Invisible barrier in the Not So Secret jumping puzzle [Merged]

Recently (I was told it was yesterday) a large invisible block has appeared in Not So Secret, at the point where you jump on narrow horizontal pipes on the way to the deck of the airship. It's on top of the last pipe that's a little higher than the others. Sometimes you can make the jump but it seems random. Has someone found a reliable way to jump on it or bypass it easily?

I was just trying to do this now on my charr warrior. Without using Warrior Sprint, I was unable to get onto the last pipe. As soon as I specced into Warrior Sprint to get the 25% movement speed increase while holding a melee weapon and managed to get onto the last pipe on the first try. So I think its a character movement speed issue. If you have a source of swiftness or quickness, a full set of fireworks runes or superspeed, you should find it easier to do.

• 3 weeks later...

I was heading to do this today for a Season 1 achievement and ran face first into the new wall. While workarounds like swiftness are nice to know (and even with swiftness plus a dodge-jump it still took me 5 or 6 tries, then I could not replicate it so gave up), I hope they fix this soon. The JP has enough annoyances as it is, we don't need bugs and glitches making it even worse.

Has there been any acknowledgement from ANet that this is an issue?

Hello, I will get to the point, at this moment (February 22, 2023) the jumping puzzle "Not So Secret" cannot be done, for some reason and I don't know at what moment an invisible wall appeared at the beginning of it ( where there are 5 bars in which you have to jump, in the last one there is a small invisible wall on top).

I usually help players to get to the diving goggles or to the chest in this JP, I took a break and when I came back I realized this thing in the middle of the route.

I'm making this post so that someone from ArenaNet can notify it and it can be fixed, right now this JP is difficult for those who want to try it for the first time, and now for a collision bug to appear, it could make many people desperate.

I understand that you can not upload images but if you can give a link, here I leave an image of what I mean: https://ibb.co/0Vrdh0Z

Thank you for taking the time to read this post, I hope you have a good day.

Edited by NecroGenezis.8516
Image of the problem
  • Thanks 1

• Forum Moderator.3419 changed the title to Invisible barrier in the Not So Secret jumping puzzle [Merged]
  • 1 month later...

The initial part of the Not-So-Secret Jumping Puzzle involves jumping from pipe to pipe.  There appears to be an invisible wall in front of the last pipe.  I assume this was put there to prevent people from bypassing the pipes by jumping from the rock below to the last pipe.  Unfortunately, it's nearly impossible for people to do the JP the way it was intended because they keep hitting the invisible wall.  Ironically, the only practical way to make the last jump is by jumping from the rock to the last pipe, which is what the invisible wall was supposed to prevent.  If you don't want people to bypass the pipes, don't put in an invisible wall.  Remove the rock.  You might also want to fix the Spinners of Death up top so you don't fly passed the second spinner.  If you know the workaround, you live.  Otherwise, you die. 

• Like 1

• 1 month later...