Mesmer Feb 3 preview

Infusion.7149

1 hour ago, Gesbo.6420 said:

In recent changes they mentioned how each skill has a potential allowence for its power. I am stull struggling to understand how Decoy has a longer cooldown than Signet of Midnight.

Are they suggesting that a single clone and one extra second of stealth is stronger than the expertise bump and blind hence its 5 seconds longer of cooldown?

ArenaNet "You have been heard. Signet of Midnight cooldown will be increased to 48s"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 4

On 2/14/2023 at 11:16 PM, Kulvar.1239 said:

If they made the cooldown shorter baseline it wouldn't be so bad.

Mirror - 16s cooldown
Blink - 28s cooldown
Illusion of Life - 60s cooldown
Mimic - 24s cooldown
Arcane Thievery - 20s cooldown

it would have been magical, giving some more utilities and ways to splash this agies. I can udnerstand why they avoided blink but if you are taking away a trait that did give a cooldown reduction its only fair to give at least some sort of compenastion for completely scrapping it. Even shaving 5 seconds off of Blink would have been acceptabale than just not touching the skills most often used with master of manipulation.

• Like 3

No. Literally master of manipulations was a perfect utility trait. Out of the many things in chaos that could use attention, this is literally the only one that had NO REASON at all to be changed. If anything had to be done about it (and it's really debatable) it could have used a SLIGHT bump to the superspeed, from 1.5s to maybe 2, and that is it.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Terrorhuz.4695 said:

No. Literally master of manipulations was a perfect utility trait. Out of the many things in chaos that could use attention, this is literally the only one that had NO REASON at all to be changed. If anything had to be done about it (and it's really debatable) it could have used a SLIGHT bump to the superspeed, from 1.5s to maybe 2, and that is it.

Exactly, why would they bother changing dead trash traits that they made and effectively do nothing - chaos interruption, a blank space residing in a kitten GM slot...

Meanwhile in an ele land, they cry (they always do) about loss of effortless perma superspeed *sad violin noises*

• Like 2

OK so I've tried out master of manipulation tonight in WvW finally and it's not terrible and even useful with defender runes and chrono.
Running it without defender runes is, meh, but I wouldn't say it's better or worse than superspeed, just a different flavour of sucks for roaming/small scale.
Running it with defender runes but not chrono feels like I have perma crippling depression as everyone else zooms around the map.
Really all it highlighted for me is how abysmal mesmer mobility is compared to ranger, thief, engineer, willbender/DH, necro, elementalist, warrior and rev. On the bright side you can outrun a firebrand I think....maybe.

No 1.5s superspeed wouldn't have changed that either. What hurts most is the loss of CDR on arcane thievery and blink, if those were rolled in baseline I don't think many people would have been so critical of the change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

OK so I've tried out master of manipulation tonight in WvW finally and it's not terrible and even useful with defender runes and chrono.
Running it without defender runes is, meh, but I wouldn't say it's better or worse than superspeed, just a different flavour of sucks for roaming/small scale.
Running it with defender runes but not chrono feels like I have perma crippling depression as everyone else zooms around the map.
Really all it highlighted for me is how abysmal mesmer mobility is compared to ranger, thief, engineer, willbender/DH, necro, elementalist, warrior and rev. On the bright side you can outrun a firebrand I think....maybe.

No 1.5s superspeed wouldn't have changed that either. What hurts most is the loss of CDR on arcane thievery and blink, if those were rolled in baseline I don't think many people would have been so critical of the change.

I have tried Master of Manipulation Virtuoso in pvp and I must say i can almost see the reason behind the change and it it is not half bad. extra access to blocks is actually pretty rediculous with the added bonus of chosing to double on mobility/stunbreak or invulnerablity and condy cleanse. I am lead to believe that the change was actually directed at adding another nice baseline access to agies for virtuosos and as prior to this it was coming only from Bladeturn Refrain. 

I dont hate the change actually.

It does seem like the super speed on Glamour skills needs alot of tweaking but if they fix that I could see a place for Mesmer to have some interesting plays for a Zerg. 

I guess roaming did suffer on Mesmer in this patch Saying that an extra source of Aegis for Mirage with no second dodge and Virtuoso with quickness by blocking does have a little synergy

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 5