Traveling to Lion's Arch from outside the zone via the Sanctum Harbor Waypoint causes you to spawn beneath the terrain

Attempted this several times today and had a guild member try it themselves to make sure it wasn't just an issue on my end - currently, it appears that trying to teleport into lions arch via the sanctum harbor waypoint from any outside zone causes you to spawn swimming in water, but underneath the city itself. Travelling to the waypoint from within lion's arch works as intended - it's only when coming in from an outside zone that this error occurs.

Picture portraying this issue:

sanctum harbor bug gw2 1/30/2023 - Imgur

• Like 1

Definitely a new issue. I noticed this started happening on Monday. It's my favourite spot to warp to since it's not crowed and it's got a merchant right next to it. Not only does it inconvenience my quick trip to a merchant, it's also too tempting to goof around under there.

• Like 1

On 2/4/2023 at 5:43 PM, Smoky.5348 said:

Definitely a new issue. I noticed this started happening on Monday. It's my favourite spot to warp to since it's not crowed and it's got a merchant right next to it. Not only does it inconvenience my quick trip to a merchant, it's also too tempting to goof around under there.

Not only is it inconvenient for a merchant, but every single person porting to that waypoint for "connecting the pieces" (the second mission in "The Battle for Lion's Arch", the LWS1 chapter) will find themselves... a bit farther away.... from the meeting with Marjory than they thought they would be 😕

(Edit: punctuation)

Edited by LichOverlord.6329

I can also confirm this bug.

It seems like the vertical placement is very close to the mapped floor: When you port to it while already loaded into LA, your character position is corrected and you get pushed up to the floor. Something it might not be able to do when spawning in to the map for the first time.

You can see the opposite if porting to a different waypoint in LA multiple times in a row as your character drops to the floor slightly.