February 14 Balance Update Preview

Rubi Bayer.8493

Let's see mech changes......power still dead, not adjustments to make condi smoother ooof

reverting QoL mantra changes for cast timers, guess we ignore mantras now since that's a dps loss (dps loss either way) but ok

Warrior gunsaber now swings bullets nice, and axe and pistol will still be best in slot so who cares? No damage increases? just x D

Reaper gets some RP changes nice, you know they still need a damage buffs right fellas? maybe a nerf to their shroud in PVP so it ads only 50% damage reduction. No? just a whole bunch of useless stuff? Did they also forget the other necro specs that are behind?

Thief get's absolutely dumpstered, don't blame the devs here since they honestly don't know what a thief is, after all, they still can't fix deadeye despite it being an easy to grasp premise, as in it shoots stuff, it probably uses pistols, bows, and rifles in mid to long range and gets bodied if it gets to close, though I get that's a little too complicated x D

Also PvP changes no one cares about but 5 conqx people still playing. Next time call these balance tweaks so people know to ignore.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 4

24 minutes ago, QUEEN CANDY.8379 said:

I am a newbie here and I'm curious as to why the Engineer's turrets haven't been changed in years??! Is it just me??

Happy for some of the changes to Ele, particularly the Alacrity. 

The mantras change for Mesmer seems odd to me but since my mesmer is under level 10 I haven't played it enough. 

Answer to your question is years ago there was a point when they were OP and had absolutely zero counterplay while being totally autonomous.  Like most summon-based builds, it was realized the entire design concept is kind of unhealthy for competitive play and should be re-designed.  This was in the days when changes were global and all formats were considered when designing classes/skills and tuning numbers.

So out of interest in making the game more fun, they hard-nerfed them because even pro players couldn't outplay them, so they forced them out of the meta.  Which was good, except for the fact they haven't re-designed or replaced them since, nor have they touched numbers despite numbers being massively-inflated over the course of the expansions.

It's one of the many cases where weapons/utilities/builds/concepts have just completely been ignored due to the lack of existing relevance in PvE, and not being utterly broken to the point where a nerf has to be made, so ANet just does nothing and lets the concept rot.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

Necro/Reaper player here.

I see someone has been reading the Necromancer forum. Changes are nice and make nearly useless skills somewhat useful. Not sure if this will make me change my build but we'll see.

HOWEVER!

in the past days, I made a new character to play the storyline from the beginning and with all the balance changes, I thought I could include dungeons since those should be pretty much soloable now, even with core necro and to my surprised, they are, EXCEPT Honor of the Waves.

why? Well, unlike the rest of the dungeons, the champions and some groups deal massive damage! And while I still defeated those (after dying many times which didn't happen in any other dungeon), the last boss is just impossible. It deals way too much damage too darn fast and even with Marauder gear and full Blood/Death magic Minionmancer, both my health and Shroud got depleted almost immediately.

now, those are group content, ok I get it, but this only pointed out the real problem with Necro/Reaper. WE HAVE NO REAL SUSTAIN! Necro is weak but it has massive sustain, sure, BUT this only apply to easy content. Anything challenging and that sustain mean kitten. And Reaper damage is ok but the sustain is null. 30 stacks of Carapace + Protection + "Rise" +27k HP + Shroud + Life stealing did absolutely nothing!

so, can you check that in future patches? Our dps is not high enough to justify having zero sustain.

I managed to solo honor of the waves on reaper before the damage reduction nerfs to shroud. I haven't tried it recently and don't know if you can take pokemon sword/shield boons into dungeons (I imagine you can't but I never played pve much) but if you can then I think its even more doable than before. If you can't take the boons with you then yeah, you're going to need to play renegade or herald.

Most changes seem good to me. I have no complaints.

Rather than complain, I do have some questions for future patches:

Necromancer Offhands:

Is there any intention to possibly provide Necromancer with a better OH for Strike Damage? As you know, Necromancer's Offhands are all focused on some form of utility. WH is focused on CC and life force generation, Focus has boon strip and life steal, while Dagger is condi-focused and has a transfer.  So when we use Axe MH or Dagger MH, we don't really have many options.

Engineer OH Pistol

Is there any consideration to rework Engineer pistol OH? The design itself is a bit odd. You pair it with a clearly ranged MH, but the OH is melee range? (In addition to that, the roleplay is just.. weird. Why is a pistol acting like a flamethrower and shooting glue grenades? Wouldn't it make more sense to shoot an incendiary shot functionally similar to Blowtorch, but able to be used at range?)

Chronomancer can supply both Alacrity and Quickness
The change to time warp means that a really try-hard Mesmer can seemingly upkeep both Alacrity and Quickness. Is that intended? It doesn't seem particularly powerful though...

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

Something useful that could be done for Ranger: rework spirits. I saw a suggestion for them to be remade to be like Renegade Warband members, so that they pulse boons and negative effects while still having their entity. Alternatively make them into wells. As it stands, Druid struggles with boon output in WvW, and in Fractals spirits can be killed far too easy by things like Flux Bomb, where you cannot help them as they have 7k HP and cannot be made tankier to avoid such a problem. Making them like the warband on Renegade solves the boon output WvW issue, and helps make supportive Druid slightly more viable in all areas of play. No numbers changes, just make it pulse their boon and negative effect, if at all (one and done). Removing the ability to kill spirits means Druid loses some of that tedious pre-summoning while retaining the exact same effects- a nice QoL change.

In addition, Warrior and Ranger could really use losing quickness and alacrity on core soon. Ranger losing core alacrity (put it on druid) could mean the Untamed fervent force rework could be made significantly easier, as you don't need to balance around alacrity and could even make it a quickness role. Berserker could become the new warrior quickness role, and either spellbreaker or the next warrior espec could gain alacrity, with Bladesworn being your "DPS pumping" spec.

Another positive ranger change- make it so (at least in PvE, if possible) pets in the same family don't share cooldowns. Currently, there is very little reason to swap pets beyond needing more CC. For example, I could easily see having 2 drakes on untamed being quite strong even in PvE, however when Tail Swipe goes on cooldown on one drake, it goes on cooldown on the other. Even with core, you can't double up on pets to get more damage out (usually at the cost of what little utility pets can provide).

Also, maybe don't pump Power Weaver so much. The Weave Self changes are already a very nice buff, hopefully you tone these weapon changes down so they don't make you nerf Power Weaver to an even worse state than it was before. Tiny buffs might be more in line on the weapon skills.

• Confused 2

3 hours ago, Jake.7526 said:

The burning speed and earthen rush changes on dagger main hand ele are so cursed for tempest. Because on tempest its not used for dps its used to move away from enemies or evade..

They mentioned on the stream that you can untarget something to use Burning Speed/Earthen Rush for their full mobility. It just makes DPS with main hand dagger not so scuffed.

Firebrand Mantras

I think this change is a disaster for QFB/HFB

Most mantras can only be used for HFB or QFB However, both HFB and QFB have difficult requirements for players

HFB requires complex equipment support, and it is necessary to observe the time of teammates HP and BUFF at any time

The simplification of mantras is obviously better for most HFB users, which allows them to focus more on combat and the environment. Of course, it is also more friendly to new players.

If the mantras are complicated then the HFB player will have to control the pages, control the mantras, heal the player and observe the environment no one wants the fight to be as tiring as work

Perhaps buffing other healers/supporters would be better Such as Healer Renegade/Tempest compared to HFB, they all need to be improved to a certain extent

I think the balancing idea for support roles is to have smooth replacements for them rather than making good classes bad

Reducing the 80-point role to 60-point does not make the balance better. Let the 60-point role increase to 80. At least most support players will feel happy

Edited by Lei.6517
  • Like 5

Well if i ever felt like playing untamed over my current choice of soulbeast it's now dead and buried, why for the love of god why does ranger need another cast time to a movement skill. Instinctive engage on high ping is awful as by the time you land the enemy is on the other side of the map, ranger needs more snapiness.
Another skill that feels broken at high ping is serpent's strike and to a lesser extent stalker's strike, cripple is not enough to guarantee those skills will land and especially serpent's strike which tends to roll you in such a wide manner that you hope the enemy walks into it.
Also please find more pets to synergize with poison master in PvE you only have the bird due to its low cd to perma proc it and im not sure if this is a high ping issue again but you really need to smash the skill activation and attack command or it feels like an eternity before the pet actually uses its skill, just very clunky and unreliable.
I do appreciate those buffs to utilities which do feel lackluster for how much cd they have although im still skeptical on if i will use the signets as 25% ms on hunt feels almost meaningless with how many classes have perma swiftness or high superspeed uptime, not sure if you could give it another use. Signet of renewal is only there for the resistance imo and dolyak does that better. Signet of wild again feels like an eternity for a small immob field that you will be half dead by the time you finish casting it.
Please just consider the impact of cast times on a class that has most of its defences packed into active dodgerolls and evades.

Why does Soothing Disruption no longer reduce Cantrip CD in WvW?  

For any WvW roaming Weaver that used both Lightning Flash and Armor of Earth, they just lost the CD reduction and got nothing in return because the Lightning Flash CD reduction is PvE-only and the Armor of Earth CD reduction is PvP-only.  

That tier of Water is generally pretty trash, and Water as a whole is pretty trash so it was already a pretty tough sell to justify going Water to begin with.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bunny.9834 said:

Give Cantrips global CD reduction. 

the CD reduction trait is what makes Cantrips semi usable in competitive modes.

Yes. And don't lock it behind PvE/PvP. WvW got absolutely no compensation in Cantrip CD despite losing the trait.  

And buff the trait in some other way. Right now, Water is already an extremely lackluster specialization (unless you're a healing Tempest) that's a begrudging pick for condi cleanse. Why make it worse?

• Like 6

about time with the alac on tempest becoming pulse. hopefully in the future ele gets more core utility reworks to bring up the support ability so tempest dont feel like they cant use water overload (the lockout from using water overload is still pretty limiting). like most of the other changes to pve ele too.

On 2023. 2. 3. at 오전 9시 19분, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Shadow Meld: This skill no longer removes revealed in PvP and WvW.

Please reconsider this decision.

Of course, as the only Revealed removal skill, I'll admit it's an annoyance to other classes.
However, in front of several one-shot builds that forced Revealed, the most important survival and attack technique was completely ruined.

Now it's not worth using at all in PVP and WVW.
Are you saying that the elite skill should only use Dagger Storm now?

(Who used the scrapper sneak gyro now?)

If you really need to nerf it, consider applying it to Competitive as a 1-stack skill (with a slightly reduced cooldown instead).

Edited by shinvold.3618
  • Like 1

I love the staff and tempest updates they are good support updates and we can now say for sure staff is an utitily support wepon. The thing is that leaves scpter as the only real dps ranged wepon for the ele class yet it was nerfed in wvw and realy over all this update is a hard nerf to the ele class in wvw out side of the support builds. I am at a lost to why anet felt the end to hit ele so hard in wvw.

I quite like the change to Gunsabers attacks, allowing it to be both a viable midrange and close range weapon, without breaking either side. It alleviates some of the issues Bladesworns had. However, there is a slight issue with the ranged attack chain, as while attacks 1 and 2 do good ranged damage, attack 3, despite having a slightly longer cast time, does significantly less damage, at only a 0.2 scaling compared to 1s and 2s 0.6 scaling. Countintuitively, this makes not completing the chain strictly correct, and incentivises resetting the attack chain after attack 2 as much as possible. Which leads to pretty poor gameplay in my opinion.

My suggestion would be to use the same mechanic as for attack 1 and 2, where attack 3s ranged component does more standalone damage, but gets reduced significantly if the slash also hits. For example, a 0.8 scaling with a 75% reduction would keep the damage identical for melee, but make the ranged attack chain actually worth completing, and would no longer incentivise constantly resetting it.

Once again copying my old post from the last two balance patches for a 3rd time as it requires repeating. However, the changes to Mesmer are nice but simply do not affect many of the issues currently affecting the class from the damage that was done from the past two balance teams (this current team is the 3rd set/time a change was made since POF to the balance team, at least out of the changes we know of) as well as the "knowledgeable community" on the forums/reddit.  

Please add a system or something to the forums that will show and identify the numbers of hours each of us have on a class! For example, it can be a simple star under our avatar icon that colored with the main color of each class. Mesmer would be purple, Necro green, etc. You can then put a number 1-5+ to represent the amount of hours invested in the class in units of a thousand. This way when a player suggesting ideas to "balance" a class has no hours but someone who plays the class has a purple badge with a 5 in it (5,000 hours) disagrees and/or corrects them people and developers can easily and quickly identify who should have a better understanding of the class and the ramifications these suggestions will have.

For wvw and pvp there is way too much mobility. Mesmer and Thief used to have the most mobility. Mesmer now has some of the lowest while Thief has to "pay" a tax to use some of it's. Specific things such as this need to be looked into! There needs to be a set of standards that if a class can do A and B then it cant do C. For example, if a class has high range damage, high sustain (including boons), then it should have little to no mobility so that it can be countered. This includes access and uptime to boons such as might and stability. These two boons and the ability of a class to easily maintain them is what is bringing back the bunker meta that cost GW2 (along with poor balancing) its Esports spot (lmao... Esports). 

Stat distribution on gear is beyond out of hand not just with Celestials. Currently a light armor Marauder's helm gives  54 power, 54 precision, 30 vitality, and 30 ferocity. This gives a total of 168 state points. While a Celestial light armor helm gives +30 to 9 different stats giving a total of 270 stat points. This is 102 more stats than the Marauder's helm. Stats need to be equalized based on the gear piece slot they're on with no difference between the total number of stats that specific piece of gear has when compared to another, mind you this stat total only varies with armor class (though armor class really does not matter all too much). The heavier an armor type gets the less or more stats (normally less) that armor pieces' total state pool is. For example, a light armor helm gives a total of 100 stat points while a medium armor helm has a total of 95. This is then affected by the stat type, ie Marauders or Celestials of the gear. This decides how the 100 or 95 total stat points are divided up. Marauders would invest more of the 100 total stats into power and precision while celestials would have equally divide the total 100 stats by the 9 different stats it gives. This would remove the disparity between stats types. This means all light armor helms give a total of 100 stat points but depending on the stat type will dictate how the stat total is again divided up. (I hope I explained this concept well).

Trait disparity amongst classes is another massive issue though harder to manage and balance. I'll try to keep this one short. There needs to be a guide line that identifies if a trait is a adapt, master, or a grandmaster trait as well is as if it should be a minor trait (minors, cant be changed) . It is highly evident there currently is not. For example, Willbender has a set major adept traits (this is the lowest level/rank of a trait and thus should be the weakest of the traits to pick from) that give it an extra 120 condition damage, +120 healing power, or +120 power plus 100% damage increase. THIS IS RIDCULOUS and insanely over powered for a set of adept traits. Most other classes do not get these types of traits until master or grandmaster. Why is this still happening?! WHY HAS THIS NOT BEEN BROUGHT UP MORE AND STILL NOT ADRESSED?! It is things like this that make us, the player base, your consumer feel like balance greatly favors specific classes. This feeling worsens when its left unchecked! These adept traits are better than most classes minor traits LET ALONE grandmaster traits. 

Mesmer's core traits got hit hard to bring Mirage down as well as a handful of weapon skills and utilities. This included removing damage, lowering condi application (the wrong way), increasing cooldowns and reworking traits and utilities.  

Phantasmas still die to cleave in pvp/wvw and in some pve areas yet there was a need to nerf disenchanter first before addressing this issue and the issue of disenchanter as well as several other phantasmas not landing their attacks most of the time. 

Chrono: The alacrity and quickness changes are awful. Chrono has to now pick a grandmaster trait to get either minimal access quickness or alacrity?! On top of this the constitution coefficients are extremely low in both pvp/wvw and pve. Other classes have better access to both and can use and maintain both much better than Chrono currently can.

Virtuoso is a mess now with distortion, it did not need this when it has a utility that gives it distortion plus five blades. Virtuoso needs a rework on dagger as well as its utilities and elite (see old notes).

I always have more to say tough this is enough for now.

Below is my old input for reference and to make it more easy for people to find and refence. Enjoy and thank you for taking the time to read my massive wall of text. 

Old input:

Virtuoso still struggles massively in wvw/pvp especially the dagger weapon. 

Change/add to deadly blades:

After a successful critical hit your next shatter (ALL 5 BLADES) is unblockable and cant be reflected. Once the shatter is used this affect then has goes on cooldown with a CD of 10-15 sec.

Rest of my thoughts sadly still apply to Virtuoso.

Repeating: 

Mesmer input:

Core traits on Mesmer as a whole are a mess and will need a massive look into/rework, I whish you luck with this!

Change phantasms so that they can NOT be targeted and killed. Make it what it simply is, a delayed burst with a fancy animation/affect. Outside of PVE and even in some PVE areas phantasms die too fast to complete their affect/attack. On top of this several of these skills are still very buggy and won't complete their attack too. 

This change would reduce a massive amount of visual clutter that many people complain about when fighting Mesmers as they won't have to worry about tab targeting through a set of clones and another set of phantasms. This would also then help promote the use of phantasms in large scale play such as zergs and would allow for better balancing of these skills and Mesmer as a whole.

Virtuoso Input:

We desperately need a way to counter projectile denial skills as these skills completely shut this specialization down.

Skill 3 on dagger needs a full rework. The skill is slow, in both PVE (only a handful of raid bosses get hit by this) and PVP as it is only effective if the target is stationary. This is the highest damaging weapon skill on dagger and its unable to hit much of anything. For those unaware, the storm itself does not do damage it is the 3 projectiles that are shot off of it that apply damage hence why it only hits a handful of raid bosses. Making it into a port of some kind would be great. An example would be skill 3 on p/d thief (shadow strike/repeater) or a block skill that teleports and changes into a flip damage skill. This would be great as it would pair well with the block/evade traits.

The utilities could use a full rework. The heal is horrendous,  Sword of Decimation and Rain of Swords have too long of a cast time on top of a long animation wind up. RS should be on par with Meteor Shower. Meteor Shower is a weapon skill with a much larger radius, higher target cap, and  much higher damage and damage coefficient. Sword of Decimation would actually replace weapon skill 3 on the dagger very well as this class wants to kite and greatly lacks the tools to do it on its weapon kit and utilities.

Shatters need a faster cast time as currently it suffers from two cast times. The fist is the actual cast time while the second is the delay due to the long animation. Skills F3 and F4 are very lack luster due to not having as much of a difference/impact when using them with 3 or more blades. As others have mentioned removing the cast time OR removing the requirement to face the target would be a good fix to this. 

The elite is also awful.  Make it a V/cone attack. This way the counter for it is closing the gap with the Mesmer rather then side stepping out of it. In its current state it does not force a dodge, block, or invulnerability and just like weapon skill 3 is only effective on stationary targets.

I'd start here and then after see where the specialization falls before messing with the traits. As its hard to say what exactly to do with the traits until the issues with the weapon and utilities are fixed.

Mirage:

The issue here is once again distortion and signet of illusions as well as a handful of runes, sigils, and food that increase endurance regeneration.  

Infinite Horizon needs to be made baseline so that the ambush skills can be balanced more appropriately. The ambush skills keep getting nerfed because of this trait. This forces players to pick up this trait due to the lack of damage from the ambush skills with out it. 

An idea for Mirage would be to change distortion to a shatter that consumes clones and for each clone consumed gain x amount of endurance back. This works really well given IH is made baseline in that you'll now need to chose between destroying your clones for survivability causing you to lose damage or keep them risking losing the fight but gain more damage protentional through IH.

Overall balance input:

Stab either needs to be reduced in the amount of access classes have to it or it needs to be changed like Aegis. Where applying more stab only increases the duration of the boon. This will prevent many classes that are currently very problematic from face tanking CCs in both PVE and in competitive game modes (PVP/WVW).

Mobility needs to be toned down massively. Both Memser and Thief have been nerfed a plethora of times due to their mobility. Now we have other classes that have more mobility (and range in some cases) than Mesmer while others are on par with Thief while also having stealth and high/er damage and range too.

WVW:

A red flag for balance needs to be classes running builds in full celestial gear (It was removed from PVP for a reason). Currently a handful of classes can run full Celestial gear and both damage as if they're using full berserkers/assassins gear while sustaining as if they are in full Minstrels gear. These classes traits, boon access and generation, and both damage and healing/support coefficients need to be looked at.

Edited by Jojo.6590
Formatting
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Getting Pages back upon respawning, is such a bad change especially for WvW. So you use all your pages on FB then go downstate in a rally battle and back into full power again to spam pages. Or someone rezz you with signet/glyph and you're back into full power, it makes no sense, since no other class work this way. 

If a Thief respawn, you don't get initative back.
If Holo respawn you don't get heat back
If Catalyst respawn, you don't get energy back
If Virtiuso respawn they don't get charges back
I can go on with the list. 

Why would only guardian get this benefit? When so many other classes probably get even more hurt from going into downstate than a Firebrand. 

• Like 5

REVERT the previous sustain nerfs, the little dagger and shout changes dont mean jack kitten. 

2/28/2022

Unholy Martyr: Reduced the number of conditions removed when exiting shroud from 3 to 2 in PvP only.

Lesser Enfeeble: Reduced weakness duration from 6 seconds to 3 seconds in PvP only.

Vampiric: Reduced base life-stealing damage from 41 to 29 in PvP only. Reduced base life-stealing healing from 39 to 26 in PvP only. Minion life stealing has been adjusted to match the necromancer life stealing in PvP only.

Vampiric Presence: Reduced base life-stealing damage from 65 to 49 in PvP only. Reduced base life-stealing healing from 32 to 28 in PvP only. Reduced life-stealing bonus effectiveness while in shroud from 100% to 50% in PvP only.

Summon Flesh Wurm: Increased cooldown from 32 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only.

7/19/2022
Corrupter's Fervor: Reduced protection duration from 3 seconds to 1.5 seconds in PvP

Revert the scepter and shroud decay nerfs while youre at it. With the meta specs having invuln / blocks out their kitten, these changes for necro you guys listed are not going to change a kitten thing

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

>Buffing tempest when it's the best and most overplayed support spec in PvP

>Slap on the wrist to the most broken spec ( Scepter Cata ) in over 5 years.

>Nerfing skills that have obvious counterplay

This balance patch is a clear miss and shows a severe lack of understanding of the meta and what is actually being playing in plat+ games and ATs. Did Anet not watch the mAT? Did you not see 5 Catas completely dominate? That isn't going to be fixed by 0.5 less power contrib on DT, especially when you nerfed non-meta specs even harder.

Shameful display.

Edited by Master Ketsu.4569
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

(Talking about PvE) Please add some cd to the 3rd hammer skill of catalyst... there's always the possibility to throw projectiles instantly before you can do a proper rotation and its pretty punishing... the same cd was added for a specter skill and now you added for firebrand tomes too... pls fix 3rd cata hammer skill too... 

Edited by ralkeon.6304

These seem like good changes mostly, I am very happy to see mantras get their flavour back. I noticed you culled most (or all?) cooldown reductions from traits, which is fine, but some traits seem to be left woefully underpowered as a result. I'm looking at conjurer in particular... all it does now is give you fire aura when you pick up a conjure? That would be sad even for a minor trait, never mind a major.

Guardian hammer changes are welcome, that weapon has long felt a bit weird/basic. I see you also tweaked mainhand dagger on necromancer which has had the same problem, but I am still not really sure what the point of it is supposed to be. It seems you are leaning more into the life force generation aspect of it, is that all the weapon is really supposed to be? A way to quickly generate life force before swapping to something else?

Reaper changes are nice but frankly I do not think they will be enough to get reaper to the sort of dps levels it should have in pve. Shouts getting buffed is nice as the shouts have felt a bit underpowered, but the spec as a whole also needs work. I would really like to see a bit more willingness to buff reaper, it has been in the dumps for so very long - power reaper especially. I would also like to see condition reaper given some support as I do think it plays a bit uniquely from other condi builds for necro and that is worth preserving. Some stuff I would like to see is deathly chill having its bleeding buffed for the condi build, and some other buffs (perhaps to greatsword damage?) targeted more at the power build side of things. Chilled to the bone could create a frost field, which is arguably a little outside the normal purview of what a shout does but an elite needs to be able to stand out a little. That would have nice synergy for condi builds in particular and help it stand out from flesh golem for pve, which it doesn't really do very well right now, as both are just damage and defiance break.

Even though you clearly do not want chronomancer to be giving both alacrity and quickness, I feel it is a huge shame and loss of flavour that the spec that was built around these (and literally created alacrity before it was even a boon) has to pick and choose. Perhaps an option would be to have a chronomancer at least able to sustain both boons on just herself, if not others?

edit: I really think that warrior could benefit from having adrenaline and flow decay delayed by a few seconds after combat ends, at least in pve. I can understand if you think having them drop off quickly in pvp is important, but it makes fighting enemies that don't live long enough a pretty bland or even frustrating experience on warrior. There was a delay on losing adrenaline when the game launched but it was removed, I assume because of how berserker's power used to work where you were encouraged to just sit at max adrenaline permanently, but that is hardly an issue now (if that IS why it was nerfed).

Edited by Kolzi.5928
warrior pet peeve
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

30 minutes ago, Master Ketsu.4569 said:

>Buffing tempest when it's the best and most overplayed support spec in PvP

>Slap on the wrist to the most broken spec ( Scepter Cata ) in over 5 years.

>Nerfing skills that have obvious counterplay

This balance patch is a clear miss and shows a severe lack of understanding of the meta and what is actually being playing in plat+ games and ATs. Did Anet not watch the mAT? Did you not see 5 Catas completely dominate? That isn't going to be fixed by 0.5 less power contrib on DT, especially when you nerfed non-meta specs even harder.

Shameful display.

Sad; we probly gonna still see Cata's and Tempest even after everyone (non-brokeness enjoyers) said that they still need hard nerfs soon.

The same with Holo.

Edited by ZolracAtrox.2908
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1