Solo guildless player in WvW after changes?

TristanTzara.4628

Hello. I am not a member of any guild (and have no real desire to join one) and am very much a "solo" player, though enjoy casual interactions with other players. I also don't play much WvW though once in blue moon I might pop in and it's always been nice to think that my, albeit tiny, contribution might be helping my server in some small way. How is it going to work once the changes are in place and it becomes a Guild v. Guild environment? Am I still going to be able to play there? Incidentally, it's also the only place my rangers can find a wolf pet should they desire one.

• Like 2

Everybody will be moved around as 1 of 3 pieces.

Player (1)

Guild (1-500)

Alliance (1-500)

You will have the choice over what kind of piece you will be moved around as.

We will all be placed on a World (~2000 [or avg/total population, caps adjusted]) every 8 weeks. Similar to links/relinks.

The end result is more actively- and better balanced worlds as well as more choices for players (those three, plus limited paid transfers; rather than just staying or paying to transfer). That's it.

Edited by subversiontwo.7501
  • Like 2
  • Confused 2

12 minutes ago, TristanTzara.4628 said:

Thanks for the replies folks. That all seems to make sense. Just one thing though - if I'm a one man guild, does that mean that all other players are enemies?

Nope, you'll be placed on one of the "worlds" (Think current servers). But instead of the current Server+Link server. Worlds will be built from Alliances (Group of guilds), Guilds (Guilds not in a alliance) and solo players (Treated as a guild of 1). 

WvW will still be 3 "worlds" vs each other as it is now. 

• Like 1

Nope, you'll be placed on one of the "worlds" (Think current servers). But instead of the current Server+Link server. Worlds will be built from Alliances (Group of guilds), Guilds (Guilds not in a alliance) and solo players (Treated as a guild of 1). 

WvW will still be 3 "worlds" vs each other as it is now. 

Ah. Thank you so much. That's much clearer now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Side note about guilds. Not every guild requires the social aspect of guilds but joining a leveled up guild is worth it for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Enhancements. Guild Wars 2 uses a lot of boosters to improve loot or XP gain so every little bit helps. WvW specifically, Ranks take a long time to gain so the "Guild Enhancement: World Experience" (10% to WXP) helps. Or the reward track booster which shaves ~30 minutes off the time to finish a reward track. 

**Guild Enhancement: Experience = PvE
**Guild Enhancement: World Experience = WvW

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Commendation Guild commendations are also fairly useful. Though you will need to somewhat participate when the guild is activating the Guild missions in WvW. 

Good hunting Homie. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

20 minutes ago, Zikory.6871 said:

Side note about guilds. Not every guild requires the social aspect of guilds but joining a leveled up guild is worth it for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Enhancements. Guild Wars 2 uses a lot of boosters to improve loot or XP gain so every little bit helps. WvW specifically, Ranks take a long time to gain so the "Guild Enhancement: World Experience" (10% to WXP) helps. Or the reward track booster which shaves ~30 minutes off the time to finish a reward track. 

**Guild Enhancement: Experience = PvE
**Guild Enhancement: World Experience = WvW

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Commendation Guild commendations are also fairly useful. Though you will need to somewhat participate when the guild is activating the Guild missions in WvW. 

Good hunting Homie. 

Good points +1. Have also seen guilds that just look for other roamers to give a home to and a battle brother when they might look for one. So if you go with the float on the wind method for the WR system, you might see a wide range of people out there and some might fit your style. Good hunting!

• Like 1

Where did you get the idea that WvW is going to become Guild vs. Guild environment?  From a solo player standpoint, it's going to be exactly like it is now where there's some guilds on your team.

There's a lot of misrepresentation out there about the change and I wonder if you've been hit with it.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 3
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, TristanTzara.4628 said:

Hello. I am not a member of any guild (and have no real desire to join one) and am very much a "solo" player, though enjoy casual interactions with other players. I also don't play much WvW though once in blue moon I might pop in and it's always been nice to think that my, albeit tiny, contribution might be helping my server in some small way. How is it going to work once the changes are in place and it becomes a Guild v. Guild environment? Am I still going to be able to play there? Incidentally, it's also the only place my rangers can find a wolf pet should they desire one.

Servers will be deleted, so you and me and lots of people will no longer be able to support their server / team / whatever. The good news: Most people will find themselves in random teams, so there is a high chance that you will have more fun than ever before. Random Coms will rise again.

The challenge is to dodge those organized alliance and guild squads. But I guess that will be easy. Guild players have always been a minority in WvW. They only were noticable cause they used to play many hours per week. But no more.

Guildless or people who don't sign up with their guild for WvW will be randomly allocated to a side every match up. I've been playing Guildless solo in the past few betas and am shuffled into one of the many sides of the conflict. 

If you don't care much about structured WvW zerg fights, this is the way to go. You meet new people every rotating match up and you meet more roamers (based on personal experience) vs huge blobs. 

2 hours ago, Chaba.5410 said:

Where did you get the idea that WvW is going to become Guild vs. Guild environment? 

This weekend on SBI I, a solo guildless roamer, was told to get off the map so a guild group could get on. This has happened multiple times in the few years that I have come back to wvw.  It may not be a guild vs guild environment right now but the trajectory to be one is there. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, misfired.8403 said:

This weekend on SBI I, a solo guildless roamer, was told to get off the map so a guild group could get on. This has happened multiple times in the few years that I have come back to wvw.  It may not be a guild vs guild environment right now but the trajectory to be one is there. 

Yea, that happens now, happened long in the past, and will continue to happen after the change.  No "trajectory" there.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, misfired.8403 said:

Alliance will not make it worst. GOTCHA!

Are you in the habbit of making judgement calls based around singular experiences?

Guilds trying to get their players on a border is as old as day 1 of WvW. It was even harder in the past when activity was up, when many guilds actively tried to stay on smaller servers as to ensure less queues.

I am really unsure why you decided focus on this issue for your agenda. Any semi veteran WvW players will see through the bs.

Edited by Cyninja.2954
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Cyninja.2954 said:

Guilds trying to get their players on a border is as old as day 1 of WvW. It was even harder in the past when activity was up, when many guilds actively tried to stay on smaller servers as to ensure less queues.

The good old days when guild leaders said to be on the border at least an hour before raiding time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

The good old days when guild leaders said to be on the border at least an hour before raiding time.

exact.

when you played for your server, because that was your home.

Then we decided to deal a blow to those servers, and make sure that going up or down the rankings doesn't mean anything anymore.

But let's not worry now we delete them completely, so it will be better.  ( 😎 ironic quite a bit )

• Like 2

7 hours ago, misfired.8403 said:

Interesting, I joined SBI 8 some years ago from a prior T1 server and had found tons of smaller guilds and roamers, and have never been asked off a map from SBI groups since it was mostly smaller groups. What time zone were you playing when this happened? 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 minutes ago, Mabi black.1824 said:

when you played for your server, because that was your home.

Mabi! ello!, off topic but I am up way too late but we got to match time zones for a short bit, but wanted to say Hi my friend. Hope your week goes well and your gaming goes better. 🙂 . Good Forum Wars 2 to you! And I agree peeps keeping it positive is much better for the conversation. I will see your replies on the morrow on topics but hope (my overnight) your hunting goes well! Good hunting till the morrow!

Edited by TheGrimm.5624
spelling
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Mabi! ello!, off topic but I am up way too late but we got to match time zones for a short bit, but wanted to say Hi my friend. Hope your week goes well and your gaming goes better. 🙂 . Good Forum Wars 2 to you! And I agree peeps keeping it positive is much better for the conversation. I will see your replies on the morrow on topics but hope (my overnight) your hunting goes well! Good hunting till the morrow!

hi grimm,

I send the same wishes to you and all the other players of the continent NA from the continent EU, for the best week to you all. Peace and love here in GW2 as out there in the real chaos , my friend .✌️

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Interesting, I joined SBI 8 some years ago from a prior T1 server and had found tons of smaller guilds and roamers, and have never been asked off a map from SBI groups since it was mostly smaller groups. What time zone were you playing when this happened? 

First, I am not mad at anyone or the guilds involved.

My characters have been on SBI since release but I only played them a fraction of that time. My ex-friend was in a well known SBI guild and when they quit GW2 in 2015 I quit soon after. I only recently came back in 2021 to a completely different WvW.

Yes, I am fully aware that GvG happened very soon after release in WvW. I remember the map chats that said "Please do not go near that flat area around Garri we are GvGing Thank You!". I would spectate those matches and think it was one of the stupidest thing I saw in 35+ years of gaming and hoped it would die out. I was wrong. Terribly wrong.

Putting SBI in my original post was something I regret for it was not a guild or name I recognized. I assume they were from Ehmry Bay when they came to DBL this past Sunday afternoon EDT and declaring "Roamers and Afkers leave the map now". Again, I am not mad at the Guild or people involved because it has happened a few times before with other guilds. I just ignored them.

As a solo guildless roamer I fully expect to be told to leave so some guild can GvG once Alliances is out. All the people who say that guilds have the right to ask people to leave I want to thank you for reaffirming what I said. I agree with you!  Once Alliances drop, Guilds should be able to kick anyone out of their borderlands as they see fit.

I left Guild Wars 2 for 6 years and once Alliances drops I will 100% leave it again. I want nothing to do with the drama filled trainwreck that Arenanet is unleashing on us.

Sorry not all of this rant was for you TheGrimm. I just need to get it off  my chest before I stop posting here. Thanks.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, misfired.8403 said:

I would spectate those matches and think it was one of the stupidest thing I saw in 35+ years of gaming and hoped it would die out. I was wrong. Terribly wrong.

If it's any consolation, it was popular for a while, but it did die out. There's obviously some gvg groups around still, but it's not as popular as it was. A lot of fighters have turned into blobbers these days.

Putting SBI in my original post was something I regret for it was not a guild or name I recognized. I assume they were from Ehmry Bay when they came to DBL this past Sunday afternoon EDT and declaring "Roamers and Afkers leave the map now". Again, I am not mad at the Guild or people involved because it has happened a few times before with other guilds. I just ignored them.

Laugh it off and ignore them, they have no right or power to get you off a map, or dictate when or where you play. You paid for the same game as them, they'll wait in line like everyone else.

As a solo guildless roamer I fully expect to be told to leave so some guild can GvG once Alliances is out. All the people who say that guilds have the right to ask people to leave I want to thank you for reaffirming what I said. I agree with you!  Once Alliances drop, Guilds should be able to kick anyone out of their borderlands as they see fit.

Huh? who said this? lol, it ain't happening.

WvW/WR/Alliances ain't some private instance playground, they can take their backsides to the arena for that.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, misfired.8403 said:

Bunch of nonsense in your post.  Get informed.

GvGs are now happening in the added Edge of the Mists arena.  They also go to the Obsidian Sanctum.  There hasn't been GvGs going on within the WvW maps in AGES.  If you see something like that now in a WvW map it's a casual and impromptu scrimmage between two bored guilds looking for content.

And guilds trying to get onto queued maps aren't for GvGs.  It's for trying to get in to fight an organized opponent that's running over everyone already on the map, taking objectives, etc.  You know, REGULAR WVW.

Alliances have nothing to do with GvGs.  All you've done is prove what I wrote earlier in this thread about a bunch of misrepresentation going around with regards to World Restructuring and Alliances.

Edited by Chaba.5410
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1