Frostfang III drop rates

Hesione.9412

I'm having "fun" going around repeatedly killing ice elementals in Wayfarer's Foothills for https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Wayfarer's_Living_Ice

I killed all the ice elementals in the cave, and have done three full rounds of the ice elementals near Crossroads Haven Waypoint. I have not had a drop.

Does anyone know if this is a low probability drop, or whether the drop is bugged and I can't get it? I can't see any conversation about this on the forums.

• Confused 2

3 minutes ago, Hesione.9412 said:

Just dropped for me, after killing over 200 ice elementals. Just a really low drop rate.

Can confirm that shared inventory slot works okay.

This game has a feature called Diminishing Returns (DR). you likely stayed on one character or map too long trying to farm the item, which can be as low as 30 minutes depending.

Also lower level enemies have a far lower drop chance of any item.

Edited by Mariyuuna.6508
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

8 hours ago, Mariyuuna.6508 said:

This game has a feature called Diminishing Returns (DR). you likely stayed on one character or map too long trying to farm the item, which can be as low as 30 minutes depending.

Also lower level enemies have a far lower drop chance of any item.

You have to kill specific NPCs on specific maps to get the drop. The one I was after there was from Ice Elementals only in Wayfarer Foothills. This is not a normal drop, you can only get it when on Frostfang III.

• Confused 2