Can we get some djinn-themed outfits/clothing?

I'm not going to sit here and pretend I don't want to cosplay as Zommoros, because I do, and I'd be willing to toss money at the chance. But current wardrobe options are limited with what you can do, and figured hey, why not let it be known some of us like cosplaying non-core race characters enough to give money for the chance to do so. 

• Like 9
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Donutdude.9582 said:

Pretty cool idea but there's a thread for this 🙂

I earnestly tried finding a gemstore category. Thanks for this

8 hours ago, Sarius.9285 said:

yea wish there was more. At the moment you can only really do Qadim, and he's not even Djinn anymore 

Oh would love to see your take on a Qadim, though there's plenty of fire-themed stuff so I imagine it's not difficult.

6 hours ago, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

Who needs legs when you can have a tail with a buttcape?

Do... Do they actually have tails? Is it mentioned anywhere in lore? What models are you looking at where they actually have anything modelled below the sarong??

Edited by Dualumina.1760
I like adding replies to people
  • Like 1

On 1/31/2023 at 2:35 PM, DarcShriek.5829 said:

This idea would have been better received before EOD.  But now, it's all oriental themed stuff.

The maguuma weapon skins came out in 2021 so there is some precedent for stuff getting released years after their associated expansion came out. But you're not wrong.

On 2/1/2023 at 12:45 PM, Khisanth.2948 said:

What would you count as djinn themed?

Some sort of glowing eyes + mask head item, shoulders, hand bracers (an extra set of arms tied to an armour skin would be overkill as cool as it'd be), and a skirt that hides the feet really well leg slot and/or a feet item that renders the feet invisible similar to a ghost. Maybe a back item that adds a fake pair of arms that have idea animations. I've watched djinn idle animations enough to know there's basically only four animations they ever consistently use; their arms crossed in front of their chest/sides, "walking" with one pair of arms in front and the other set behind, one hand raised above their head in a stylized pose, and the last one being inspecting their nails.

On 2/2/2023 at 4:45 AM, Khisanth.2948 said:

What would you count as djinn themed? For me the thing that comes to mind for djinn in GW2 is 4 arms and 0 legs. That is not going to work out well for animation rigging reasons.

Blue skinned... smokey tail trailing into a genie lamp... top knot or a turban... vest on a bare chest... gold bracelets and maybe a necklace... arms crossed.

lol lol lol

I would prefer to keep legs. 
A version of the female embroidered pants would be nice. Something with better dye channels.  I do not want complicated patterns printed on the pants or three layers of cloth hanging from the waist. 
Whatever top they make, I ask that they please leave out the neck-brace that they are so fond of adding to female tops.