WAIT, ARE MINIS BEING REMOVED!

asterix.9614

So now they are taking away everything bit by bit from wvw, no ALLIANCE, NO SEIGE TURTLE, BAD SERVER MATCHUP/ LINKS to Overpopulated servers, and now mini being taken away....

Thank you Anet, you do realize there are "veterans" who have played for a long time, SPENT a TONNE of real life money and in game gold to purchase minis and use them in wvw. The jade bot minis cost thousands of gems (thank you for making them unusable for wvw players). You do realize there are people who don't use stealth classes, what a bad solution to the stealth problem lol, A JOKE.

Well, all in all thank you for removing my earlier post and probably this one as well for stating facts.....

• Like 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 33
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, asterix.9614 said:

So now they are taking away everything bit by bit from wvw, no ALLIANCE, NO SEIGE TURTLE, BAD SERVER MATCHUP/ LINKS to Overpopulated servers, and now mini being taken away....

Thank you Anet, you do realize there are "veterans" who have played for a long time, SPENT a TONNE of real life money and in game gold to purchase minis and use them in wvw. The jade bot minis cost thousands of gems (thank you for making them unusable for wvw players). You do realize there are people who don't use stealth classes, what a bad solution to the stealth problem lol, A JOKE.

7 minutes ago, asterix.9614 said:

Well, all in all thank you for removing my earlier post and probably this one as well for stating facts.....

LUL, dude they just give away positions/movements even non stealth, its a clutter and will most likely help performance of the game instead of having to display 150 people in one spot with shiny glowy skins and then 150 minis. 

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

13 minutes ago, RogueBalony.4357 said:

LUL, dude they just give away positions/movements even non stealth, its a clutter and will most likely help performance of the game instead of having to display 150 people in one spot with shiny glowy skins and then 150 minis. 

Yea, but in zergs they automatically get removed anyway. Ah well, I guess I was the only one in wvw who loved using the minis, especially the jade bots ones. Now they are useless to me.

Also, are you a new wvw player? Because in wvw no mini is going to locate your position to your enemy lol, they are too slow for that. I say that from a near decade of roaming in wvw 1v1+ mini hasn't been a hinderance to me personally. Ooh well

• Like 1
  • Confused 11

13 minutes ago, asterix.9614 said:

Troll pve-er? you got offended because I assumed you were a new player. You definitely are, not that it matters. I was curious because as a roamer I personally haven't been caught out by a mini lol. Still, my bad, I am someone who doesn't do the whole zerg ball thing, I find it more fun to roam in wvw. Just the reply from the salty new player though XD

lol. gets called  out for spreading misinformation and has to call someone new.. Maybe you should stick to roaming Mr Vet, i hear it has less mechanics.. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, asterix.9614 said:

Also, are you a new wvw player? Because in wvw no mini is going to locate your position to your enemy lol, they are too slow for that. I say that from a near decade of roaming in wvw 1v1+ mini hasn't been a hinderance to me personally. Ooh well

Well, that's just false. It's exactly like they said in patchnotes, newer players stealth up and then minis show clearly where they're moving. Saying minis don't do anything to locate player location in wvw is being misinformed, which is even funnier when you're trying to throw "are you a new wvw player?" question at someone in the same post. Overally that's a good change and it took them long enough to do it.

• Like 6
  • Confused 1

48 minutes ago, asterix.9614 said:

Thank you Anet, you do realize there are "veterans" who have played for a long time, SPENT a TONNE of real life money and in game gold to purchase minis and use them in wvw.

Most vets in WvW i spoken to about the updates state that this change is a great QoL as it IS clutter and most that run WvW know not to have a mini out as even if you dont run stealth yourself, you may be in a fight where you get stealthed by an ally (gotta think of more than just yourself in this scenario). It sucks yeah however a lot of ppl agree its def for the best (and less deaths for PvE'er who enter WvW who keep their minis out after stealthing)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, asterix.9614 said:

Yea, but in zergs they automatically get removed anyway. Ah well, I guess I was the only one in wvw who loved using the minis, especially the jade bots ones. Now they are useless to me.

I got killed in the dredge tunnels one time when I was running away from a big scary charr once. I took a wrong turn ending up in a dead end, and when my slow mini caught up to me so did this huge train of pain 🙃 Pretty sure he did not see me go the wrong way as i did not see him behind me, so he must have followed my mini. so they can indeed kill pve plebs such as myself when we dare to enter the realm of death. Ah, the memories 

• Haha 8

This change is the very definition of watching the new guy at work get all the praise and handouts he needs to succeed, but with none of the experience and hard work needed to achieve said success. I bet the only WvW dev on Anet's team came into WvW on a Mesmer, did mass invis and was chased down by someone who wasn't a brainlet who saw his mini.

I can't wait for the next patch notes where Anet give new players a 1k armour buff and pulsing stab for standing on SMC wall, and a free express ticket to MAG server with a full set of ascended marauders gear for their pew pew ranger.

While we are at it, let's just give new players a 'Trainee' name badge so people can't be rude to them. Also tweak their HP values so instead of learning to kite AoE damage they can just run straight through an enemy bomb and only take a maximum of 10% total damage.

• Haha 2
  • Confused 3

35 minutes ago, gitssac.7302 said:

I bet the only WvW dev on Anet's team came into WvW on a Mesmer, did mass invis and was chased down by someone who wasn't a brainlet who saw his mini.

Too bad there isn't a mesmer dev, hasn't been for years.

Raymond use to play necro, Cal use to play war, ele.

Other devs have played firebrand scrapper dragonhunter ranger.

In other words, you might want to revise your story. 🤭

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, gitssac.7302 said:

I bet the only WvW dev on Anet's team came into WvW on a Mesmer, did mass invis and was chased down by someone who wasn't a brainlet who saw his mini.

If that was how this change came about, then great!  Maybe we can get some other changes that way too.

• Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Chaba.5410 said:

If that was how this change came about, then great!  Maybe we can get some other changes that way too.

Now we need a respectable player who knows how the exploits work of jumping into towers and keeps, to take one of these in-game devs by the hand and show them where to put invisible walls to fix those issues.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1