Good Level 80 PvE build for gathering HP?

LazerCatPewPew.6708

Hey All,

I have a thief I leveled up completely through PvP. I am now trying to transition into doing some PvE with him. First thing I need to do is get some HP so I can use my elite specialization.

I have gathered some, but I feel a bit ineffective. I currently have a S/D build and bow as my secondary. Basically, just try to stack as much condi as possible and use things like Skale Venom, Spider Venom.

I am pretty much a newbie when it comes to this game. I can figure out how to use the skills and such effectively, but I have no idea how to like prioritize my stats, pick equipment and skills.

Anyone know a good build site and/or can help me with a build? How do I know what stats to use? I would like to learn this so I can try to do some dungeons... Honestly, have never done anything PvE related... just those PvP Arena things and picked a meta build.

I strongly advise against using Condi S/D in PvE. It is a PvP Set, not really ment to kill large groups of Mobs which you will have to face on your journey for HPs.

You can try This Build

• Many People will tell you to go Full Berserker, which is a good advice, but I do not think it is a good Stat choice for HoT content, as you will get one shoted by weakest of Mobs (Beware, Beware the Pocket Raptor comes)

To be effective/wanted in PvE (Raids and Fractals) you either have to go Full Condi (Viper) or Full Power (Berserker/Marauder).There is a lot and lot of variables, for Example I use Trickery instead of _Deadly Arts in said PvE Build, cuase I just hate the feel of having less Initiative.You can also swap Heal skill for Signet of Malice_ or carry more weapon sets for different Scenarios.

Many of the Utillity Skils are subject to chage as well; _Shadow Refuge should be used instead of any chosen Utillity Skill for some Group scenarios that require it, such as Skiping in Dungeons, etc.Most of the Weapon Swaps and Skill swaps you'll figure out by common sense along the way.Anyway, in case you wanted to get a more detailed Info on recommended Builds, I suggest visiting This Site_

For even greater and overall understanding of Thief I strongly advice reading this _Guide_ ; The Linked Guide was created by zGwmark.7139.

• zGwmark.7139 is to be given Full and Huge Credit for Creating this Amazing Guide.I do not own nor did I create any of this Guide Content.

It got Stuck in the old Forums, went there to get a Link, wanted to Contact @zGwmark.7139 for his Permission to link it here, but since I did not figure out the new PM system I could not get a Contact and I don't think it should be forgotten anyway. So, if its the Authors Wish, I will remove the Link to his Guide from this post at once.

I hope I helped atleast a little, sorry if it is a bit Chaotic.If you had any further questions just ask here on the Forums. Plenty more Experienced people around here for sure!

@LazerCatPewPew.6708 said:Alatar,

Thank you for the reply. Lots of good information in your post! The only question I have is about the build you linked. What should I do, if I don't have all of my traits yet? Should I still use staff as I gather them or is there an alternative build?

I would definitely keep the Staff anyway.But if you don't feel like it, then Power S/D or S/P are both very viable options as well.

If you want to do HP solo on thief in HOT I would recommand using thief guild + p/p. The thieves can tank while you dps. I 'm also using venoms even if my gear is full berserk. The venom share on thief guild applies so much stacks that it is worth. You will also break the boss bar quite quickly.

Btw, I would advise you to be open. Have multiple weapons on you, you will find some working better in several situations. Same thing for traits.

Archived