Scourge - Trailblazer or Viper?

Zimny.9781

Hi

I suppose that similar posts to this one were popular but I couldn't find anything, so I'm really stuck and I don't want to waste any of my mats for something I definitely wont love. Im stuck between choosing trailblazer and viper as in title. I really want to do open world champs easy but also I want to be able to play raids or other pve content using the same gear if its possible. 
What gear will be a good choice? I got enough items only for one, either viper or trailblazer. Help pls=)

If you want to also engage with instanced content on the same Gear, especially Raids (where toughness tanking is a thing on some bosses), you definitely want to go with Viper's. 

Scourge is pretty survivable as is, and while Trailblazer or Celestial (with the appropriate builds) will give you better results for especially tough solo content, you can definitely make Viper's work there too (especially for OW). 

If you find yourself struggling with something especially tough later, you can still look into working towards a dedicated solo play set then. 

Until then, or if you only want to invest into one set, Viper's will provide the best value.

Edited by Asum.4960
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 1/31/2023 at 9:37 PM, Zimny.9781 said:

Hi

I suppose that similar posts to this one were popular but I couldn't find anything, so I'm really stuck and I don't want to waste any of my mats for something I definitely wont love. Im stuck between choosing trailblazer and viper as in title. I really want to do open world champs easy but also I want to be able to play raids or other pve content using the same gear if its possible. 
What gear will be a good choice? I got enough items only for one, either viper or trailblazer. Help pls=)

For organized content; raids, fractals, strikes, etc, Viper (with Nightmare or Torment runes) is mandatory for the DPS role. Trailblazer is strictly for comfy PvEing about. 

On 2/1/2023 at 4:37 AM, Zimny.9781 said:

I want to be able to play raids or other pve content using the same gear if its possible. 

Vipers. Don't worry about open world durability, just have a build running Blood Magic and Minions and you're pretty durable even using Vipers.