The time has come for "All mounts ENABLED weeks"

Ruufio.1496

Just like no downstate weeks - for fun. Who gives a kitten what happens. Time to bring some fresh air into WvW once in a while by enticing the majority of players to try out WvW by allowing the use of all mounts in WvW once in a while. Also let ballistas 1 shot KO players on flying mounts

Maybe even allow jade bots and waystations and prototype rewinders - why not. Just allow everything.

It's time.

Edited by Ruufio.1496
  • Like 2
  • Haha 9
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

Do you want me to Roller Bettle from blue spawn to redBL garri? I can respawn and regroup in less than a minute. Probably only 30 seconds if on EBG.

Speaking of adding mounts though, I do feel a shame that Siege Turtle (having "siege" in its name and cooperative in its mechanic) isn't part of WvW. I don't care if it eats 10 supplies per slam or per cannon, sounds too much fun to never have it added.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

You're going to run into some problems with things that can get over walls.  Thats why whenever I toss this idea out i add that the area has to be controlled like with gliding.  Might have to disable a few of the mastery skills, too.  I'm pretty sure you could speed launch a few things over walls in some areas.

Edited by SFShinigami.1572

2 hours ago, SFShinigami.1572 said:

You're going to run into some problems with things that can get over walls.  Thats why whenever I toss this idea out i add that the area has to be controlled like with gliding.  Might have to disable a few of the mastery skills, too.  I'm pretty sure you could speed launch a few things over walls in some areas.

Sounds like we need sniper guards.

Yeah, skyscales to the 3rd floor of smc, then camping there until the people under get bored.   Or roller beetles to all parts of the map.

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea and inspiration.  But it's not practical without some thought towards the potential loopholes.

I agree, I want to launch my skiff into a keep by flying over a hill at maximum speed. In all seriousness, the "players landing with flying mounts/etc" wouldn't be an issue if there was some kind of potent anti-air defense on towers and keeps, (like if auto-turrets actually did something).

Just make it so any player who gets dismounted midair is instantly defeated. Skyscales especially have terrible health and would get one-shot quite easily I think.

Alternatively you can extend magical glowing barriers up into the sky from all the walls, that pass projectiles but not players (except when being pulled). This limits the "jump out and bomb them" tactic since you'd have to always use the gate door for exiting, but there's stealth and portals for that anyway.

This would also stop a significant number of existing exploits.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Haha 1

On 1/29/2023 at 4:48 PM, Ruufio.1496 said:

Just like no downstate weeks - for fun. Who gives a kitten what happens. Time to bring some fresh air into WvW once in a while by enticing the majority of players to try out WvW by allowing the use of all mounts in WvW once in a while. Also let ballistas 1 shot KO players on flying mounts

Maybe even allow jade bots and waystations and prototype rewinders - why not. Just allow everything.

It's time.

ohh yes , you blink for 1 second and see 40 skyscale diving inside your main keep and towers , a lot of fun not being able to react fast enough and defend.

I have to admit, I'm not opposed to this idea. I mean what else do we have going for WvW right now. I get people being concerned about being able to jump or fly into keeps and all that but winning and loosing means absolutely nothing right now. Maybe the last week of any match-up is mount week or something like that. Everything is so stale as it is.

While we're tossing out ideas, how about a vanilla meta week? or rotating in EoTM for a week? or a hunger games week where you can only equip whats dropped?. The community needs something, even the Mag threads have become boring, and I'm Mag !!!

• Like 1

Alternatively; fishing WvW. You can only capture objectives via fishing. If you want to kill another player, you have to enter a fishing challenge together. First to reel in the fish kills the other. Enemy squads have to all sit around a lake to fish the opposing squad to death.

What do you mean this idea isn't feasible?!

• Haha 2