How Jade Bots could change Open World content

disclaimer: these are all fictional... if ur replies are more obvious "this will break the game", "anet is better to spend time and resources somewhere else", "I dont like it", or anything more in line with these example responses, its better not to leave those here X)

after EOD, canthan tech could make lives easier for tyrians in many ways..

Jade bot is a nice idea but it needs to evolve further. and if possible shd be able to use without jadebot workbench.

Benefit1:(Tactical)

In few EOD story chapters, they did try to explore the versatility of Jade bots like fitting a scanner function to identify energy signatures in jade batteries..

keeping that in mind, what if, a few existing meta events get benefited by these Jade bots's versatility...

Imagine using Jade bot fitted with healing sprayer or a rezzing module and flew thru silverwaste vinewrath vines while the player is tracked by vinewrath and blocked from entering the area.. so players who are blocked by vines can use jadebots to revive, heal and support the modrem untracked allies who are fighting  vinewrath champions(obviously this should be limited and not overpowering)(limited in terms of how many seconds a jadebot can be active before charge runs out or something similar to make it feel not overpowered).

this can be used on mordrem breach events to support allies from above ground

Drakkar fight where allies arent allowed to enter raven gate after they entered once b4, they can support with jade bots and keep a close eye on player health and turn off jade bot and move around to focus on staying alive rather than using jadebot

usage of waystations to get emp, medizooka, remote charges are limited to players only .. what if jadebots can be fitted with these emp, medizooka modules and provide support remotely

a taunting module fitted in jadebot used to taunt and kite the enemies away or lure them into a trap could help in open world scenarios and sometimes in Auric basin meta to lure frogs away so the mushrooms can run to the octovine safely

the modules I think of here shd be made available on the event area as and when the event starts and not be crafted by players coz it will be a huge drag and noone will craft it and idea will not be used at all

applications could be endless on various existing meta events. u might ask "all these meta events worked well even b4 these jade bots" but that was due to enough ppl doing meta events... if there are not enough ppl to do events and even if ppl try hard to make the event succeed, they fail due to some lack of organization among players(and some players troll to fail the event intentionally too.. which can be avoided with some extra push from jadebots tech)

Benefit2:(Fun Adventures)

new adventures with jadebots. so many possible fun adventures can be made possible with jadebots but that might need a new map and living world story.. u played EOD story.. u know the possibilities of how many adventures can be made possible with jadebots, I need not explain it...

Benefit3:(Screentime)

Photo and Video(with jadebot firstperson view)

Benefit4:(give a rest to ButtonMashing)

New strike missions with jadebot mechanics.. example: operate jadebot into the poisonous tunnel to pickup/identify/trigger/whatever stuff to succeed the mechanics to proceed to next phase of fight. so players wont be just put into a mindset that game is all about just pressing buttons to get DPS numbers... similar to dhuum soul mechanics or whatever

Benefit5:(Underwater fishing)

Interesting way to fish is to chase around fish underwater, scan them(run close to those fish while scanning to identify/gather data about the fish) then use jadebot fish capture arm to start fishcapture minigame like the one we have at present..(I'm thinking of pokedex and pokeballs here)

a lot of other ideas exist for jadebots but the point is... hope anet evolves jadebot idea further and get ahead of MMO game and leave the rest biting the dust..

also, im aware that canthan tech introduction to tyria happened after zhait, mord, primo, jorm battle timeline and might confuse the lore/story/whatever when used in existing meta, but this is not about the story and stuff.. its just to get new perspective on existing meta with jadetech...

also.. sidenote: the turrets from domain of kourna shd be made usable outside kourna.. thats my wish too

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Like 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

disclaimer: these are all fictional... if ur replies are more obvious "this will break the game", "anet is better to spend time and resources somewhere else", "I dont like it", or anything more in line with these example responses, its better not to leave those here X)

Yeah, that's not how a public forum works.

I'd rather resources be spent elsewhere.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 8
  • Haha 6
  • Confused 7

I like my little jade bot, however I really, really don't enjoy having to pilot it.  I like playing my character, seeing my character, not playing as a jade bot.  So adding them to metas or other events has absolutely zero appeal to me.  It just sounds like a mess. I do look forward to seeing how they will be implemented, largely I think it's more for fun than combat in Tyria, but I sincerely hope it isn't to chase fish underwater.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I don't like it.

Arenanet is better off spending their resources on other things.

Those two important sentiments, that definitely are necessary to be mentioned out of they way, jade scrap should definitely not impact any more content than it already does. It being of tactical use would require other people to see your junk floating around. I don't want to see any of this toxic green waste outside of Cantha.

If it's just adventures, cut off from any other content, it's acceptable to me. As long it's exclusively on Canthan grounds.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Like 10

4 hours ago, Crystal Paladin.3871 said:

I know you don't want those types of answers, but the reality is for me, I simply don't like gimmicky gameplay added to something I already enjoy. i dont like the jade bot, it's not fun, it feels like something they threw in because they needed something new and different, and it's going to be forgotten about in the future.

• Like 7
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

after EOD, canthan tech could make lives easier for tyrians in many ways..

Jade bot is a nice idea but it needs to evolve further. and if possible shd be able to use without jadebot workbench.

Benefit1:(Tactical)

In few EOD story chapters, they did try to explore the versatility of Jade bots like fitting a scanner function to identify energy signatures in jade batteries..

keeping that in mind, what if, a few existing meta events get benefited by these Jade bots's versatility...

Imagine using Jade bot fitted with healing sprayer or a rezzing module and flew thru silverwaste vinewrath vines while the player is tracked by vinewrath and blocked from entering the area.. so players who are blocked by vines can use jadebots to revive, heal and support the modrem untracked allies who are fighting  vinewrath champions(obviously this should be limited and not overpowering)(limited in terms of how many seconds a jadebot can be active before charge runs out or something similar to make it feel not overpowered).

this can be used on mordrem breach events to support allies from above ground

Drakkar fight where allies arent allowed to enter raven gate after they entered once b4, they can support with jade bots and keep a close eye on player health and turn off jade bot and move around to focus on staying alive rather than using jadebot

usage of waystations to get emp, medizooka, remote charges are limited to players only .. what if jadebots can be fitted with these emp, medizooka modules and provide support remotely

a taunting module fitted in jadebot used to taunt and kite the enemies away or lure them into a trap could help in open world scenarios and sometimes in Auric basin meta to lure frogs away so the mushrooms can run to the octovine safely

the modules I think of here shd be made available on the event area as and when the event starts and not be crafted by players coz it will be a huge drag and noone will craft it and idea will not be used at all

applications could be endless on various existing meta events. u might ask "all these meta events worked well even b4 these jade bots" but that was due to enough ppl doing meta events... if there are not enough ppl to do events and even if ppl try hard to make the event succeed, they fail due to some lack of organization among players(and some players troll to fail the event intentionally too.. which can be avoided with some extra push from jadebots tech)

Allowing players to enter areas they previously couldn't, while allowing them to heal/rez/support basically for free sounds terrible. Things like vinewrath don't need to be made even easier than they are. Hopefully this never becomes a thing.

Benifit4:(give a rest to ButtonMashing)

New strike missions with jadebot mechanics.. example: operate jadebot into the poisonous tunnel to pickup/identify/trigger/whatever stuff to succeed the mechanics to proceed to next phase of fight. so players wont be just put into a mindset that game is all about just pressing buttons to get DPS numbers... similar to dhuum soul mechanics or whatever

As you noticed, additional mechanics don't need to be bound to jade bots to exist. We already had those before jade bots were a thing.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

Yeah, sorry as I said in the other thread I’m not a fan of the mastery. I don’t think it fits gw2 at all. I don’t mean the tech, I mean the implementation.

Bringing it to existing maps I don’t want. I am not against Jade tech evolving phased versions of existing maps though. It shouldn’t be anywhere near old timelines and the whole system needs an urgent overhaul to be more in keeping with game. Step one is to full remove any stat boost effects. 

Refine it, put it in new or phased maps and then I might be on board

• Like 2

What amazes me is how out of touch and pointless this change feels. This is not like adding gliding to core tyria or upgrading skimmer to work underwater. It is also shocking that it seems that the next story step appears still far off. Honestly was LS1 worth a 11 month content drought? And what made it worse, was reiterated ls1 seem to just waste resources with content that was abandoned so fast that a bug fixed existed for a week without the community noticing. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

21 minutes ago, Shadowmoon.7986 said:

What amazes me is how out of touch and pointless this change feels. This is not like adding gliding to core tyria or upgrading skimmer to work underwater. It is also shocking that it seems that the next story step appears still far off. Honestly was LS1 worth a 11 month content drought? And what made it worse, was reiterated ls1 seem to just waste resources with content that was abandoned so fast that a bug fixed existed for a week without the community noticing. 

LS1 might have been more of a cover while the real work is in the next expansion. Hopefully? Something similar happened with HoT.

Edited by Khisanth.2948
  • Like 1

The only conceivable use for Jade Bot apart from Canthan based Jade tech travelling or its very useful modules/ pocket revive (which we all have already), is to allow Jade bots to "complete" gathering for its owner without the owner performing the full channel. 

You see a bunch of nodes, you just run up and tag them all and move on, the Jade bot will finish up the gathering for you. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

The only conceivable use for Jade Bot apart from Canthan based Jade tech travelling or its very useful modules/ pocket revive (which we all have already), is to allow Jade bots to "complete" gathering for its owner without the owner performing the full channel. 

You see a bunch of nodes, you just run up and tag them all and move on, the Jade bot will finish up the gathering for you. 

So we finaly get the home instance gathering butler people have been asking for.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

wow.. so manyyy Jade bot haters... X)

I rest my case... maybe jadebots not worth it.. the nopers outweigh the yeppers.

I expected Something nice and new from Jadebots but all the others are same identical they all think the same and hate it... thought a part of players will be different but everyone's the same.. identical... X( Traditional mmo players X)

Edited by Crystal Paladin.3871
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

Jade bots are given only to people who bought EoD, and for this reason ArenaNet shouldn't make them useful in combat. You can fight without mounts and gliders, but if you give Jade Bots abilities to heal players through vine walls (as in your example #1), you're either trivializing the meta (if you don't boost the boss) or cutting out players who didn't buy EoD (if you update the boss). If Jade Bots will ever have something useful in combat, this must be only used in EoD maps, as it has been always the case in the past, for ley-lines and mushrooms for example. Screenshots and other amenities are fine.

Personally I don't like to see a lot of graphic garbage around me, workbenches, anvils and other stuff we have to constantly use to boost our stats, but I understand that passive abilities, tied to the mastery, won't sell Jade Bots skins.

• Like 6

I like the mods. I mean the gliding boost is cool. Some mods like those who give trophies and even jade slivers are nice. You can have a mod for the endurance bar on mounts. All in all it's useful but no more than that. It isn't disruptive or a game changer if you will. Gliding changed the entire game with HoT, mounts changed the game even more with PoF. And I mean changed it in general for all players.

EoD doesn't have anything that changed the game significantly. Jade bots are the closest thing but it's just tweaks of existing things... and there's the Jade aesthetic, that's really down to personal taste and that's the issue with the jade aesthetic in general: if you don't care for it, you're stuck with it. Personally, I use the ghost skin for it, but I would like it better if you can turn the visuals and audio off actually.

Also the terminals or workstations are superfluous. You should really be able to just mod the jade bot from your inventory imo. You can equip a core directly from your inventory, but not the other 2 mods?

And you know, I don't even mind the crafting aspect of it, but also there the implementation was sloppy. For example, you cannot slot masterwork service chips when you get to the first level of a masterwork core. 

So not only is it not a game changer, the implementation of it is really just clunky and subject to your personal aesthetic. Both of which could've been avoided I would say. It just feels like it was slapped on at the last moment. 

Now, I do like your idea of taking screenshots from your jade bot's pov. Using the controls that exist can give you pretty nice screenshots of your character as well, it just needs to be seperate from the terminals used that limit where you can use the jade bot in that way. I can see that being pretty nice though. Not sure if shooting videos will be feasible, but if it's not too much work... The rest of your ideas have consequences in game that you may not have considered or would require too many resources to implement. I say too much because I don't think that overall it'd be that popular, which brings me to the Kharmin pov that I'd rather have them use the resources elsewhere.

You know, if only they'd given it a bit more time to work some of these things out in the first place then the jade bot could've been more popular than it is now and with that would be worth putting some resources into it now.

• Like 6

15 hours ago, Urud.4925 said:

Jade bots are given only to people who bought EoD, and for this reason ArenaNet shouldn't make them useful in combat. You can fight without mounts and gliders, but if you give Jade Bots abilities to heal players through vine walls (as in your example #1), you're either trivializing the meta (if you don't boost the boss) or cutting out players who didn't buy EoD (if you update the boss). If Jade Bots will ever have something useful in combat, this must be only used in EoD maps, as it has been always the case in the past, for ley-lines and mushrooms for example. Screenshots and other amenities are fine.

Personally I don't like to see a lot of graphic garbage around me, workbenches, anvils and other stuff we have to constantly use to boost our stats, but I understand that passive abilities, tied to the mastery, won't sell Jade Bots skins.

Remember how Anet went out of their way to rework Signet of Agony/Spectral Agony mastery from LW3 so that you no longer Siphoned with downed skills?

Yea, classic example of owning/having access to content that breaks balance. 

• Like 1

On 1/29/2023 at 8:09 PM, kharmin.7683 said:

Yeah, that's not how a public forum works.

I'd rather resources be spent elsewhere.

Kharmin is right on that one

but Im more a idea person so ya lets try 

What Bots could add

A Area Rezz area for fully downed one ( huge cooldown)

A Selfie camera

Mini games in cities to collect those coins

Summon Crafting stations trading post ( huge cooldown)

Gathering ur home instance I gave that Butler idea a while ago

Bot Race (not my wish but ya)

Incease numbers of battery charges ( I personal hate this power creep but that would be a QOL increase)

Bot CC charges to replace the stations which would free us from being forced going to a certain map to get it

Closing Words really not a fan of the EOD buffs its annoying

Good about bots are the Personal waypoint that alone with the mount bosters is enouh to be happy about them

• Like 1
  • Confused 1