Patch removed all mount skins from store?

Chyro.1462

I mean.. I get rotating. But it seems very odd that there's only a single raptor skin available and nothing else?

I feel like whenever I checked store in the past at any point of time there'd be at least a few of the adoption and select licenses available. Just very frustrating cause I finished my skyscale today for my NA account and intended to buy a skin ^^'

• Confused 1

So is it a common thing that sometimes there's no mount licenses available at all? Really just curious cause it looks so odd that the mount category is empty with the exception of a single skin. I thought mount skins are one of their biggest sellers. Also that there's no mention of mount skins retiring in the gem-store updates topic, unless I somehow overlooked it.

1 hour ago, Chyro.1462 said:

So is it a common thing that sometimes there's no mount licenses available at all? Really just curious cause it looks so odd that the mount category is empty with the exception of a single skin. I thought mount skins are one of their biggest sellers. Also that there's no mention of mount skins retiring in the gem-store updates topic, unless I somehow overlooked it.

I’ve never seen no licences at all before. But, I’ve likely missed a few updates so it’s possible it’s a rare thing they do. It does seem rather odd though. Surely they would want to sell skins, but they could be seeing if removing them increases sales of the premium one.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Is the lantern skiff skin still there? I assumed it went with lunar going, but if it’s still there I might treat myself over the weekend

There's Crescent Canoe Skiff, Floating Lantern Skiff and Jade Tech Skiff skins currently.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I'm sure that Anet would appreciate it more if you actually purchased gems with cash. 😉

I’m sure they would and I will do so when I feel the quality of their output deserves my money. I used to buy lots of gems when I was happy with the game, but I haven’t for a couple of years now.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

41 minutes ago, kharmin.7683 said:

I'm sure that Anet would appreciate it more if you actually purchased gems with cash. 😉

It's all the same for Anet, because when you convert gold to gems you're getting gems someone else bought with real money and converted to gold, so they get paid either way.

• Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, Danikat.8537 said:

It's all the same for Anet, because when you convert gold to gems you're getting gems someone else bought with real money and converted to gold, so they get paid either way.

True, and I understand the conversion; however, rather than use gems that have already been paid for by someone else, I would wager that Anet would like us to purchase more gems instead.  /shrug

• Like 3
  • Confused 7

7 hours ago, kharmin.7683 said:

True, and I understand the conversion; however, rather than use gems that have already been paid for by someone else, I would wager that Anet would like us to purchase more gems instead.  /shrug

Why do you care what arenanet would like in regards to their money making? Really trying to understand your intentions, cause it sounds like you're trying to shame someone for using grinded gold instead of bought gems to get a gemstore item. Like.. what does it matter to you what someone else does to get the stuff they want?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Chyro.1462 said:

Why do you care what arenanet would like in regards to their money making? Really trying to understand your intentions, cause it sounds like you're trying to shame someone for using grinded gold instead of bought gems to get a gemstore item. Like.. what does it matter to you what someone else does to get the stuff they want?

Whoa!  Ease up, there bucko.  That's nowhere near my intention.  I was only pointing out that real money is probably preferred by Anet.  I wasn't trying to shame anyone.

As for what does it matter?  Well, I would like Anet to keep the servers running.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4