in time of day, there are like 3 or 4 AFK teams. Anyone who actually plays ATs would 150% agree with me. This isn't a debate, this is definitely actually happening and has been happening for quite some time now.

I don't want to stir arguments but it does irk me when people make statements that are entirely false.

Look, you can huff and puff and throw a tantrum all you want, but it doesn't change the fact of my personal experiences. I am someone who actually plays ATs, and I do not agree with you. I am not saying it does not happen, I am saying I have not experienced it. My statements are not false. If that upsets you, then whatever, I could care less man. But honestly, when people go on rants like that, it really takes value away from anything you have to say.

• Confused 4

I agree ranked should be SoloQ only. I got to rank 16 mostly solo queueing (around 1/3 of my games were duo but I hit rank 16 solo) but then I kinda just stopped playing because it wasn't realistic for me to get top 10 while solo, and I've already gotten top 25 before so I don't really care.

We shouldn't have the game disincentivizing you from even playing if you don't have a duo online. Other competitive games such as League of Legends don't allow duo queuing at the highest ranks. 

Edited by Jagdtiger.2517

On 1/28/2023 at 4:43 AM, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Then queue up with me and 3 other guys. It's just not a difficult or complex thing to do.

If you actually would just try it in even Unranked, you'd see how much more fun it is to play in 5 man teams. Literally every single person I've ever seen start doing 5 man queues, they all say it is more fun. Every single one of them.

Even in wow which has like 10 x the pvp population its a struggle to form a likeminded RBG group with comparable skill. Some of us just want to logg in. play 2-4 games and be done in an hour. 

I dont want to have a guild group or similar and be forced to logg in during specific hours either. I just want to play when i have a spare hour in between. 

Edited by amandavd.3574
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

I do pay attention to the leaderboards so that I know who to pick on and who wintrades or otherwise abuses the matchmaker with the intent of boosting an accounts W/L to like 118-2 and that's usually how you can tell who

Those are the obvious culprits that we often see get temp bans and disappear for a few months before coming back. I'm talking all the people who try to play normally, but every once in awhile they get fed up with having a rank that is lower than they feel they deserve so they occasionally get their friends together for a quick day of boosting. This is the kind that goes under the radar that looks believable. No reason to mention any names, but I'm talking situations where someone is stuck in G3 for a couple weeks and then all of a sudden one day they pop up into 1600-1650 range after a good 4 hours of sitting down to play and they always tell you: "DUDE I'M ON A 15+ GAME WIN STREAK I'M GETTING LUCKY".

And I know this is what is happening because I've had people ask me if I wanted to participate in it. This is not the usual cartel. These people are not boosting to sell things for USD and they are not masters of manipulating the leaderboards. They are usually very small groups of people 3 to 4 who can tilt the match making just enough, that they can climb into that 1600+ position right quick. They just want to maintain some kind of P2+ placement at the end of a season for reasons of repute.

4 hours ago, Multicolorhipster.9751 said:

There is no such thing as inarguable evidence on the Guild Wars 2 PvP Forums.

Anyone who argues against videos like this He Paid $10,000 for 2 Gizmos - GW2 PvP Boosting Circle Exposed - YouTube are trolls participating in the nonsense who are trying to inject the community with blanket statements to act like it isn't happening. I could link a plethora of videos from streamers like Vallun or even Shorts, that expose certain top players inarguably being caught using hacks in matches and/or win trading ect ect.

This topic has been beaten to death with provided evidence that is plainly inarguable. That's what's so frustrating about it, is that Arenanet MUST be aware of this evidence, yet nothing is done about it beyond occasional slap to the wrist.

2 hours ago, Shaogin.2679 said:

Look, you can huff and puff and throw a tantrum all you want, but it doesn't change the fact of my personal experiences. I am someone who actually plays ATs

I've been running about 4+ ATs a day for the past four or five years now. I assume you are a EU player because I do not recognize your name from ATs, which I always right click and look at every team I go against. I also don't recognize your name from the FFA or even in unranked or ranked. If you are a EU player, I have no idea what's going on in EU so we have nothing to argue about.

But if one were to make that claim pertaining to NA ATs, it would be a bold faced lie. There are 3+ AFK teams in every NA AT. We have guys who run multi-box accounts to farm gold and even rando PvE kids who come in that form groups in the LFG that say "Afk" and they seriously join and sit there and AFK for 45 minutes to get a cheap 5g. It's like a real problem in NA and has been for quite some time now. Literally anyone and everyone who runs ATs in NA would tell you the exact same thing I've told you here.

Edited by Trevor Boyer.6524
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, amandavd.3574 said:

Even in wow which has like 10 x the pvp population its a struggle to form a likeminded RBG group with comparable skill. Some of us just want to logg in. play 2-4 games and be done in an hour. 

I dont want to have a guild group or similar and be forced to logg in during specific hours either. I just want to play when i have a spare hour in between. 

Yeah that's the point of keeping it a mixed queue.