Feb 3 preview for rev

Infusion.7149

Can't speak for the Alliance legend since I don't use it, but for a hybrid dps on Vindicator I've been using this:

http://en.gw2skills.net/editor/?PmwAwyZlxQHMPyh1RNMO6hRSfMCKgl3laMH-zRhYbRBRlSXo0qCjMSgYQglSmRQEFQthQFJgJHkxYFEVAPJdAlpQrhDW2dY/rA-e

Food/utility is what it is because I share the same equipment template for my dps/quick herald in fractals. Useful when the healers can't keep up in fractals or strikes. Haven't had any complaints about dps while using this.

• Confused 1

On 2/14/2023 at 1:00 AM, Yasai.3549 said:

By your same logic, people who sign up as DPS Vindicator but run zu Heltzer are also gonna be kicked unless they get their traits sorted. You keep talking about things like "But Vindicator has heals from all these other sources" but are they really used? 

If they sit on it for long periods, yes, they're going to underperform. It could sometimes be useful in a "the healers are struggling and need a bit of help" situation, but this is similar to DPS firebrands popping F2. A good player should have the presence of mind to use it to prevent a wipe, but ideally, it'd be something that remains in the back pocket and is not used in a DPS build. 

There is a hard fact here that Alliance is fundamentally a "one or the other" deal when it comes to actual functional builds and my original statement all the way from the beginning before all this got sidetracked was that it is highly inefficient to build for both at the same time. It's still true, it's fundamentally true that it's inefficient, and it's all because you're not meant to be able to build for both together and have them perform properly vs focusing your stats on a specific build. 

Except that that doesn't need to be the case. We don't have a suitable stat set to get both decent power damage and good healing stats - that would require some mix of power, precision, ferocity, and healing power, and outside of celestial that set does not exist in PvE. However, if the stats were available, Archemorus being DPS-oriented and Saint Viktor being healing-oriented would not prevent builds from being able to make use of both - the current meta demonstrates that a healing build does not necessarily need to be in a legend that provides full healing all the time.

Whatever. Go record a raid or something using DPSHeal Archemorus and clear it so darn cleanly that it  shows everyone it's possible for a new meta. I for one think it's ridiculous since Vindicator doesn't even offer key boons, so you're forcing your subgroup to run an extra BoonDPS because you wanna run "DPSHeal" instead of running a proper BoonSupport and full DPS.

Nowhere have I claimed that the hypothetical build I've been talking about already exists - in fact, part of my point is that the stat set that would be required to support it does not exist. However, I am saying that it could exist.

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

19 hours ago, Ashford.8540 said:

Also if a Vin needs a staff to stay alive instead of having duel swords on the weapon swap, that's a skill issue. Vin has access to 2.8 damage evades, a greatsword block, 3 heals in emergencies, a cleanse in emergencies, plenty of mobility, and IDK if you know this bit of newb fact but uh did you know there is such a thing as endurance food buffs? That regen endurance faster? so your Vin can dodge much more often adding more Survivability?

Wait are you talking about PvP or PvE for this portion here?

If it's still PvE, may I add that it's almost crucial for Vindicator to swap to Staff for CC because none of Alliance actually inflicts CC which kind of sucks. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1