quality of life improvement suggestions

nitemsg.4537

- Add name input verification (same as when deleting achievement items)
when a weapon or armor precursor (e.g. ascended triumphant hero's armor)
is going to be deleted/destroyed or used in the mystic forge thus being
permanently lost.

- Remove name input verification for achievement items that can be
safely discarded after acquisition.

- Add an indication to the WvW dialog showing how many WvW skirmish
claim tickets can be acquired until the player reaches the week's maximum.

e.g. if someone has acquired 50 tickets, it should show 315 remaining,
if the max is 365.

- Add an option in the settings to be able to disable the auto camera
zoom in/out when entering boss fights in fractals (or anywhere else really)

- Add "Skip" button to all videos when replaying story for achievements.

- Make the "Character Model Limit/Quality" options different per game
mode (or even better the entire graphics settings tab).

It is especially useful for WvW, when too many people are fighting and
the FPS drops so much that it becomes unplayable, thus setting these two
to "Low" makes it playable again.

However when returning to PvE areas it is great having them set to
"High". Currently this is handled manually back and forth.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 6
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, nitemsg.4537 said:

if the max is 365.

That's pretty much already a thing. Press B > second tab > "all rewards" and you can hover over each reward tier to see how many tickets you get. When you reach the repeatable diamond chests, it will stop showing tickets indicating you will get no more tickets.

• Like 4
  • Confused 7

3 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

That's pretty much already a thing. Press B > second tab > "all rewards" and you can hover over each reward tier to see how many tickets you get. When you reach the repeatable diamond chests, it will stop showing tickets indicating you will get no more tickets.

Not really. If you add the tickets shown in the chests it is not the max per week (365). The tickets you get per tick change for example if you are a commander or in a map that has few players or depending on your level etc

The whole point is to have an indicator of the remaining acquirable tickets for the week.

Edited by nitemsg.4537
fix
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 2

8 minutes ago, nitemsg.4537 said:

Not really. If you add the tickets shown in the chests it is not the max per week (365). The tickets you get per tick change for example if you are a commander or in a map that has few players or depending on your level etc

The whole point is to have an indicator of the remaining acquirable tickets for the week.

I'm not sure that's correct. Are you sure you're not confusing skirmish tickets with participation/acquiring pips?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 3

12 minutes ago, nitemsg.4537 said:

100% positive

Ok, I can be wrong since I'm not exactly leading squads in wvw, but that's still the first time I hear anything like that. On the other hand you mention "map with few players" (you mean outnumebred? Which gave additional pips and not tickets and doesn't even do that anymore?) and "it depending on your level" (which also increases your PIPS per tick, not skirmish tickets rewards), so that leads me to believe you are indeed confusing what you're talking about here. Any source/s?

Actually w/e, I went to check the skirmish rewards: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket#Skirmish_Chests note the "cumulative" number.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

10 hours ago, nitemsg.4537 said:

- Remove name input verification for achievement items that can be
safely discarded after acquisition.

Remove it for half of the items it's required to. Many are just worthless nowadays. 

10 hours ago, nitemsg.4537 said:

- Add an option in the settings to be able to disable the auto camera
zoom in/out when entering boss fights in fractals (or anywhere else really)

This is like an additional mechanic in some fights. Battling the camera. 

• Like 6

If you 2 would stop bickering and read all the authors posts you would see he is confusing pips and skirmish claim tickets. 

And there is not really a cap on skirmish claim tickets per reset. But the alternative acquisition methods are one time only (warclaw reward track and warclaw collection) so rarely relevant.

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, nitemsg.4537 said:

You're mixing up pips and skirmish tickets.

Pips per tick vary (rank, previous week, server score, commanding squad).

Tickets per pips are static although they don't follow a linear curve from wood to diamond. 

Here you can see tickets per pip based on the tier/chest. As you can see tickets per pip are always the same in a specific tier and never change regardless of what you do in game. https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

If you 2 would stop bickering and read all the authors posts you would see he is confusing pips and skirmish claim tickets. 

Yup, I pointed that out in my previous posts, including the link with total skirmish tickets gained from skirmish chests.

3 hours ago, Cuks.8241 said:

And there is not really a cap on skirmish claim tickets per reset. But the alternative acquisition methods are one time only (warclaw reward track and warclaw collection) so rarely relevant.

True -and soon there will be a weekly wvw achievement rewarding 35 (iirc) more tickets.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

There really needs to be a meta/world boss character model scaling. I can usually keep it a bit higher these days from the DX11 changes but any sort of mass gathering always requires dropping the settings to the lowest. Either that or optimizing the engine to handle that kind of content better lol

• Like 3

On 1/30/2023 at 8:20 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

Yup, I pointed that out in my previous posts, including the link with total skirmish tickets gained from skirmish chests.

True -and soon there will be a weekly wvw achievement rewarding 35 (iirc) more tickets.

You are both off topic. Read again what I originally wrote. Max tickets per week is 365. Just suggested for an indicator that shows e.g.  50 / 365 acquired. Pips are irrelevant with what I suggested.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

5 hours ago, nitemsg.4537 said:

You are both off topic. Read again what I originally wrote. Max tickets per week is 365. Just suggested for an indicator that shows e.g.  50 / 365 acquired. Pips are irrelevant with what I suggested.

press b go to match overview tab then press all rewards and you see an indicator on where you are reward wise during that week.

There is your indicator on tickets already in game.

Edit

You can even mouse over each chest to see what they give or even each circle over said chest.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

13 hours ago, nitemsg.4537 said:

Not really, since it was directly responding to your posts. In your posts you've claimed tickets didn't come only from reward chests I pointed out in my post. That's false. The "deviations in numbers" you mentioned are NOT affecting the number of the tickets, they're (or were, like in the case of "outnumbered" buff) affecting the number of PIPS you get. You don't get "tickets per tick" (which is another thing you said), you get PIPS per tick. Once you fill up the PIP meter, you get the reward chest with tickets in them. If you want to know if you can still get tickets this week, you need to do what I wrote in the initial post:

On 1/29/2023 at 4:11 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

(...) Press B > second tab > "all rewards" and you can hover over each reward tier to see how many tickets you get. When you reach the repeatable diamond chests, it will stop showing tickets indicating you will get no more tickets.

This is not "offtopic", this is explaining to you what you apparently don't understand about the reward system. 

Of course starting this week there's also a weekly achievement which rewards some tickets, but that's also pretty much "self-tracking" as you either finished the achievement this week or you didn't.

And yes, I know the max tickets was 365 (now +35 from weekly achievement) and I already pointed you to check the "cumulative" value of tickets you get from chests here: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/WvW_Skirmish_Claim_Ticket#Skirmish_Chests If you didn't bother doing it, do it now to prove your claim about "chests not rewarding 365" false.

If you don't undersatnd something, ask for clarification. But if you just don't want to listen "because no" then there's not much more to say here then: your idea about the rewarded tickets is wrong.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sobx.1758 said:

"If you add the tickets shown in the chests it is not the max per week (365)

I am referring to the numbers you see when you pass the mouse over a chest (not over each circle over each chest).

It shows the last number only (same as number shown over last circle) over each chest.

e.g. over "wood" it shows 8 instead of showing the total of 3 + 3 +3 + 8 = 17  (if you have completed it)

(If you move the mouse over each circle/checkbox (e.g. wood has 4 such circles) you will see the numbers 3, 3, 3, 8 )

So if you add the numbers that you see if you move your mouse over each chest (and not over each circle) you will get these numbers:

8, 10, 12, 14, 16, 18, 20  = 98  which is not meaningful since it shows only the number of the last circle over each chest.

With that said, I assumed originally that this is because it only shows some "base" numbers hence my mention of the variations (my bad, not the case). This is more like a bug or just simply showing only the last circle's number over each chest for some reason.

Now how is this :

relevant to my suggestion of just showing a indicator (e.g. 315 remaining or 50 / 365) ?

Edited by nitemsg.4537
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 2

When you open skirmish chests (wvw) and choose tactics upgrades. You have to single click them, one by one... with a 2s delay between otherwise it says "too soon" or some other such blah blah. Multiply that up by opening 250 of the tactic upgrade packs that need individual clicking one by one. 

"Consume all" option for each stack (such as speedy dolyaks, presence of the keep, dragon banner, packed dolyaks etc - to clarify what I'm referring to) would be *lovely*.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/4/2023 at 12:15 AM, nitemsg.4537 said:

Now how is this :

relevant to my suggestion of just showing a indicator (e.g. 315 remaining or 50 / 365) ?

It's relevant since the only thing that matters in your suggestion in this case is simply about having the knowledge of whether or not you can still get tickets. You can already have that knowledge by doing what I wrote. What matters is how many tickets you have in total (available by checking inv/wallet) and whether or not you're still rewarded with them for playing. Overally I see 0 need or usefulness in what you proposed there if your focus really is to just "see the sum of weekly tickets".

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/3/2023 at 7:18 AM, nitemsg.4537 said:

Well it used to be 365, but last week they added the new weeklies from which you can gain 35 more per week. So a total of 400 per week is possible now. 

Would you want to include those as well?

Edit: If you don't know what I'm talking about here's the info:

Achievements

• New weekly achievements have been added to World vs. World. Completing these will award up to 35 additional weekly WvW Skirmish Claim Tickets and other WvW rewards. Additionally, a reward of 8 gold can be earned each week for completing the new meta-achievement. These achievements will reset every Sunday at 11:30 p.m. Pacific Time (UTC-8).

Link: 

Edited by Gehenna.3625
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 1/29/2023 at 4:30 AM, nitemsg.4537 said:

if the max is 365.

I see why not , like a progression bar from the Hearts - "to do list" , in case you have many

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2